CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 1, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #301 of 1,031
Hi all
I would like to buy some crossroad mylar, still dont know if i am going for x3 or xB, but i was willing to know which tip gives the best isolation?
thanks

Jul 1, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #302 of 1,031
the sony tips that come by default are quite decent, i find then a bit irritating towards my hears, most people here recommend the UE foamies or bifalnges, i ordered the UE tip sampler kit to see which of the 2 i prefer, if i like the foames, then i will order a pack of foams, if i like the bifalnges, well, i guess those are a bit durable...

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #303 of 1,031
The flanges in the UE kit are good (for me anyway). I also thought the little sony tips were good too, at least the small ones. I didn't care for the one foamy in the UE kit - way too hard. I had some Shure E2 foamies and use those (small) which I find most comfortable.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #304 of 1,031
I think the UE tips are a big improvement and needed with the X3.

The biflanges work much better for me than the stock tips.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #305 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the UE tips are a big improvement and needed with the X3.

The biflanges work much better for me than the stock tips.

do you have estimate on the price of the biflanges?

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #309 of 1,031
Happy new owner of the MylarOne X3 checking in. I'm not an audiophile so I won't try reviewing the sound quality, but they seemed better than the Beyerdynamics DTX50 I tried in the store. The new colours appear to have come in - I was going to choose the white ones with the blue bands, but decided at the last moment to go for the black ones with silver bands:

mylarx3blacksilverbandsqz9.png

Uncle Wilson was very nice and extremely helpful. I never knew we had such a treasure back home. (He even threw in some nice freebies - I won't be needing additional tips
wink.gif
) Here's hoping you widen your distribution in the US, Europe & elsewhere, Uncle Wilson!

(But first, can you switch the X3's plug to a right-angled one?)

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #310 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by creamyhorror /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(But first, can you switch the X3's plug to a right-angled one?)

[size=xx-large]omg YES. yes YES![/size]
[size=small]I'd get another pair just for that[/size]

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #311 of 1,031
Checking in... My Crossroads Mylarone X3 arrived today... Thanks Uncle Wilson!! So far they sound pretty good. I remember reading about burn in time but I couldn't find the exact thread that was in...

Anyone care to enlighten me?

BTW... nice packaging with the red zipper case. Durable and nice looking...

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #312 of 1,031
Yippee, my UE fit kit arrived.
Goody, a whole evening of tip-swapping, and brow furling!
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #314 of 1,031
I can't decide myself between X3 or XB... I'll use them with my Sony Ericsson K800, listening classic rock and metallica most of time... could you help me?? which one is better for me??

Jul 2, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #315 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by iG012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't decide myself between X3 or XB... I'll use them with my Sony Ericsson K800, listening classic rock and metallica most of time... could you help me?? which one is better for me??

X3's i found were much better for rock than XB's. The XB's just sound muddy to me because of the blooming bass. If you are a basshead...go for the XB's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back