Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Feb 1, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #16 of 338
Are the shells going to be 3-d printed like the blacks or handmade?

Another interesting product from CA!

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #17 of 338
Feb 1, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #18 of 338
Very interesting design, I really hope to be able to listen to these. I am a huge fan of the Tia driver in my A6t's so I can only imagine how natural and effortless these will sound.

A big congratulations to Custom Art, this is the kind of innovation this industry needs.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 338

+1 to the question. I love the BLACKs design and size. Is FIBAE 4 similar size? If yes I am in, I am currently testing the loaner BLACK and more bass and highs would be exactly what I need :)
Still trying to decide if I go universal or try custom...

What type of mic do you use in your cable? is there a picture of the cable? I am still looking for the ultimate headset for calls and music and this could be it.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 338

Depends, we will be trying to eventually move to 3D printing as much as possible but for now we can print only fully black opaque shells, so if you order FIBAE4 in black solid (no colored canal) then it will be 3D printed. All other designs (again, for now) will be hand-made

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #22 of 338
@piotrus-g have you got any photos of the inside? I love to see the drivers, wiring etc!

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #23 of 338
Depends, we will be trying to eventually move to 3D printing as much as possible but for now we can print only fully black opaque shells, so if you order FIBAE4 in black solid (no colored canal) then it will be 3D printed. All other designs (again, for now) will be hand-made
What are the differences between 3D printed and hand-made shells except possible designs? Durability, quality etc?

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #24 of 338
@piotrus-g have you got any photos of the inside? I love to see the drivers, wiring etc!
Some pictures that present internals better
_IKO0226.jpg
DSC_7295.jpg

What are the differences between 3D printed and hand-made shells except possible designs? Durability, quality etc?
In theory fit - as the digitally detailed impressions should be as close to shape of the ear as possible - it also allows us to have ctrl+z option meaning whatever we do with impression can be reversed and changed, we also have extreme precision and control over detailing process. Design wise - like I mentioned we can currently print only in one color. Quality wise - honestly to me the black printed shells look stunningly beautiful, we are working now towards printing with other colors, still there will be limitations cause we won't be able to mix colors in swirls or even do canals in different colors. Durability is great with 3D resin, the one we use is very very tough after post cure - much harder than standard acrylic resin.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #25 of 338

Ah yeah, that's it! I feel a bit weak at the knees... not sure if I should be looking at pictures like this at work :)

Feb 1, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #29 of 338
Still trying to decide if I go universal or try custom...

Just a thought but CA for a transfer fee can reshell your customs into universal if you have any (unlikely, seems I'm somewhat of an anomaly when it comes to customs (story of my life) :frowning2: :) ) issues with customs and don't want to get trapped in an endless cycle of refits. Be warned though it seems once going custom most people can't go back!

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #30 of 338

In theory fit - as the digitally detailed impressions should be as close to shape of the ear as possible - it also allows us to have ctrl+z option meaning whatever we do with impression can be reversed and changed, we also have extreme precision and control over detailing process. Design wise - like I mentioned we can currently print only in one color. Quality wise - honestly to me the black printed shells look stunningly beautiful, we are working now towards printing with other colors, still there will be limitations cause we won't be able to mix colors in swirls or even do canals in different colors. Durability is great with 3D resin, the one we use is very very tough after post cure - much harder than standard acrylic resin.
Oh, I see. This is why the Black is shelled only in black. It's good to hear the design benefits of the 3D process, especially the durability increase for a klutz like me. Now I'm afraid I'm going to go all John Wick and get a black suit which will look extrememly out of place in my jeans-and-t-shirt workplace. "Hey, what's with the suit?" "You don't understand... I'm listening to FIBAE BLACK."

Thanks for posting about the 4 vs. ME and 4 vs. Black. Interesting that the staging on the 4 is much better than the MEs: more to do with increased treble? Is the treble attributable directly to the top-firing driver? How does the staging on the 4 compare to the Blacks? They've both been described as having unique soundstages. (Black because of the resonator and 4 because of the unique tweeters, correct?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back