CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #391 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
belkin has a accesory to fit headphones in to the iphone socket, if not, a box cutter and some DIY..

I have the Belkin adapter, which is useful, but annoying to carry yet another thing around.

I've already taken a box-cutter to my PX 100s and my K26Ps and both of them work great. Just curious if these would work without surgery
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #392 of 1,031
Just got my pair. Despite my request for full black I got the cheesy one with red and blue cable strain relieves.
The whole package and headphones look quite cheap, sloppy stitching on the case, awful tips (immediate throwaway, replaced with UE medium), joints between cable relieves and drivers have some traces of glue. Comparing to JBL200 they stick out of the ears way too much.
Can't comment on the sound much as they probably need some burn in, except that it's somewhat echoey, as if sound is coming from the tube.
From memory not that much of a difference from JBL. I'll do some A/B when I get home.

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #393 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my pair. Despite my request for full black I got the cheesy one with red and blue cable strain relieves.
The whole package and headphones look quite cheap, sloppy stitching on the case, awful tips (immediate throwaway, replaced with UE medium), joints between cable relieves and drivers have some traces of glue. Comparing to JBL200 they stick out of the ears way too much.
Can't comment on the sound much as they probably need some burn in, except that it's somewhat echoey, as if sound is coming from the tube.
From memory not that much of a difference from JBL. I'll do some A/B when I get home.

Haha, you really have a lot of negative things to say about it don't you! I must agree though, that the build quality is quite sub-par. However, the sound quality is WAY better than the JBL's I have in my drawers.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #394 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, you really have a lot of negative things to say about it don't you! I must agree though, that the build quality is quite sub-par. However, the sound quality is WAY better than the JBL's I have in my drawers.

I must admit that after some minor burn in they sound very, very good.
etysmile.gif

They have deeper bass, better details, and extend higher, comparing to JBL220. They also sound airier and less congested, because of a better instruments separation.
I guess the design I got will work better as well, as R/L letters are extremely tiny so colored marking helps a lot.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #395 of 1,031
Quote:

etysmile.gif

They have deeper bass, better details, and extend higher, comparing to JBL220. They also sound airier and less congested, because of a better instruments separation.
I guess the design I got will work better as well, as R/L letters are extremely tiny so colored marking helps a lot.

You know, I never saw the little L and R on them. I just used Red=right... Mine sound better as they burn in as well... I am quite happy and it was only 57 dollars...

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #396 of 1,031
Quote:

etysmile.gif

ahh. We knew you'd come 'round
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #397 of 1,031
can anyone compare the mylar x3's to a pair of sony mdr-e888lp's?
I've been doing a lot of research lately because I'm lookin to get a new pair of headphones. the e888's are $59 at audiocubes.com and the mylar's are $57 I believe. I've never tried the mylars and I know I can't try them so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried the e888's in korea because my cousins owns a pair and I loved the clarity and the detail I was hearing in the music. Just want some advice.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #398 of 1,031
Got the CrossRoads Mylarone X3 today and they definitely impress for the price. Love the full sound, its a great all arounder. The bass is strong especially for an IEM but it doesn't seem out of control. Got the red and blue ety lookalike ones btw.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #399 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitormiiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone compare the mylar x3's to a pair of sony mdr-e888lp's?
I've been doing a lot of research lately because I'm lookin to get a new pair of headphones. the e888's are $59 at audiocubes.com and the mylar's are $57 I believe. I've never tried the mylars and I know I can't try them so I thought I'd ask here. I've tried the e888's in korea because my cousins owns a pair and I loved the clarity and the detail I was hearing in the music. Just want some advice.

I'd go the safe route and go with the X3's
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #400 of 1,031
Wow, so many comments about how cheap/cheesy the redblue ones look.

I must have a low expectation threshold cos I think they look fine, & certainly dandy for $57*! Mine do not have any glue marks etc...maybe their very popularity is causing some rushing in production?

*And the choice available in the new colour variants is pretty damn impressive too.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #402 of 1,031
FINALLY my pair arrived...Im part of the TEAM!!!! I got a blue and red band one

Initial impressions....im impressed with the seal and the clarity...although coming from an sr60, i found the unburned sound kind of "tinny" in comparison.

Im doing some burning in, will check in again after a few hours....

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #405 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by reorx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FINALLY my pair arrived...Im part of the TEAM!!!! I got a blue and red band one

Initial impressions....im impressed with the seal and the clarity...although coming from an sr60, i found the unburned sound kind of "tinny" in comparison.

Im doing some burning in, will check in again after a few hours....

The tinny sound goes away pretty quickly. I haven't really burned mine in, just listening, that all. The tinny sound for me was gone within a couple of songs.
etysmile.gif

On the other hand, no amount of burning in could get rid of the tinny sound on my marshmallows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back