current line of Sennheiser HD headphones
May 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Goit

500+ Head-Fier
I haven't been watching the headphone market right now. From what I can gather from a quick research, are the new line of Sennheiser headphones (598, 800 etc...) a departure from their trademark sound signature?

Another thing has to do with the comfort, the felt pads on the HD555 and 600 tend to absorb sweat and becomes uncomfortable after a while. Also, Sennheiser asks you to replace the pads every 2 years. What kind of headphones are the best in the sweat department?

May 23, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 7
If you frequently use your headphones, I'd consider it very acceptable to replace pads after 2 years :)

To my knowing, they don't make (p)leather, but I'm very positive about HD6X0 velours

May 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 7
well, velour/felt absorbs it, and pleather will do that not or less. But (p)leather will make you sweat more though, gets hotter. 

I prefer velour pads in general, but I don't mind renewing pads once in a while, as long as they stay available offcourse. I have to admit Sennheiser HD6X0 pads are pricy

May 23, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Do velour pads fare better with sweat than felt pads?

They're not quite as sweaty but they absorb sweat so you'll end with some serious stink ny the end of the Summer.

I like ear buds on the hot humid days.

May 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 7
so how do the artists and recording engineers wear those HD280s and pleather akgs for long periods of time? Are their studios always air conditioned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back