CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 7, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #361 of 1,031
Ordering my X3s today, and if you read Wilsons blog you would know that he has UE double flange tips in from a while ago-- he'll throw in a pair with your X3s if you simply ask.

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #362 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashdot87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep! U.S. post delivers right to your door. All I had to do was sign for the package indicating I received it. No issues or problems were experienced. It took about 9 or 10 days.

I have been using the X3s instead of the UE Superfi 5s and have not really missed them much. I bought my Mylarone X3s to take on a trip because I did not want to take my UEs because of the possibility of loss or theft, or other possibilities...

I still haven't received mines. Two packages are out at the moment, first package, been waiting for a month already (sig is outdated), second package seventeen days (including today). Something sure is fishy...

Anyone with an address with the number 7 in it? I'm worried that David might've wrote 21 instead of 27, which would mean that the package might've been delivered somewhere else... Or, since my city is relatively new, might've been misrouted. I live in Texas (above Houston) by the way.

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #363 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't received mines. Two packages are out at the moment, first package, been waiting for a month already (sig is outdated), second package seventeen days (including today). Something sure is fishy...

Anyone with an address with the number 7 in it? I'm worried that David might've wrote 21 instead of 27, which would mean that the package might've been delivered somewhere else... Or, since my city is relatively new, might've been misrouted. I live in Texas (above Houston) by the way.

Did you e-mail David about it? He should have tracking numbers and such for SingPost.

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #364 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you e-mail David about it? He should have tracking numbers and such for SingPost.

I discussed with him with my first package. He seemed really helpful. He did tell me that the tracking numbers are useless once it goes out of Singapore. I haven't talked with him about my second package, because I didn't want to discuss about it yet. There's still time today, maybe today will be my lucky day.

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #365 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyFalcon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, dude email Uncle Wilson... he is really great about that kind of stuff... BTW... his handwriting is very good, so it might be a problem with the post... Have you been home to receive the package because you do need to sign for it... Maybe call the post office

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #366 of 1,031
Yeah I've been practically home pretty much every day. If I'm not, usually my sister stays home, or someone who stayed home would've told me if someone knocked.

I went to the PO one time before I requested a second package to be sent, and they told me that if I did receive a package, they would stick a notice on my door or put it in our mailbox or something to that matter.

To clarify on the city bit, my city is known as Spring since... hmm I don't know. I live in an area that was newly built two years ago. The general city is still Spring, but we also call it The Woodlands. I requested David to send the second package with the city as "Spring," along with the extended zip code, just to see if it helped. It shouldn't matter, because all map databases I've went to have been updated...

I'm willing to wait until August, because at the end of August I'll be in college. Hope one of the packages actually come before then.

Jul 7, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #367 of 1,031
i have a question. i have zero experience with iem. i've read about the driver being at the tip and you need to open you mouth and such to prevent damaging the driver. and ppl have mention that driver blowing is quite common in this thread. so are these things durable? from pics, they look kinda filmsy.

Jul 8, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #369 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a question. i have zero experience with iem. i've read about the driver being at the tip and you need to open you mouth and such to prevent damaging the driver. and ppl have mention that driver blowing is quite common in this thread. so are these things durable? from pics, they look kinda filmsy.

They aren't flimsy as far as IEMs are concerned when inspecting them physically. They are small but are quite solid.

Jul 8, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #371 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirTimid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My X3's took close to a month to arrive to Canada. Haven't had that much time with them, but they are a lot clearer than than the EP630's I also just got.

Very very true. Although I believe the X3's suffer MORE from microphonics than the EP630's, which is quite hard to do as the EP630's already have so much microphonics. I usually wrap them around my ear though.

Jul 8, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #372 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very very true. Although I believe the X3's suffer MORE from microphonics than the EP630's, which is quite hard to do as the EP630's already have so much microphonics. I usually wrap them around my ear though.

And yet I find the X3s almost sssshhhhh-quiet microphonics wise, especially compared to my old JBL 220s whose cord amplified the tiniest movement.

Odd aint it. Headphones sound different to different folks, seemingly microphonics sound different too...

Jul 8, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #373 of 1,031
i also with my CX300, sometimes it sounded like i was walking against the wind, no good, the mylars arent too bad when it comes to microphonics,

heres an idea for any enterepenour around there, make plastic or rubber rails you can pur over your ear to mantain the cable when the headphones arent designed for over the ear use,

one last detail, Unlce Wilson, we would hate to see you get covered in spam, please edit your post to remove the @ and replace it with [at], we would´nt want to see an address you use for business fall victim to the scum of the earth which are spammers,

Jul 8, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #374 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one last detail, Unlce Wilson, we would hate to see you get covered in spam, please edit your post to remove the @ and replace it with [at], we would´nt want to see an address you use for business fall victim to the scum of the earth which are spammers,

I came along this video one day...

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/86200.aspx

Looks like it's best NOT to do that if that video is in fact, true.

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #375 of 1,031
First Post...

I've joined the MylarOne X3 club. I'd say I've put 20hrs+ on these and find them very pleasing to my untrained ears. They're well worth the money.

Great service, too. Mine arrived within 10 days of order, to the UK, we've had a postal strike during that time.

I also ordered the UE universal tip kit from idealsound. I'm using the single (medium) flange -- they're giving me the best balance of comfort and isolation so far. I may experiment further.

Coming from the cx300 these are an excellent upgrade, I guess I would have to spend a whole lot more to improve on these.

Thank you, Uncle Wilson
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back