Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Jun 2, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #32 of 749
You guys have been crazy busy, Black, F4 and now F7... all in a few months :clap: !

I look forward to the F7, quite a way to celebrate the 7th year anniversary !!! (And I am posting my 3333th post to celebrate :wink: )

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #33 of 749

Custom Art is proud to announce FIBAE 7

Last month Custom Art celebrated its seventh anniversary. We decided that it is perfect opportunity to release a new model showcasing and embodying what we've learned about designing IEMs so far.

Enter FIBAE 7

We think of FIBAE 7 as the most natural sounding IEM we have ever designed.

The first thing that comes to mind when listening to FIBAE 7 is balance combined with musicality.
For low frequencies we incorporated a dual-woofer found in our 6-driver model which thanks to AcuPass® technology delivers truly sub-low frequency. Bass is bold and full-bodied but never bloated. The quantity is leveled. The focus is kept on sub-lows but with only enough warmth added to upper bass so that vocals sound natural and lush. The Mid-Low frequencies are handled by a single driver of the type found in many of our IEMs. It builds a foundation for vocals and ensures Custom Art’s signature house-sound. The upper mid-range has a dedicated dual-driver for added brightness and details, bringing vocals forward. Finally two of our Top Firing Drivers are divided between High and Super High frequencies - the configuration found in FIBAE 4 but with further improvements and refinements. The highs are never brittle or harsh and retain perfect smoothness without sacrificing the extension. The 5-way design ensures speed, precision and top-notch detail retrieval.

FIBAE 7, thanks to its fast transient response, achieves great dynamics. It allows F7 to be soft and polite in acoustic or ambient music only to become big, bold and raging in heavy genres the next second. It perfectly conveys emotions of a track without missing a beat.

For the time being FIBAE 7 becomes our co-flagship model right next to well renowned Harmony 8.2

There are a lot of similarities between those two, as they follow similar approach to the sound signature. However there are also differences that ultimately set FIBAE 7 as technically superior to its elder brother.

FIBAE 7 will be available in acrylic shell only, both as custom and universal fit. Stock with Null Audio’s Arete OCC Copper upgrade cable for great sonic and mechanical performance.

Custom Art will offer 10pcs of universal fit FIBAE 7 in unique Anniversary Transparent Blue color, available as an of-the-shelf item - so that you can be the first one to get them without the wait.

MSRP: €1100
www.thecustomart.com/fibae-7/

Frequency response graph of FIBAE 7 with bi-flange tips:
Czesz, jak sie masz?

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #34 of 749
Forgot to ask, @piotrus-g, wil the custom FIBAE 7 feature a horn bore design?

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #37 of 749
Jun 6, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #38 of 749
3E724AD5-6970-4AAF-99C0-6FF151C78617.jpeg

:)

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #40 of 749
Impressions please!!!

After having the F7 for 3 hr (and non-stop listening) I would say, at least to me, that the F7 is like F3 on steroids. The overall character is similar -- forward vocals and upper mids, extended but non-fatiguing highs. However, the difference I noticed is that the center-mid, in comparison to the F3, is significantly fuller so vocals sound more chesty and powerful where the F3 can sound thin (not saying that the mids on the F3 is thin -- it is just RELATIVELY thin when compared directly to the F7. Bass on the F7 is more bodied and more forward with better layering and texture (you can FEEL the bass more). Signature wise, I feel like the F7 combines the overall forward and intimate signature of the F3 with infused warmth and body of the F2. Imaging and spatial resolution is noticeably better on the F7 compared to the F3. I would need more ear time to really say if it is really better than the F2 (which, to me, is one of the best at rendering spatial cues at all price points).

More detailed review to come soon!

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #42 of 749
After having the F7 for 3 hr (and non-stop listening) I would say, at least to me, that the F7 is like F3 on steroids. The overall character is similar -- forward vocals and upper mids, extended but non-fatiguing highs. However, the difference I noticed is that the center-mid, in comparison to the F3, is significantly fuller so vocals sound more chesty and powerful where the F3 can sound thin (not saying that the mids on the F3 is thin -- it is just RELATIVELY thin when compared directly to the F7. Bass on the F7 is more bodied and more forward with better layering and texture (you can FEEL the bass more). Signature wise, I feel like the F7 combines the overall forward and intimate signature of the F3 with infused warmth and body of the F2. Imaging and spatial resolution is noticeably better on the F7 compared to the F3. I would need more ear time to really say if it is really better than the F2 (which, to me, is one of the best at rendering spatial cues at all price points).

More detailed review to come soon!
Thank you kindly for your short review!
To me the description that it's F3 on steroids it quite spot on - they do follow similar FR curve, though my personal analogy would be F4 combined with Harmony 8.2.
There's a lot of technical improvement done over FIBAE3 with this IEM.

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #43 of 749
Thank you kindly for your short review!
To me the description that it's F3 on steroids it quite spot on - they do follow similar FR curve, though my personal analogy would be F4 combined with Harmony 8.2.
There's a lot of technical improvement done over FIBAE3 with this IEM.[/

Yes, I do totally agree that technicality-wise, the F7 is better than the F3 (And I prefer the sound signature as well). I skipped the F4 but I think you have combined the good things from the models I own — my favorite sound signature yet! I will give it more time before sharing my thoughts on it.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #45 of 749
@piotrus-g
Looking at the BAs build into the F7, it seems very similiar to the (Mass-)Drop Fibae

Massdrop Fibae:
2 sub-low drivers,
1 single low driver,
1 proprietary mid-high driver,
2 high-frequency drivers,

F7:
2 Sub-Low,
1 Low-Mid,
2 Mid-High,
1 proprietary High,
1 proprietary Super High

But reading the describing text for those two, the DropFibae seems fun, punchy, bass, and the F7 natural, analytical?
Or how would you describe the difference?

Ps: Congrats for 7year anniversary!
Been a pleasure as an original Ei.XX Owner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back