Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Apr 13, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #616 of 749
I remember reading that the "old" Fibae7 was a bit bright on the treble. Apart from the fact that having only read it, I am not able to be sure of this statement. But if so, I wanted to know if the new fibae7 maintains the same high range setting as the "old" fibae7.
I read those comments at the time about the F7 being bright, which put me off buying it for a while. I then took a chance and didn't find it bright at all, and I'm adverse to bright sounding monitors. The new F7U has more clarity and the treble just comes through a lot cleaner and more articulate, so you can follow what the drummer is playing and never gets lost in the mix. It's not brittle or fatiguing at all, just ultra clean and smooth. It's the best treble I've heard to date.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #617 of 749
I read those comments at the time about the F7 being bright, which put me off buying it for a while. I then took a chance and didn't find it bright at all, and I'm adverse to bright sounding monitors. The new F7U has more clarity and the treble just comes through a lot cleaner and more articulate, so you can follow what the drummer is playing and never gets lost in the mix. It's not brittle or fatiguing at all, just ultra clean and smooth. It's the best treble I've heard to date.
the sound is full-bodied? does it have weight?

Apr 13, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #618 of 749
the sound is full-bodied? does it have weight?
Yes, it's not a thin sounding monitor, it has a nice weight to it. On top of that it is nice and airy. It's quite a feat to have the best of both worlds, as some full bodied IEMs don't have the air or they sound fairly thin.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #619 of 749
Yes, it's not a thin sounding monitor, it has a nice weight to it. On top of that it is nice and airy. It's quite a feat to have the beat of both worlds, as some full bodied IEMs don't have the air or they sound fairly thin.
you're right .... I have Traillii and although I find it really amazing, if I really had to find a "defect" I would prefer it with a little more body, especially in the high range, where it is very open, detailed, three-dimensional, but like you say it lacks a bit of bite.

Apr 13, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #620 of 749
you're right .... I have Traillii and although I find it really amazing, if I really had to find a "defect" I would prefer it with a little more body, especially in the high range, where it is very open, detailed, three-dimensional, but like you say it lacks a bit of bite.
I'd like to try the Traillii one day. I'm no expert but I wonder if that's a difference between EST and BA treble?

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #622 of 749
I'd like to try the Traillii one day. I'm no expert but I wonder if that's a difference between EST and BA treble?
Mainly transients are so much faster with EST notes pop and fade so fast also extension is usually better but YMMV

No matter which tech, overall tuning will always be more important and F7 is still in my top 5 no matter what... I like F7 tuning so much that I am hesitant on F7U :p

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #623 of 749
Mainly transients are so much faster with EST notes pop and fade so fast also extension is usually better but YMMV

No matter which tech, overall tuning will always be more important and F7 is still in my top 5 no matter what... I like F7 tuning so much I am hesitant on F7U :p
That's true, it's all down to tuning in the end. The F7 was my favourite IEM until I heard the F7U and was taken to a whole new level of musical greatness. The F7s will no longer get a look in now.

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #624 of 749
Ordered the F7U in universal fit yesterday. Getting back to Custom Art after owning the Fibae Black some years ago.

Design chosen:

702565D7-1453-4E0B-B204-E52EB09B7D45.jpeg

Apr 15, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #626 of 749
That's true, it's all down to tuning in the end. The F7 was my favourite IEM until I heard the F7U and was taken to a whole new level of musical greatness. The F7s will no longer get a look in now.

Hmmm I have trouble believing that... I mean if I do get F7U which in the end is probable I'll keep F7 as the tuning fits like a glove.
I like those mids and the adjustments might break the magic for me.

Anyway right now I am burning so much cash into selling / buying my new apartment I have to put audiophile craziness on pause...

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #627 of 749
Hmmm I have trouble believing that... I mean if I do get F7U which in the end is probable I'll keep F7 as the tuning fits like a glove.
I like those mids and the adjustments might break the magic for me.

Anyway right now I am burning so much cash into selling / buying my new apartment I have to put audiophile craziness on pause...
That's just my opinion and taste of course 🙂. Hope the sale/buying of the new apartment goes well.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #628 of 749
I posted this in the other Custom Art thread but thought I'd do it in here as well:

Here's a nicer image of my F7Us that actually do them justice. I've been lucky to have some really nice IEMs in the past like A12Ts, VE8 and Legend X amongst others, but I can't recall being as wowed by them as I am these babies! The sound is just quality and clarity across the board, a perfect coherent balance of frequencies set in a nice big stage. The space around the instruments and vocals just amazes me every time; the spatial placement is outstanding and the timbre just sounds spot on.

To the guys who have ordered this, you're in for a real treat! To anyone thinking about, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

F7U.jpg

Hello
What difference in sound does the F7U have compared to the A12T? Does it beat this A12T?
Thank you and regards

Apr 15, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #629 of 749
Hello
What difference in sound does the F7U have compared to the A12T? Does it beat this A12T?
Thank you and regards
Hi, I no longer have the A12T so having to do this from memory. I don't recall the A12T having the airy stage the F7Us have, also the latter have more of an ultra clean treble and clarity. I also don't recall the A12Ts sounding as natural as the F7Us either. The A12T is a great monitor but I got bored with the sound after a while. I have had the F7s for a while now and have never got bored with them, they are ace but the F7Us take it up a notch to my ears. Keep in mind also this is just my opinion and taste :).

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #630 of 749
I posted this in the other Custom Art thread but thought I'd do it in here as well:

Here's a nicer image of my F7Us that actually do them justice. I've been lucky to have some really nice IEMs in the past like A12Ts, VE8 and Legend X amongst others, but I can't recall being as wowed by them as I am these babies! The sound is just quality and clarity across the board, a perfect coherent balance of frequencies set in a nice big stage. The space around the instruments and vocals just amazes me every time; the spatial placement is outstanding and the timbre just sounds spot on.

To the guys who have ordered this, you're in for a real treat! To anyone thinking about, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

F7U.jpg
Those are universal or custom fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back