CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jun 29, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #287 of 1,031
From what I've heard, the extra bass slightly takes away from the quality of the highs and mids. But being a semi-basshead, I'm willing to make that sacrifice
icon10.gif

BTW - my concerns have been relieved after receiving an e-mail from David confirming shipment. I ordered on Monday and they shipped yesterday. Sorry for having any doubt in Jaben...

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #288 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderWare1213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've heard, the extra bass slightly takes away from the quality of the highs and mids. But being a semi-basshead, I'm willing to make that sacrifice
icon10.gif

Thanks! I'm really close to pulling the trigger on these after reading a couple reviews. Is the build quality that much of an issue? They look sorta flimsy, and the aesthetics aren't that great either. I wouldn't mind that they don't look that nice if they're durable and are excellent SQwise. And how far from your head do these stick out? Are there pictures where I can see them in someone's ears?

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #289 of 1,031
Hi all,

Just about to order some of these but saw the bundle with the DTX 50's and the X3's for $99.

Is this worth it or should I just buy a better headphone than both for the same money?

A speedy reply would be very handy
icon10.gif

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just order them on their own, I'll be part of the club soon!

Jun 30, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #291 of 1,031
Hi & welcome Uncle Wilson!

I'm really (as in really!) enjoying music with the X3s. Thanks for a great product. I bought mine from another Head Fier, but I'm thinking to get one of the new colour variants too...

Have a great weekend also....

Jun 30, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #293 of 1,031
Hey! Uncle Willie's here. Welcome. And David, also!

The Mylars are supa!
etysmile.gif

Perhaps with a few tiny mods (vent to prevent damage internally, cord-to-earpiece repositioning to prevent (unintentional) undue pressure upon insertion, and stronger wires, the Mylars will not only have stellar sound, but should meet milspecs, and be impervious to Head-Fi IEDs.

Greetings to old S'pore!

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #294 of 1,031
Wow! That's our honorary chairman! lol. I'm the Thai guy who emailed you around the X3s' launch time and you hooked me up with Khun Sakchai. Been happy with my X3s ever since.

Keep on getting us good stuffs, take care.
etysmile.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #295 of 1,031
I haven't had much time with mine yet, and they are not fulled burned in yet but so far my are impressions are...

I am not totally impressed with the sound, no IEMs have yet. But I am also not disappointed. I think they will be perfect for travel.

I'll let my ears get familiar with the sound and let them burn in and report back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #296 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had much time with mine yet, and they are not fulled burned in yet but so far my are impressions are...

I am not totally impressed with the sound, no IEMs have yet. But I am also not disappointed. I think they will be perfect for travel.

I'll let my ears get familiar with the sound and let them burn in and report back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Make sure the tips you use are a good fit. It makes a significant difference. When I first tried them they had small tips on. The sound was like bleh.. not that good. Then I put mediums on and it was a completely different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back