CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Nov 6, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #991 of 1,031
Hi,

Thanks for your reply first.

Well, it’s getting better and better after only some hours. Normally, I’m not a basshead at all. But at first, it sounded as if there was NO bass at all. I was disappointed, but now I really like them.

Anyway I’m going to burn them in the next days and see if it gets even better. It seems like I was too overhasty.

Thank you anyway. I won’t need a refund.
smily_headphones1.gif

Added: I noticed that the fit is extremely important! The bi-flanges are in fact _much_ better than the ones you get with the headphones in my opinion, because they fit perfectly in my ears.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #992 of 1,031
FIT IS CRUCIAL FOR BASS!

sorry for yelling, but you got to get a good seal - pretend like you are putting in earplugs and you are about to operate a chainsaw. You don't want any leakage.

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #993 of 1,031
Yea it’s great now. I don’t believe how my opinion changed in 4 hours. I love the Mylarone X3 now.
biggrin.gif
Great headphones.

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #995 of 1,031
Hey ppl, two questions:

1- The UE Bi-flange dont fit well in my ears, i cant get any comfortable position. What else could i try since im using the original X3 tips, and the sound with them arent as good as with the biflange. E2 Foam maybe??? Or some UE single flange?

2- That "adapter" that comes with the X3, where the phone plug becomes a double plug, can be used for what? Ive never saw anything like that before...just curious...

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #997 of 1,031
I use the Shure E2 foamies - small. These get the best fit and seal for me.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #998 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by aureus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Thanks for your reply first.

Well, it’s getting better and better after only some hours. Normally, I’m not a basshead at all. But at first, it sounded as if there was NO bass at all. I was disappointed, but now I really like them.

Anyway I’m going to burn them in the next days and see if it gets even better. It seems like I was too overhasty.

Thank you anyway. I won’t need a refund.
smily_headphones1.gif

Added: I noticed that the fit is extremely important! The bi-flanges are in fact _much_ better than the ones you get with the headphones in my opinion, because they fit perfectly in my ears.

Awesome. I'm glad. Perhaps it was a combination of fit, sound signature adaption, and burn-in. I'm always kind of wary of burn-in with Canalphones/IEM's...but my X3's did change a little after the first 10-15 hours or so (I don't really consider that a "burn-in").

Enjoy!

Nylan

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #999 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul Floyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey ppl, two questions:

1- The UE Bi-flange dont fit well in my ears, i cant get any comfortable position. What else could i try since im using the original X3 tips, and the sound with them arent as good as with the biflange. E2 Foam maybe??? Or some UE single flange?

2- That "adapter" that comes with the X3, where the phone plug becomes a double plug, can be used for what? Ive never saw anything like that before...just curious...

Thanks!

1. I would try some E2 foamies. You have to stretch out the plastic tube with a pen/pencil in order to get them to fit (be very careful...I'm always so worried I'm going to break the sound-tube).

2. The adapter is used for the headphone jacks in airplanes. I don't know why they use that particular jack.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #1,000 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. I would try some E2 foamies. You have to stretch out the plastic tube with a pen/pencil in order to get them to fit (be very careful...I'm always so worried I'm going to break the sound-tube).

2. The adapter is used for the headphone jacks in airplanes. I don't know why they use that particular jack.

Thanks! Ill try E2 foamies. And my curiosity is gone
etysmile.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #1,001 of 1,031
My X3s have gotten unbearably shrill!

When I finally received my X3s I was estatic. The only IEM's i've owned before were Ety ER6i, which have excellent detail but I always found them too cold, I wanted a bit more bass. I was very pleased with my initial comparison, the X3 gave me the kind of clarity and freq. responce that I was looking for, and fit comfortably.

However, as they burned in, they became very shrill. High pitches like snare hits and cymbals are piercing and undefined. Even bass drum hits sound more like pops than thuds. It's not so bad that I'd consider it an OBVIOUS hardware failure, and I've heard that the X3s are bright, but surely they're not supposed to be THIS bright, right? I can stand it on some mellow songs, but bright stuff like metal is completely ruined.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #1,002 of 1,031
You sure you're getting a good seal? This happened to me but then I changed to the UE small tips, got a better seal and it was much better and the bass was suddenly switched on.

Just my two cents

Nov 8, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #1,004 of 1,031
Are you using them via line-out or straight out of the headphone out? If you're using the headphone out, are your files replaygained?

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #1,005 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by b35ty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I get that shocking thing as well, but I assumed all IEMs did that (These XBs are my first ones). I find that by holding the source (Previously my mp3, now my phone) it won't shock me, but of course this isn't exactly ideal to have a hand tied up all the time.

Is there anything else I can try?? Would double flange tips help, since there's more distance between the driver and my ear?? Any other ideas??

I realised that the shocking was coming from the source - i only got the shocks when I was working out at the gym using the gym's audio player at the treadmill, whereas I've never had the problem with my zen vision W. Right now I just use another set for my gym - it might be the amount of sweating I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back