CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Oct 23, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #977 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think of them so far??

So far, after listening about 15 minutes, I think they are better than my old Sennheiser CX300, but not by much (this was right out of the box).

But burning them in only makes things better, so expect a more detailed impression later!

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #978 of 1,031
ok will do
smily_headphones1.gif

I know the PK2 are earbuds but is the sound roughly the same.

PS: reply after burn in

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #979 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but I had a question about the XBs you received from the iriver store: Are they the updated version with red and blue metallic strips and black rubber strain reliefs, or the older model with silver stripes and red and blue strain reliefs? When I ordered from them a couple of months ago, they only had the old version -- I'm hoping (for purely cosmetic reasons) that they've since refreshed their stock and now carry the newer casings...

I have the older style. silver stripes and colored strain reliefs. They were shipped 10/12. Is there a difference between the two versions in regards to the "crinkle" phenom...?

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #980 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by liaury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the older style. silver stripes and colored strain reliefs. They were shipped 10/12. Is there a difference between the two versions in regards to the "crinkle" phenom...?

Not that I'm aware of, no. Purely stylistic differences. Thanks for reporting!

Oct 24, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #981 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok will do
smily_headphones1.gif

I know the PK2 are earbuds but is the sound roughly the same.

PS: reply after burn in

After 12 hours of burning in they sound much better.

Wonderful bright sound, and clear bass.

I am one of those guys that care more about the bas quality than it's quantity. There could be a little bit more bass, but I like it more than my CX300 which had a too heavy bass in my opinion.

And I can not compare them yet to the YUIN PK2, as I have not yet received them - should be here by the end of this week -

But I ordered the PK2 for my dad who doesn't like in-ears, but likes great sound. Of course I will give them a try myself aswell!

Anyway, I am very satisfied with my X3's and happy to join the club!

Oct 24, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #982 of 1,031
Got a pair of XBs as a kicker pair since my E4s are about to bite the dust. For the money, it's a good pair of canalphones. A bit less isolation than the E4s. The sound is definitely brighter than the E4s, but then again, E4s are rolled off in the top end. I detect some sibilance too, but hopefully, it's gonna settle down after complete burn-in. Bass on the XBs are about the same as the E4s right now. Mids are a lot drier than the E4s, but it's the difference in sound sigs between the two IEMs. For the price, it's an extremely good value. Definitely recommended.

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #983 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by capeli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

I purchased the X3s about a month ago. They were fine in terms of sound quality, volume, isolation etc. for the 1st couple of weeks.

They suddenly about a week ago, they started acting up. I was walking along when I received an unpleasant electrical shock to my ears. It felt a lot like a static shock and I dismissed it, thinking it was an isolated incident.

Couple of days later, I was walking at night and the same thing happened.

Has anyone experienced anything remotely similar to this?

I have the same problem with my brand new X3s, they were fine for the first 15 minutes, and then i was shocked. I too thought it was an isolated incident, but the next day, it shocked me pretty good 3 times in a row.

I've been up and down google looking for some info on this, and whether it has happened to anyone else, but there really isn't anything out there about this, other than on this one page.

Does anyone know of information on this that i may have missed, and more importantly, should i be worried about this?

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #984 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1i2d3w4e5s6t7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem with my brand new X3s, they were fine for the first 15 minutes, and then i was shocked. I too thought it was an isolated incident, but the next day, it shocked me pretty good 3 times in a row.

I've been up and down google looking for some info on this, and whether it has happened to anyone else, but there really isn't anything out there about this, other than on this one page.

Does anyone know of information on this that i may have missed, and more importantly, should i be worried about this?

Look here: http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=788.0

Guess your only option is to contact wilson.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #986 of 1,031
I got my XBs a week ago. Been burning in nicely every night and I have been impressed by the sound....

But..

Thank God someone else mentioned the shocking thing! I thought I was going crazy towards the end of last week here at work! I'd be just a working away and all of a sudden...DAMN! I'd pull that baby out of my ear so fast (faster than I'd like because it hurts your ears) thinking I'd just gotten zipped.

Contacting Jaben about a solution now. It's disappointing because they sound quite nice.

Rob

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #987 of 1,031
Haha, like an hour after i had writen here that i was still waiting, they arrived (X3 + CK5)...
Im REALLY impressed. Its my first IEM, and my other headphone is a sennheiser HD202 (yeah, not really good). And the CK5 isnt bad, will be my girlfriend new phones.
Happy to join the club! =D

edit:
And Jaben sent me free double flange UE tips! So much better with them than the original ones...

Nov 6, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #988 of 1,031
Hmm I get that shocking thing as well, but I assumed all IEMs did that (These XBs are my first ones). I find that by holding the source (Previously my mp3, now my phone) it won't shock me, but of course this isn't exactly ideal to have a hand tied up all the time.

Is there anything else I can try?? Would double flange tips help, since there's more distance between the driver and my ear?? Any other ideas??

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #989 of 1,031
Hi everybody,

I got my X3 today. And I have to say - I’m disappointed.
I guess it would have been a better idea to ask some questions _before_ buying. My fault.

My problem is: they sound cold. Too cold for me. I didn’t know they are that different compared to my current phones. Music is very subjective, and I think I like more "bassy", "warmer" phones more.

For comparision, I have a pair of Senns PX 100 and Creative EP-630 here. I like them much more than my X3, although they were a lot cheaper.

I have to ask David if he’d take them back. I’ve heard something about "burn-in", but I don’t think they change that radically, do they? Might the XB worth a try for me, maybe?

Don’t get me wrong, they might be very nice headphones for people who like such - but for me they sound "cheap", because of their cold sound.

(BTW, I tried the bi-flanges which should work best with these phones and also my old EP-630 tips. They make it better, but still don’t like it.)

Edit: After reading some more posts, I think I will burn them in over the night and try again tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll like them more then.

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #990 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by aureus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everybody,

I got my X3 today. And I have to say - I’m disappointed.
I guess it would have been a better idea to ask some questions _before_ buying. My fault.

My problem is: they sound cold. Too cold for me. I didn’t know they are that different compared to my current phones. Music is very subjective, and I think I like more "bassy", "warmer" phones more.

For comparision, I have a pair of Senns PX 100 and Creative EP-630 here. I like them much more than my X3, although they were a lot cheaper.

I have to ask David if he’d take them back. I’ve heard something about "burn-in", but I don’t think they change that radically, do they? Might the XB worth a try for me, maybe?

Don’t get me wrong, they might be very nice headphones for people who like such - but for me they sound cheap, because of their cold sound.

(BTW, I tried the bi-flanges which should work best with these phones and also my old EP-630 tips. They make it better, but still don’t like it.)

Edit: After reading some more posts, I think I will burn them in over the night and try again tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll like them more then.

First off, welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet.

I guess I can see the X3's being cold if your experience is the PX-100. I don't necessarily think of the X3's as cold...but I'm kind of a detail guy. You could try to email David/Uncle Wilson back and see if you could get a refund (minus the shipping, of course).

I don't think that burn in will help with getting warmer bass. As a matter of fact, I found that after a while the bass tightened up even more, which made it's quantity less. Try to burn them in a little and see if that helps. You may also need some time to get used to their signature sound. Oh, what's your source? That may affect the bass as well. My A818 actually added quite a surprising amount of bass to my X3's.

You could also try the XB, but I don't have any experience with that 'phone. I would see if you could swap them before asking for cash back...but I can't promise that the XB will fix the problem. Unfortunately, this is kind of a guessing game (since I'm not you).

Good luck in the search.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back