CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jun 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #256 of 1,031
I dunno, well then v-moda ship with sony tips too. I have both of these earphones and the tips that came with them are the same. Someone else has already mentioned they probably get their tips from he same factory (sony doesn't make the tips, they just use them too).

Jun 27, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #257 of 1,031
I'd say it's more likely Jaben is sourcing the same tips V-MODA does, since the Sony tips I used had a slightly different (but, nonetheless, different) shape to them. I'm actually surprised by the variations I've seen across brands. Up until the X3, the Sennheiser/Creative tips had always worked great for me, while the tips included with comparable Panasonic, Audio Technica, and (early) CrossRoads earphones did not.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #258 of 1,031
I tried the UE tip sampler kit and like the small ones and the biflange. I also really like the small sony tips that came with the X3 - it comes with small, med, and large sony tips. My ear canals are small, btw. Ultimately, i liked the small Shure E2 foamy tips the best. They are more comfy and isolate more for my ears. Tips are very subjective since ears shapes are totally different, so keep that in mind. BTW you can buy the Shure E2 (orange) foamies mix and match (small, med or large) on e-bay. They took a little work geting them on the X3 but they are nice and snug.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #259 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my verdict, if you need a pair of headphones, and you cant afford a pair of ER6i, skip the E2c, CX300 or SE310, this is the pair to get,

Aevum, or anyone else on this thread. This is the question I'm dealing with. I've lost my beloved ER6is and was thinking of pulling the trigger on another pair. I live in Singapore though so it would be very easy to swing by Jaben to pick up a pair of X3s. Can anyone clear up the following?

- Sound quality and "fun-ness" of the X3 vs. the ER6i
- Isolation comparison between the two (I'll be using these primarily on public transport or international flights).
- Do any of the Shure tips fit the X3, or just the e2c?

Thanks in advance!

Ohh Woot! 100!

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #260 of 1,031
JVC Marshmallow tips fit real nice and snug... No more left side crinkle noise either.

(you gotta put them on the marshmallows first to stretch them out but once they are stretched out, just pull them off and stick them on the x3's.)

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #262 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotdotdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can you buy them without PayPal =D? I can't get Paypal =( wahh!
I live in California btw.

Have a friend buy them for you with paypal then!

Or do a money order, I'm sure they will accept that.

Jun 28, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #264 of 1,031
Best way to know is to ask them here.

It's good news MylarOne will be available from other source too. Way to go Uncle Wilson!

#1 post edited to add info. I counted 64 members so far
etysmile.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #265 of 1,031
how do these compare with the Yuin Pk2/3s? Thinking of upgrading to the yuins...

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #266 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? They fit just fine on my X3. Not loose at all.

That's weird. Mine were too loose and therefore the bass response was greatly reduced.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #267 of 1,031
Hmm...I just ordered a pair of XB's on Monday but I have yet to receive a single e-mail from them confirming payment received or shipment. I e-mailed David early yesterday but I have not gotten a response yet. Is this normal when ordering from Jaben? I'm not accusing them of anything yet, since I have read all about their outstanding service, just a bit concerned. Anyone care to share their experiences to ease my mind? Thanks guys.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #268 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderWare1213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm...I just ordered a pair of XB's on Monday but I have yet to receive a single e-mail from them confirming payment received or shipment. I e-mailed David early yesterday but I have not gotten a response yet. Is this normal when ordering from Jaben? I'm not accusing them of anything yet, since I have read all about their outstanding service, just a bit concerned. Anyone care to share their experiences to ease my mind? Thanks guys.

Same here. I'm waiting a response too. I send a email to David and other to Wilson, and i don't have any answer, I'm a bit concerned too.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #269 of 1,031
Patience, guys, patience....from what I've heard of Jaben's excellent customer service, you have no worries.

And when you get to hear the X3, the wait of a few days will be a mere piffle
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #270 of 1,031
Yeah guys, i was a little concerned too, but they mailed my X3s the next day after i ordered and it took only 7 days to get to Florida. You should have gotten an e-mail from paypal though. Just wait from 1 to 2 weeks for them. If they don't come in 2 weeks after the day you ordered (if you are in the US), then you should be concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back