CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 5, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #347 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just e-mail Wilson. They are really good at exchanges.

Seems like this is a fairly common occurance (yes I know a lot are sold that may not have broken but the percentage of people who have them on here who have this happen seems remarkably high). Makes me nervous about pulling the trigger. I am not exactly gentle with my portable canal phones (shoving in and pulling out of pocket, etc., but a portable phone should be able to withstand that).

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #348 of 1,031
im actually expiriancing another problem with them,

a soundstage issue, on some recordings, it feels like the singers vocals are seperated and suddenly you have an effect like the same person was singing from 2 different points, or 2 people in different sides singing with the same voice, its weird,

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #350 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That actually sounds like you have left and right wires touching and creating a crossfeed effect..

or the X3s are clearly reproducing double-tracked vocals!
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #351 of 1,031
I am thinking about getting a pair of these. Can anyone tell me how they compare to other IEMs. I have 2 sets of Shures (e2C &e4C) which I do not like, mostly due to how they feel in my head- but I am also not real impressed by the sound. I have CX300 too which feel better but sound bad. I was kinda hoping these would be similar in comfort to the CX300s but with better SQ.

Also... if you order these, which kind do you get- it seems like they have a few models of the X3.

Thanks

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #352 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking about getting a pair of these. Can anyone tell me how they compare to other IEMs. I have 2 sets of Shures (e2C &e4C) which I do not like, mostly due to how they feel in my head- but I am also not real impressed by the sound. I have CX300 too which feel better but sound bad. I was kinda hoping these would be similar in comfort to the CX300s but with better SQ.

Also... if you order these, which kind do you get- it seems like they have a few models of the X3.

Thanks

I guess it depends what sound signature you're looking for. X3s are warm, warmer than my ATH CK7s, and similar in warmth to my E2c (tho I prefer the Crossroads overall presentation) & bass is much improved. A major strength for me of the X3 is how they allow details to shine through & their apparent soundstage & separation. Superb for their pricepoint. I'd highly recommend X3s if you like a warmer sound. CK7s/Etys if you prefer a brighter/detailed sig...

Also the Atrio M5s are getting good reviews here.

However, if you didn't like feel of your Shures, maybe IEMs/canals are not going to be easy for you to adjust to? I take it you tried different tip combos, as tips greatly influence percieved sound signatures in IEMs and comfort, IME.

As for ordering, you specify your colour variant AFAIK.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #354 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bought mine , the 10 day wait in on ....

It is worth the wait. They have excellent sound quality and I am still breaking them in...

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #357 of 1,031
QC is extreamly good, the first shipment had some driver and cabling issues, but their practicly gone, and the "unofficial" warranty on these is alot better then the official warranty most manufacturers offer,

all the people here who stated that they had some problem with them also stated that uncle wilson and david had no problem having them replaced,
these are very good people who stand behind their product,

the only issue i would consider is changing the tips and recabling them with thicker cables, but thats more of a taste thing then an actuall defect,

Jul 7, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #359 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or the X3s are clearly reproducing double-tracked vocals!
biggrin.gif

I'd agree with you there! I can be a little wierd if you've never noticed it before but you soon realise thats how its supposed to sound
smily_headphones1.gif

I received mine yesterday and after leaving them to burn in for a few hours I'm really enjoying them now. I was initially going to use these on the move with my Cowon D2 and use my PX100's at home with my iAudio X5 but I think these'll be used a lot more than my senns now!

Oh and my left driver usually flexes when inserting them so I'm hoping that they'll last!!

Jul 7, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #360 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey...I was wondering how the mail from SingPost is delivered in the US. Is it through USPS went it arrives in America?

Yep! U.S. post delivers right to your door. All I had to do was sign for the package indicating I received it. No issues or problems were experienced. It took about 9 or 10 days.

I have been using the X3s instead of the UE Superfi 5s and have not really missed them much. I bought my Mylarone X3s to take on a trip because I did not want to take my UEs because of the possibility of loss or theft, or other possibilities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back