CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 31, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #661 of 1,031
the bass of the x3 is not a force to be reckoned with thats for sure. No one will confuse it with the XB, or any other bass-driven sounding ECH

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #662 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by arvay7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone else had trouble with a receding bass line? i was convinced to get some x3's, but i want to know if this problem is more prevalent than at first glance before i shell out $60. thanks.

mine sounds pretty much the same as when i first got them.

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #663 of 1,031
Hi (this is my first post here
biggrin.gif
)

Are Meizu players suitable with the MylarOne X3 headphones? I've read that this combination causes hiss
confused.gif
Well, at least with the Meizu M6, the M3 seems to be fine. (?)

I'm looking for a mp3 player that matches well to the headphones, because I'm going to sell my 3rd-generation iPod.

Do you have any suggestions for a player? (8GB, 120€-200€ / 160US$-270$)

And is the hiss really annoying?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #664 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi (this is my first post here
biggrin.gif
)

Are Meizu players suitable with the MylarOne X3 headphones? I've read that this combination causes hiss
confused.gif
Well, at least with the Meizu M6, the M3 seems to be fine. (?)

I'm looking for a mp3 player that matches well to the headphones, because I'm going to sell my 3rd-generation iPod.

Do you have any suggestions for a player? (8GB, 120€-200€ / 160US$-270$)

And is the hiss really annoying?

Thanks in advance!

The hiss is also present in the 2G Shuffle, not so much in the 1st gen though. Is there any easy (or not so easy) fix that I can do? I saw a post about some device to build.

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #666 of 1,031
the x3 is so very sensitive...definitely hiss prone for a lot of sources

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #669 of 1,031
wow... so much hissing?? i always thought that (From the specs) the mylar x3s were pretty much the same as the other non hissing iems... yeah, so anyone have the meizu m6/x3 combination?? i thought that these dynamic drivers should have minimal hissing compared to higher end armatures..

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #670 of 1,031
My first set of Mylar (about 1 month old) just cracked open. I took them from the case and the right pair was open. Not really cracked but more like unglued... it is formed by 2 plastic pieces, joining near the painted red/blue lines. The wires inside are ok I think, it just kinda detached.

I've taken excellent care of them, no outdoor use.. I basically just use them at work and then bag them every day. I'm not sure how it happened but the only possibility I see is that the plastic simply unglued/detached with the pressure of removing them from the ear canal. Probalby didn't noticed, wrapped them and bagged them yesterday.

Really a sign of poor reliablity. I have another set that is almost brand new and I'll have to be extra careful with it.

Now i'm unsure if I should try to glue it (it will probably work ok) or complain to jaben...

Aug 2, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #671 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by calvin91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow... so much hissing?? i always thought that (From the specs) the mylar x3s were pretty much the same as the other non hissing iems... yeah, so anyone have the meizu m6/x3 combination?? i thought that these dynamic drivers should have minimal hissing compared to higher end armatures..

Using mine with iHP120/Xin Supermini, can't say I've noticed any undue hissing,,,,I may be deaf, of course.

And so far, my X3 are still bassy, & still in one piece after two owners. Maybe I have a lucky rabbit pair!

Aug 2, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #672 of 1,031
Hi!
I have a pair of X3 (red and blue) since about 2 months and I the sound is just getting better and better.

I did not use the tips that came with them , instead bought a black replacement triple flange silicone that fit the CX300 and Creative EP630. The stem of the X3 is just a bit smaller and the fit was not tight, so when I removed them the tip would stay in the ear canal. But still the fit and sound was better than with the s-m-l original tips.

I just remembered I had an old Koss The Plug IEM retrofitted with Etymotic triple flange silicone bought on ebay a long time ago. The sleeve fits perfect over the X3, and ,for me, the sound improved as much and the confort is superb.
I wear them and just forget they are in my ears.

I runned 45 minutes in Montreal's streets and the isolation was very very good. Needed to be extra carefull when crossing streets...

The sleeves are supposed to cut 20 to 35 db of external sound!

Some do not like the triple flange silicone but for me the solution is found. No more fooling around trying and trying different things to improve the sound quality.

regards,

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #673 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now i'm unsure if I should try to glue it (it will probably work ok) or complain to jaben...

This actually happened to me too. I just super glued it together but I did let jaben know what happend. Too much trouble for me to send it back since I only have 1 pair of the X3s.

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #674 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonePusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This actually happened to me too. I just super glued it together but I did let jaben know what happend. Too much trouble for me to send it back since I only have 1 pair of the X3s.

My understanding is that you don't have to send them back, just demand a replacement. Hope people will not abuse that privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back