Crosszone Headphones [CZ-1, CZ-10, CZ-8A, and More!]
Apr 12, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #47 of 76
@Dobrescu George Thanks for starting this thread. Interesting that what sounds like a really innovative and well made product does not seem to get more air time.

Anyway, something exciting happened today. Wilson from Jaben Singapore contacted me to see I‘d like to try out Crosszone headphones. Jaben is now the Authorised Dealer in Singapore.

I believe he has CZ-8a and CZ-10. Looking forward to trying them out!

Quick Q: I had read your review on the CZ-10. What is the key difference for the CZ-8a? By the way, are the cables the same for both these models?

Thanks! :)

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #48 of 76
@Dobrescu George Thanks for starting this thread. Interesting that what sounds like a really innovative and well made product does not seem to get more air time.

Anyway, something exciting happened today. Wilson from Jaben Singapore contacted me to see I‘d like to try out Crosszone headphones. Jaben is now the Authorised Dealer in Singapore.

I believe he has CZ-8a and CZ-10. Looking forward to trying them out!

Quick Q: I had read your review on the CZ-10. What is the key difference for the CZ-8a? By the way, are the cables the same for both these models?

Thanks! :)

Hii, and happy to hear that Crosszone how has an official seller out there, outside of Japan!!

I think that CZ-10 sounds a bit more natural, in the midrange it is a bit smoother, has a warmer, thicker sound. CZ-8A is more technical, has better resolution and detail, more energy and generally is better at the soundstage thing, sounding wider and more holographic. you can get used to CZ-10 instantly, while with CZ-8a, due to the less usualy driver and signature it can take a little while before you get used to it

I have all of them, all of them work with the same cables, and currently there are 2 balanced aftermarket cables out there, and I will be posting a review on the Balanced better aftermarket cable, which costs around 300 USD.

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #49 of 76
Hii, and happy to hear that Crosszone how has an official seller out there, outside of Japan!!

I think that CZ-10 sounds a bit more natural, in the midrange it is a bit smoother, has a warmer, thicker sound. CZ-8A is more technical, has better resolution and detail, more energy and generally is better at the soundstage thing, sounding wider and more holographic. you can get used to CZ-10 instantly, while with CZ-8a, due to the less usualy driver and signature it can take a little while before you get used to it

I have all of them, all of them work with the same cables, and currently there are 2 balanced aftermarket cables out there, and I will be posting a review on the Balanced better aftermarket cable, which costs around 300 USD.
Thank you for the reply!

I am looking forward to trying it after I pick it up on Friday. They do sound like really innovative products.

I will be driving the HPs via my desktop rig. I will post impressions as we go along. Nothing as comprehensive or well written as your review @Dobrescu George though. :)

Look forward to another new audio adventure! :wink:

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #50 of 76
Thank you for the reply!

I am looking forward to trying it after I pick it up on Friday. They do sound like really innovative products.

I will be driving the HPs via my desktop rig. I will post impressions as we go along. Nothing as comprehensive or well written as your review @Dobrescu George though. :)

Look forward to another new audio adventure! :wink:

I really hope you'll have lots of fun! Don't forget, Crosszone headphones can sound weird , especially ar first, same was for Ultrasone headphones, the tech inside doesn't work right away for some people and the FR can be odd, but once you get used to the sound, it can be really fun

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #51 of 76
I really hope you'll have lots of fun! Don't forget, Crosszone headphones can sound weird , especially ar first, same was for Ultrasone headphones, the tech inside doesn't work right away for some people and the FR can be odd, but once you get used to the sound, it can be really fun
Thanks for the advice. 🙏

I shall be curious about the difference between the CZ-8a and the CZ-1 I am sure later on

Apr 13, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #52 of 76
I'm curious about the difference between the CZ-8A and CZ-1!
Now I got the opportunity to get both models for the same price

Of course, the CZ-1 is more expensive, but I'd personally buy the CZ-8A since it's the most recent headphone release.

What do you think?

Apr 13, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #53 of 76
I'm curious about the difference between the CZ-8A and CZ-1!
Now I got the opportunity to get both models for the same price

Of course, the CZ-1 is more expensive, but I'd personally buy the CZ-8A since it's the most recent headphone release.

What do you think?

I would go with CZ-8a rather than CZ-1, CZ-1 is more comfortable, larger, but CZ-8a is considerably more impactful and punchy. CZ-1 sounds relaxed , needs a TON of power to be driven well, while CZ-8a is easier to drive, has more bass, has more punchy, is generally more pleasing for a wider range of music. This all comes at the cost of staging, CZ-1 is a bit larger, CZ-8a is a not quite as big, but has better instrument separation

Apr 13, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #54 of 76
I would go with CZ-8a rather than CZ-1, CZ-1 is more comfortable, larger, but CZ-8a is considerably more impactful and punchy. CZ-1 sounds relaxed , needs a TON of power to be driven well, while CZ-8a is easier to drive, has more bass, has more punchy, is generally more pleasing for a wider range of music. This all comes at the cost of staging, CZ-1 is a bit larger, CZ-8a is a not quite as big, but has better instrument separation
Thanks, I've decided on the CZ-8A!

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #55 of 76
Here begins the adventure. :) Agree, @Dobrescu George : it takes a few minutes for the brain to get used to the sound rendition. I was a bit thrown off by the lack of L and R markings on the cable until I figured it must be because it is irrelevant, which is cool. :)

IMG_6163.jpeg

Apr 16, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #56 of 76

Agree with you now that I have an opportunity to listen to both.

Whilst the CZ-10 is definitely more accessible in its tuning, the slip side of the same coin is that the soundstage and imaging magic is not as pronounced as in the CZ-8a.

IMG_6166.jpeg

Apr 16, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #57 of 76
Okay. I ordered the CZ-8A! Too bad it's going to take about a month because they don't have it in stock in Korea and have to send it from Japan. Now it's just a matter of waiting...

Apr 16, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #58 of 76
Okay. I ordered the CZ-8A! Too bad it's going to take about a month because they don't have it in stock in Korea and have to send it from Japan. Now it's just a matter of waiting...
Look forward to hearing your views. For me, I have also have the RAAL SR-1a and MySphere, as well as the Stax Sigma. Hence, I am probably more used to this out of head experience. :)

Apr 18, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #59 of 76
I have been watching this brand. If a used set comes up in the USA…Ill probably jump on it!

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #60 of 76
Does anyone know of a DAC&AMP combination that works with the Cz-8a?
Currently using schiit BF2 OG + Holo audio mammoth. Additionally have loxjie p20 and schiit modi+magni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back