CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 21, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #841 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spent the last few hours A/Bing several IEMs with the XB's. Oli84, if you don't mind paying more, the Atrios certainly are better in almost any aspect. The XB's do have more treble energy, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are more detailed sounding. The mids of the Atrios are better, more natural. The bass of the Atrios is detailed and punchy, the XBs sound more boomy and all over the place (at least after these few hours of usage). The Atrios are overall more refined. In this case, you get what you pay for.

Thanks for that response. I wish i could try out these atrios, one of the things I've experienced with IEMs is that they chafe the inside of one ear and irritate it. That might prove to be the only reason I might not get it
frown.gif
that and maybe they are too isolating.

Aug 21, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #842 of 1,031
Well, the Atrios are real in-ear phones, not canal-phones like the XB's (I know, the margin is blurry) - it's a matter of "training", I assume - most people could get accustomed to the intrusive aural dildo feeling...
wink.gif

No matter what, the Atrios are worth it - but if you can settle for lower audio quality, then the XB's seem to be a really good choice, as far as I can say at the moment. They sure are less intrusive.

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #848 of 1,031
It finally happend....

Last night as I was listening to my ipod, I noticed that the music was cutting out from the right bud. After fiddling with it a bit, the right bud completely died
frown.gif
. Guess it's time to contact Jaben.

BTW I always noticed a "crinkle" sound when putting in the right ear bud but assumed that it was just the sound of the tips as they were being moved into my ear canal.

Aug 25, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #849 of 1,031
Mark me down as yet another UE/Shure E2 foamie convert. I've been using the UE double flanges on my X3s, but recently have been noticing that my ear canal gets somewhat irritated & my seal doesn't always hold depending on what my jaw is doing. From my experiences over the last week, UE foamies are *much* more comfy, maintain a more consistent seal, and sound at least as good (possibly better, but that may be wishful thinking on my part). Also, I get the added peace of mind of not having the crinkle noise when I insert my drivers anymore!
icon10.gif

This prompts a question in my mind: Has anyone noticed a sound difference between the UE foamies & Shure E2 foamies? If so, what are the differences?

I ask because foamies get need to be replaced more often that silicone tips, and I currently only have the one UE foamie pair that came with my UE universal fit kit. The Shure E2 tips are also considerably cheaper than the UE versions, so I'm looking to save a couple of bucks if possible.

Aug 25, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #851 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by iG012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd like to know that too... i'll buy the x3's and i'll ask for an extra pair o foamies, but i don't know which one i must choose.

My gut tells be there will be no difference (as the different foamies look pretty much the same other than color), but it would be nice to know for sure.

I do know that both foamie styles have been well received by X3 users, however.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #852 of 1,031
i've given out 5 pairs of x3's as birthday gifts. i think theyre perfect gifts. not expensive, yet very useful for almost everyone.
and the response i get from the recipients (they were used to the stock ipod iem's) is fun!

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #854 of 1,031
I have not read all the replys..but I am looking for IEM's that sound like SR80's w/FLATS..or plain SR80's with much BASS!

Do the MylarOne's X3 or XB fit the bill?

Aug 28, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #855 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by jestur1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It finally happend....

Last night as I was listening to my ipod, I noticed that the music was cutting out from the right bud. After fiddling with it a bit, the right bud completely died
frown.gif
. Guess it's time to contact Jaben.

BTW I always noticed a "crinkle" sound when putting in the right ear bud but assumed that it was just the sound of the tips as they were being moved into my ear canal.

Hmm - exactly the same thing has happened with my pair of X3s - is this a common fault?

The right bud just cut out completely dead as I was walking along. I'm really unhappy, these headphones really brighten up every day of my life!

If I buy another pair, what's the difference between the X3 and XB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back