CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 28, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #856 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not read all the replys..but I am looking for IEM's that sound like SR80's w/FLATS..or plain SR80's with much BASS!

Do the MylarOne's X3 or XB fit the bill?

No. The MylarOnes are much warmer, and preferable by me, than the Grados.

Aug 31, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #857 of 1,031
After a trip to Hawaii from Calgary with the stock tips, I'm loving the UE foamies from the fit kit. I can't seem to get a good seal with the silicone tips (both UE and the stock ones) and they aren't nearly as comfortable as the foamies.
What's the size equivalent of the UE ones in the Shure sizing? Kinda confused why they have sizes since the foam expands. Do the sizes differ in both length and girth?

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #858 of 1,031
The UE foamies are equivalent to the Shure E2 (orange) mediums. I actually prefer the smalls since my ear canals are small. You can find them at different sizes on e-bay for cheap.

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #860 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, it took my a while to read all 42 pages but it was worth it considering the wealth of information.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I was very interested in purchasing the X3's until I read about the poor build quality and left driver issue. I can't remember how many of you guys have had this problem, but as somebody else mentioned, we don't know how many other owners have had this problem.

I'm still inclined to purchase the the X3's only because of Jaben's great customer service that I constantly hear about. Though I still think that's no excuse for Crossroad's poor build quality.

I have 3 pairs now. Poor build quality is unfortunately true, at least in my opinion. These are somewhat fragile headphones. However, it is also true that as far as I can tell, customer support is great.

I had this pair that simply detach (ungled) in half. It still worked but I had to glue it together because it split while removing it from my ears (and I don't even use it while jogging or doing any physically active stuff).
I emailed Jaben about that and they didn't even ask much, they simply told me that a new pair was on its way. I'm sure they're fixing that problem (weak glue?) in current units and I really can't complain at all.. great customer service.

As for sound quality, after these months I'd say that I'm still pretty pleased. They're detailed...very detailed. Bass isn't as full as I would like... that's their main weakness... weak bass and rather poor build quality.

But don't get me wrong... I love the X3. Great value for money, good tech support... there isn't much you can argue about considering what they cost and what the competing products are costing.

I'd definitely buy a pair (again).

Regards from Lisbon.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #861 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had this pair that simply detach (ungled) in half. It still worked but I had to glue it together because it split while removing it from my ears (and I don't even use it while jogging or doing any physically active stuff).

Exactly the same thing happened to my new XBs today - after maybe a week of use... build quality seriously is an issue with those Mylars.

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #864 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by calvin91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the isolation of the UE foamies campared to the bi falnges and stock tips? thanks

To my ears, they are very comparable. The double flanges may have a slight edge when the seal is absolutely perfect, but both the foamies & double flanges blow the single flanged (stock) tips away IMHO.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #865 of 1,031
Hello, CrossRoad fans. I have come to ask for advice in picking a IEM model.

I listen to a little of everything, electronic, vocals, rap rock etc.

Im currently using a pair of JVC FX-77s, FYI for comparison. My primary

source will be a Zune.

So, the X3s or XBs.

I admit, I do like bass, but bold mids and sparkling, warm highs is also very

important. I hear the XBs are a lot more "thumpy" than the X3s, so the XB's

might be a poor choice for me.

Thoughts, opinions?

Sep 6, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #866 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I admit, I do like bass, but bold mids and sparkling, warm highs is also very

important. I hear the XBs are a lot more "thumpy" than the X3s, so the XB's

might be a poor choice for me.

Thoughts, opinions?

Based on your concerns (primarily the desire for good mids/highs), I suspect that the conservative approach would be to get X3s and a UE universal fit kit to insure you get the best tip seal. The X3s are extremely seal dependent & have reasonable bass if the seal is solid. I find the highs & mids are quite nice (forward & 'sparkly', but not overly so).

However, the XBs have generated a following as well, but I have never listened to them & can't really comment on the mids & highs (although the bass is widely considered excellent by owners). Some say the highs/mids are not quite to the level of the X3s, but are satisfied nonetheless. Any comments from XB owners?

Just my 2 cents.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #868 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on your concerns (primarily the desire for good mids/highs), I suspect that the conservative approach would be to get X3s and a UE universal fit kit to insure you get the best tip seal. The X3s are extremely seal dependent & have reasonable bass if the seal is solid. I find the highs & mids are quite nice (forward & 'sparkly', but not overly so).

However, the XBs have generated a following as well, but I have never listened to them & can't really comment on the mids & highs (although the bass is widely considered excellent by owners). Some say the highs/mids are not quite to the level of the X3s, but are satisfied nonetheless. Any comments from XB owners?

Just my 2 cents.

The XB starts out with a lot of bass punch, and then loses it for some reason. At least that's to my ears. Maybe I just got used to it.

Sep 6, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #869 of 1,031
A little eye candy for you guys
pict0015om8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back