CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 9, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #376 of 1,031
I've had my X3's for around a month, and comparing them with my CX300's which i was using before, the X3's have clearer highs, but the bass is not as strong as the CX300's.

I haven't been using them for very long, but will the bass open up after accumulated use? My Cx300's were pretty weak at first, but after using them for half a year, i think they got burned in pretty good.

Jul 9, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #377 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by winmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had my X3's for around a month, and comparing them with my CX300's which i was using before, the X3's have clearer highs, but the bass is not as strong as the CX300's.

I haven't been using them for very long, but will the bass open up after accumulated use? My Cx300's were pretty weak at first, but after using them for half a year, i think they got burned in pretty good.

Well...the CX300's i always thought had a decent amount of bass. If you are looking for bass, look into the XB's. The thing about the X3's is that on higher volumes the bass really comes out and hits you on the head and is very enjoyable (at the cost of your hearing).

Jul 9, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #378 of 1,031
Got meself a pair of Mylar One - X3 . Since I am a noob audiophile, I can only say they sounds miles better than the JVC crap that I bought from Fry's.

Took 2 weeks to get to India -through customs ( I strongly recommend that Fedex/DHL should be made an option in case one is willing to pay for it).
I got a airline adapter and some tips.

I got the RB colors (check out all of them here - http://jaben.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/mylarx3-4a.jpg)
I think the Ipodish white ones look way too cool - but I prefer mine .. to prevent being a mugging magnet.

Let me see how it works out - I hope I dont have any driver problems.

Oh and I think I would definitely like to have a transparent version (like the ultimate ears superfi 3 in clear plastic )

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #379 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh and I think I would definitely like to have a transparent version (like the ultimate ears superfi 3 in clear plastic )

That would be pretty cool. To see, at least.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #380 of 1,031
ooh... the 10-day wait has just begun for me as well
wink.gif

thanks for letting us know about these, guys!

also, i emailed both David and Uncle Wilson to let them know which colour I wanted and ask about the UE double flange tips.
fingers crossed!

Jul 9, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #381 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by lull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh... the 10-day wait has just begun for me as well
wink.gif

thanks for letting us know about these, guys!

also, i emailed both David and Uncle Wilson to let them know which colour I wanted and ask about the UE double flange tips.
fingers crossed!

When I ordered mine Uncle Wilson told me to put the model number and double flange in the order. So I hit the "other" box on the order page and entered my order for "Crossroads Mylarone X3-BKS (indicitacting all black and silver ringed version) & Double Flanges"

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #383 of 1,031
Uncle Wilson is mighty helpful - they got the cool white ones just the day they shipped my order. He tried to stop the order and ship me white ones - without me requesting for it!!! (well I was kinda wistful about it though
wink.gif
)

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #386 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by yobs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lost my pair of Mylar 3s on the weekend
frown.gif

oh noooo.. precious treasures.

Jul 10, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #387 of 1,031
Ouch! That's not good!

I'm really enjoying mine, they are definately well paired with the D2 to my ears. Voices sounding un-natural/sibilant through my PX100s appear to be smoother sounding through these although I haven't done a side by side comparison. At this rate I'll be leaving the PX100's to work and games/movies...

Jul 10, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #388 of 1,031
Add me to the club, I now have about a 10 day wait. Anyone know if they fit into the iPhone's recessed jack?

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #389 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by snozle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add me to the club, I now have about a 10 day wait. Anyone know if they fit into the iPhone's recessed jack?

No personal experience, but I believe another user here reported they do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back