CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 2, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #676 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im starting to think of my X3´s as transitionals, im starting to think about some Atrios M5 or Q-jays,

That's what I believe as well. Of course they won't be your end all be all headphones. They are just AWESOME for the price.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #679 of 1,031
Hello all,

ordered the DTX50 and X3 package. I'm wondering how both phones compare to the CX300 and EP630.

I may have read somewhere that DTX50 resembles the ATH-ES7 sound sig? Just wondering how true that is, I might be wrong.

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #680 of 1,031
The left channel on my X3 just died some days ago. I rarely used the phones (maybe 20 hours at all) since I am mostly listening to my Sharp MD-33.

I was listening to the X3, put them aside for a minute and as I inserted them again nothing came out of the left channel. I am very cautious with these kind of phones knowing of the build quality especially in this case.

Very dissapointing, particularly since I live in Germany and have to pay quite a lot to ship them back.

Hope the next pair will last longer.

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #682 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very dissapointing, particularly since I live in Germany and have to pay quite a lot to ship them back.

Hope the next pair will last longer.

All you need to do is chuck them in a standard envelope, with nothing else (eg not the casing or anything), and pay for postage. That will only cost a couple of euros, maximum.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #683 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by hrsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All you need to do is chuck them in a standard envelope, with nothing else (eg not the casing or anything), and pay for postage. That will only cost a couple of euros, maximum.

What when they get damaged during the transport? It's common at least here in Germany to take care that the product will not be damaged (e.g. to send it in with the original packing). Otherwise it won't be possible to tell if the damage was there before you send in the product and it will get extremely difficult to claim repair or refund.

But I think i will try a padded envelope and send the headphones with the red box it came with.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #684 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What when they get damaged during the transport? It's common at least here in Germany to take care that the product will not be damaged (e.g. to send it in with the original packing). Otherwise it won't be possible to tell if the damage was there before you send in the product and it will get extremely difficult to claim repair or refund.

But I think i will try a padded envelope and send the headphones with the red box it came with.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Like i said a few times before over and over again...Jaben doesn't require you to ship back your broken X3's. How many times do I have to say this before people get it through their thick skulls :p? Seriously, just e-mail Uncle Wilson at wilson [at] jaben [dot] net and he'll send you a new pair straight away (you can even ask for one of the other colors if you want to try them out). Please people, read some of this thread. So much information is already provided in this thread regarding everything about the X3's. Some questions have been repeated over and over again. It's just kind of annoying that 35 pages of this thread contains about 10 pages worth of information and 25 pages of repeats of people asking the same questions
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #685 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like i said a few times before over and over again...Jaben doesn't require you to ship back your broken X3's. How many times do I have to say this before people get it through their thick skulls :p? Seriously, just e-mail Uncle Wilson at wilson [at] jaben [dot] net and he'll send you a new pair straight away (you can even ask for one of the other colors if you want to try them out). Please people, read some of this thread. So much information is already provided in this thread regarding everything about the X3's. Some questions have been repeated over and over again. It's just kind of annoying that 35 pages of this thread contains about 10 pages worth of information and 25 pages of repeats of people asking the same questions
biggrin.gif

I send an email to jaben and I was told to send the headphones back to Singapore. Maybe the this offer applies only to countries not so far away
confused.gif

But I will try to ask for a replace without sending the broken ones in with reference to head-fi.

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #686 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all,

ordered the DTX50 and X3 package. I'm wondering how both phones compare to the CX300 and EP630.

I may have read somewhere that DTX50 resembles the ATH-ES7 sound sig? Just wondering how true that is, I might be wrong.

I read that the DTX50 are the bass expanded type, like the CX300.
The X3 would look more like the EP630 with just a bit more definition and clarity.

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #687 of 1,031
Just got mine in the mail, pretty pleased with them. I do have a few questions though...

2) How do I go about picking what pads for my ears? The mediums fit decent, as do the smalls. My girlfriend tried them and she found the mediums were too smal, but the larges to big, so she is kinda screwed in that sense
3) Was I supposed to get a pick cleaner to clean the canalphones if I get gunk in them? I know alot of IEMs come with them
4) Very cool that they included a cord manager. Where can I get more of these?
5) How do I go about removing the clip on the cord without breaking it?
6) Do the Universal UE Fit Kits work with the X3s? They come with 5 pairs of tips I believe and are only $9, I'd love to get a perfect fit for my ears, and, along with that, any other fit kits I should pick up?

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #688 of 1,031
2) Use them more and you might find the smalls are too small. As long as you get a good seal, the size is right.
3) It's not part of the package. I don't know if you should go find one.
4) can't answer.
5) It's just a slotted clip. So, I moved the cable up one side, so I can slide the cable past the notch.
6) Should be. The first post has a link to the tip trials as well as a list of tips. I just ordered double flanges (universal) myself.

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #689 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonePusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This actually happened to me too. I just super glued it together but I did let jaben know what happend. Too much trouble for me to send it back since I only have 1 pair of the X3s.

I complained to Jaben. Pretty much only bitching about the overall quality assurance since I have 2 pairs and am expecting the 2nd to have the same problem. They said they would send a replacement. So +1 for customer service and -1 for quality assurance.

The first pair (black+blue/red) had a problem with the glue holding the two parts together. My second pair (silver+black) doesn't seem to have that problem. I pulled it around a bit and it appears to be solid. (a later batch I guess)

As for sound quality, so far I have not experienced any of the lost-bass issues... Both pairs sound pretty much the same as when I bought them.

3 aspects remain:

-The case is ugly, very, VERY ugly. Making it black would improve things a bit.
-Overall build quality appears to be...well, flimsy
-Sound quality is great. Bass could be a bit stronger and they're too sensitive sometimes, but other than that, fine headphones that end up replacing my cd3k often.

I've recommended them to several friends, but only because I know Jaben will replace faulty units... So there isn't much to lose... very decent IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back