CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #961 of 1,031
After ordering the X3's from jaben.net they regretfully informed me they were out. No matter, they asked if i would like the XB's for the same price, of course i didnt turn them down. But truly they have wonderful / fast / responsive customer service.

Enough about jaben and onto the XBs. Wonderful bright sound, and clear bass (after burning them in)

Heres a pic:

1528785988_154f66ebee.jpg

Another satisfied customer!

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #962 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone Def /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a side note, Max, how's the synergy between the mseed and the HD580's?

They sound really good, but then again I've never had a heaphone amp before this one
tongue.gif

I will say (to be on topic) that the Zune plus the X3s (and some shure foamies) is one hell of a combo. I love the way the sound together.

Oct 11, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #963 of 1,031
I've ordered a X3 + CK5 bundle last night. I hope at least one of them will be an improvement over my current CX300 (too much bass, muddy, rock sounds awful on them).

The details field didn't appear in the paypal order for some reason, so I sent a mail to david [AT] jaben.net with the colors I want. Should I expect a reply with confirmation? Kind of silent for the moment.

edit: confirmation received, can't wait to get them.

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #964 of 1,031
I have the fortune of visiting Jaben at the store itself and compare XBs with X3s. I was intending on getting the X3s but somehow, vocals sounded better to me on the XBs. To me the XBs gave a fuller sound with respect to vocals. Well and yes, the bass is definitely more noticeable on the XBs. I was going to get the X3s but after listening to the XBs for awhile, I missed the bass a lot on the X3s.

I used the EQ on the M6 SL to pump up the bass on the X3 but somehow, I find that the XB has a better low freq. response (hence the term bassier). But that's just my sound preference. Best way to find out is to listen to both over a few hours and pick whichever sounds better... Well if you can...

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #966 of 1,031
There is a mod somewhere but i cant find it.

I read too many forums and i cant remember which one it was on!!

Or just tie some of the cord to another bit.

Thats what I do with J cables. My sennheiser CX300 are made to go round an elephants head

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #968 of 1,031
I'm thinking of getting these, but with my Sony EX-51LP on my shuffle, I hear a significant hiss. Can anyone here tell me if there is any hiss on a 1g shuffle with the Mylar X3s?

Also, does anyone know if this would be a significant jump? My modded KSC75s take my EX51s out, and I need to get an IEM upgrade for on the go listening (I consider my KSC75s my home cans
biggrin.gif
).

Oct 21, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #969 of 1,031
hey guys...can someone tell me which is better, X3 or XB? I want to order a pair but dont know which ones...

Will be primarily used for iPod, and i like bass, but i also listen to a wide range of music, which would be best for all-round?

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #971 of 1,031
I think my XB sound awesome. I'm coming from a Shure E2c and Altec im716.

I also think they suck because the right driver cuts out. I'm on a replacement pair from the iriver store and I got the feeling these won't last too long either. The first pair was sent back for a replacement after it stopped working after only about 3 hours of real use. It had the crinkle and probably sustained too much damage from the insertion and pull off. My current pair has even more of a noticeable crinkle.

I will return these too in a few days. Should I ask for a return or a refund? Is there any point getting a third pair from the same source?

Sorry if the answer in already in this thread. I've read most of the thread but I'm sure I skipped large sections of it.

BTW, CS at the iriver store has been perfect.

Oct 23, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #973 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by liaury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my XB sound awesome. I'm coming from a Shure E2c and Altec im716.

I also think they suck because the right driver cuts out. I'm on a replacement pair from the iriver store and I got the feeling these won't last too long either. The first pair was sent back for a replacement after it stopped working after only about 3 hours of real use. It had the crinkle and probably sustained too much damage from the insertion and pull off. My current pair has even more of a noticeable crinkle.

I will return these too in a few days. Should I ask for a return or a refund? Is there any point getting a third pair from the same source?

Sorry if the answer in already in this thread. I've read most of the thread but I'm sure I skipped large sections of it.

BTW, CS at the iriver store has been perfect.

liaury, I can't say whether you should continue on with a 3rd pair from the same source (although I would probably personally stop after 3)...but I had a question about the XBs you received from the iriver store: Are they the updated version with red and blue metallic strips and black rubber strain reliefs, or the older model with silver stripes and red and blue strain reliefs? When I ordered from them a couple of months ago, they only had the old version -- I'm hoping (for purely cosmetic reasons) that they've since refreshed their stock and now carry the newer casings...

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #974 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
liaury, I can't say whether you should continue on with a 3rd pair from the same source (although I would probably personally stop after 3)...but I had a question about the XBs you received from the iriver store: Are they the updated version with red and blue metallic strips and black rubber strain reliefs, or the older model with silver stripes and red and blue strain reliefs? When I ordered from them a couple of months ago, they only had the old version -- I'm hoping (for purely cosmetic reasons) that they've since refreshed their stock and now carry the newer casings...

I can give you an answer later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back