CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 5, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #706 of 1,031
I have a couple of the X3, and a classic, from Soup.

Luv the sound, somewhat taken back by the design, as the ugly cord endings may cause undue pressure on the diaphragm when inserted, using the ends. And ultimately. Failure.
blink.gif

If redesigned, so that the cords enter from the bottom, rather than the very tip of the earpiece, they should be more durable. A design improvement.

And the *RED* case is SOOoo gay.....
tongue.gif

Other than that, they sound stellar!

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #707 of 1,031
ordered my x3's a couple days ago. can't wait for them to arrive! and the staff at jaben are very helpful (as everyone has mentioned). if the headphones are half as good as the customer service, this should be an excellent investment. :)

Aug 5, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #708 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont rate the threes at all...They distort. And bass is pant
frown.gif

I think he meant that he doesnt rate the X3 very highly, soup, as the sound seems to be distorted, and the bass is panty waisted.

Suggestion: With properly fitted tips, meaning snug, and inserted deeply, without damaging either your ears, or the diaphragms, the sound should improve, and the bass should have balls.
k1000smile.gif

MtC.
redface.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #709 of 1,031
What's the best MP3/PMP to go with the X3?
I might be getting a Meizu M6 for my other cans, but maybe I should get one for the X3.
(I currently have a Nano 1G, btw.)

Aug 5, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #711 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!
What source do you have? What quality of encoding are you using?

I once used a very cheap mp3 player that had the characteristics you are saying.

Per the quantity of replies here, the conscensus is the X3 are ++OK ++.

I am using an Ipod. I do push them in as far as possible (comfort). I am no geek when it comes to sound. But i dont rate the X3 Sorry people
frown.gif

Thanks
Tom

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #713 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using an Ipod. I do push them in as far as possible (comfort). I am no geek when it comes to sound. But i dont rate the X3 Sorry people
frown.gif

Thanks
Tom

What gen/model? I'm using a Nano 1G and I have no problems.
blink.gif
In fact, they sound pretty good. Maybe you just have a defective pair?

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #715 of 1,031
I think that the choice between the x3 and xB should be determined by a couple of things. 1) the music you listen to, if its mostly jazz, classical, acoustic, then I would say the X3... Hip hop, R&B, other bass heavy music... then I would go with the XB... however it would be a better deal IMHO to get the DTX50 - X3 bundle, and get one w/ great bass, and another with greater clarity.

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #716 of 1,031
Hi all,

I just felt the need to say thanks to all those who have been contributing to the various MylarOne threads. I've been lurking for awhile & a recent extended plane/bus trip with my cheap JVC Marshmallows (I never used IEMs/canal phones prior to this trip) made me realize that extended travel in noisy environments can be pretty enjoyable if you can block out the external sound & focus on your music. This, as well as the information conveyed in this thread, caused me to spring for the X3s as I gravitate toward 'cans' with a favorable bang/buck ratio (see sig below).

I just got my X3-RBs today & I am extremely pleased with their performance considering their relatively modest price. Reasonable bass (very tip & position dependent though), solid treble clarity, and no perceivable hiss through my unamped Archos MP3 player. Nice.

I am eager to try out the UE Universal Fit kit tips on the X3s, but they are still a few days shipping away. I suspect the double flanges may further optimize the bass & isolation, but everyone's ears are different so we'll see.

Thanks again!

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #717 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

I just felt the need to say thanks to all those who have been contributing to the various MylarOne threads. I've been lurking for awhile & a recent extended plane/bus trip with my cheap JVC Marshmallows (I never used IEMs/canal phones prior to this trip) made me realize that extended travel in noisy environments can be pretty enjoyable if you can block out the external sound & focus on your music. This, as well as the information conveyed in this thread, caused me to spring for the X3s as I gravitate toward 'cans' with a favorable bang/buck ratio (see sig below).

I just got my X3-RBs today & I am extremely pleased with their performance considering their relatively modest price. Reasonable bass (very tip & position dependent though), solid treble clarity, and no perceivable hiss through my unamped Archos MP3 player. Nice.

I am eager to try out the UE Universal Fit kit tips on the X3s, but they are still a few days shipping away. I suspect the double flanges may further optimize the bass & isolation, but everyone's ears are different so we'll see.

Thanks again!

Great to know you are enjoying them!

Aug 6, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #718 of 1,031
recently got these and they are noticeably clearer than my old cx300, but as i found out, and people have been saying, they need to get in there to feel that bass from that full seal.
why are we saying the wire is cheep, its just a rubbery feel. i dont see why they dont make the plug 90 degrees.

Aug 7, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #720 of 1,031
img_1261y6d.jpg

I just got them and well, I am a bit disappointed
frown.gif

They don't seem to be balanced, they are very focused on the heights. Especially with rock songs they sound plain
frown.gif

Any suggestions?

Edit: Well, I guess it was because I used the small tips..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back