Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Oct 25, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #587 of 749
FIBAE7 ciem has arrived :relaxed: :thumbsup: .
A big shout-out to Piotr and crew. Thank you for a smooth and easy buy process.
My first and very quick (too quick) impression is WOW!! My Vivaldi, Scarlatti, Tool, Ayreon, etc sound different. Upped some steps in a very good way :ksc75smile:.
Transparency, detail, tonal balance, and all in spades!!
Really need more time for myself, with these works of art.

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #588 of 749
FIBAE7 ciem has arrived :relaxed: :thumbsup: .
A big shout-out to Piotr and crew. Thank you for a smooth and easy buy process.
My first and very quick (too quick) impression is WOW!! My Vivaldi, Scarlatti, Tool, Ayreon, etc sound different. Upped some steps in a very good way :ksc75smile:.
Transparency, detail, tonal balance, and all in spades!!
Really need more time for myself, with these works of art.
Thank you for your feedback. Enjoy and happy listening!

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #589 of 749
Here goes, the source of my audio fun and pleasure (FIBAE7):
IMG_20211120_115327.jpg

IMG_20211120_113800.jpg

Copy (2) of IMG_20211120_114553.jpg

My very first CIEM, all previous were silicone tipped UIEM, hence probably, the initial adaptation period.

Great tonal balance, detailed highs and mids (vocals are superb). Bass is there definitly, though my personal preference would emphasize it just a tad.
Imaging is yet another good surprise, be it drums' solos, choirs, symphonic orchestra, it amazes me how delicatelly each sound source is placed.

Very easy to drive on my LP6K (high gain setting). I've noticed right away, my listening volume level decreased significantly, from upper 30's to upper 20's.

I'm very pleased with Fibae7. I'm on some fun and enjoyment trip.

A big shout-out for CA, Piotr and staff.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #590 of 749
@Arum16 Great choice and nice impressions and pics :)

Years after years each time I pick the FIBAE7 I am just amazed at its unique tuning and that it still competes with the best even with new tech... each time I listen from a different source or with a new cable (soon, PlusSound X8 Tri Copper) I discover new aspects yet and I have probably 600 hours on them at least. Yesterday I had a long session with Hiby RS6 and let me tell you on the RS6 the F7 renders some the best vocal performance of all my IEMs and I have a few TOTLs...

Nov 23, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #591 of 749
Here goes, the source of my audio fun and pleasure (FIBAE7):
IMG_20211120_115327.jpg
IMG_20211120_113800.jpg
Copy (2) of IMG_20211120_114553.jpg

My very first CIEM, all previous were silicone tipped UIEM, hence probably, the initial adaptation period.

Great tonal balance, detailed highs and mids (vocals are superb). Bass is there definitly, though my personal preference would emphasize it just a tad.
Imaging is yet another good surprise, be it drums' solos, choirs, symphonic orchestra, it amazes me how delicatelly each sound source is placed.

Very easy to drive on my LP6K (high gain setting). I've noticed right away, my listening volume level decreased significantly, from upper 30's to upper 20's.

I'm very pleased with Fibae7. I'm on some fun and enjoyment trip.

A big shout-out for CA, Piotr and staff.
Well Thank you! I'm glad you like them. The design turned out sooo well!
@Arum16 Great choice and nice impressions and pics :)

Years after years each time I pick the FIBAE7 I am just amazed at its unique tuning and that it still competes with the best even with new tech... each time I listen from a different source or with a new cable (soon, PlusSound X8 Tri Copper) I discover new aspects yet and I have probably 600 hours on them at least. Yesterday I had a long session with Hiby RS6 and let me tell you on the RS6 the F7 renders some the best vocal performance of all my IEMs and I have a few TOTLs...
Thanks! I'm so glad they are getting some ear time after all this time :) Always makes me happy :)

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #592 of 749
I plugged mine in with the SP2Kt and was blown away at how relevant the F7 still is.....excellent pairing. The tube & hybrid mode does it justice....

Nov 25, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #594 of 749
I wouldn't recommned plugging the IEMs to pure tube amps but hybrid should be safe enough (for amplifier of course).
It is a portable DAP...not a desktop amp. Didn't realize that could be an issue.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #595 of 749
It is a portable DAP...not a desktop amp. Didn't realize that could be an issue.
Aaah sure. For tube amps it's about impedance miss-match, too low impedance can overheat the amp, pure tube designs like high impedance loads, but maybe newer designs can account for that, don't know I don't really follow trends in tube amps.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #596 of 749
So... I received FiiO M17 yesterday and I was SHOCKED at how good it sounds... This is one of the very few times in this hobby that gear exceeds my expectations big time and it's a real shock... OH MY GOD! Mind blown... Contrary to the DX220 Max I owned for a while, there is no harshness on M17... this one is a keeper...

Of course one of the first thing I did is test FIBAE7 with it... and it shows that although F7 don't require power they do scale superbly with more driving power and better amplification : stage size is expanded, bass is much more powerful and the dynamic range is greatly improved... the F7 have more headroom to shine! This is something to behold really :)

Dec 6, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #598 of 749
So... I received FiiO M17 yesterday and I was SHOCKED at how good it sounds... This is one of the very few times in this hobby that gear exceeds my expectations big time and it's a real shock... OH MY GOD! Mind blown... Contrary to the DX220 Max I owned for a while, there is no harshness on M17... this one is a keeper...

Of course one of the first thing I did is test FIBAE7 with it... and it shows that although F7 don't require power they do scale superbly with more driving power and better amplification : stage size is expanded, bass is much more powerful and the dynamic range is greatly improved... the F7 have more headroom to shine! This is something to behold really :)
Nice! Good to know about M17 will recommend it to customers if they ask

Piotr the SP2Kt has really made these shine...
PXL_20211205_200910225.PORTRAIT.jpg
Nice!

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #600 of 749
I'm just going over Jazz At The Pawnshop, 1976 SACD recording, again.
Man... The imaging is blowing me away!! The recording sounds really superb, but FIBAE7... Oh là là!!!
I'm working at the computer, and just so often I catch myself "staring at" that way:ksc75smile:
Thanks for feedback :) I'm glad that they bring you joy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back