CrossRoads MylarOne X3 [Pictorial + Short Review]
May 28, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kramer5150, I have just received X3 and feel its lacks upper highs and there is treble role off. Mids are better than my CX300. Bass is better. But trebles are lacking. Will this change after burn-in? Then how long will it take?
Have you listened to Futuresonic M5?

IMHO the treble is very gently rolled off above maybe ~10k. But its gradual enough for me not to consider it a flaw, and more like a sonic character. The treble is there IMHO, its just so smooth and pleasant. Its not the kind of treble thats going to jump out at you. Its a lot like how Grados present upper treble. IMHO the x3 leans more to the warm side overall, compared to cans like the PK1, Jays or ety IEMs.

I haven't heard the futuresonic M5... yet

May 28, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #32 of 58
Yes That is my opinion even after 35 hours of burning. Having upper trebles doesn't have to be harsh and on the face type thing. DT990 does very good upper extention, without being harsh and ear piercing. So does HD650! CX300 has some unrefined highs. KSC75/35 has beautiful trebles for its price point.
X3's frequency response is said to be 20Hz-22000KHz. I expected a better upper extension from it according to specs. But this is not to say X3 lacking in trebles. It has smooth controlled highs but lack upper highs a tad more than desirable for my taste.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #33 of 58
The X3's have a impedance of 12 ohms btw.

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #34 of 58
Kaushama,

How would you compare X3 to your M5 and KSC75 ? (I really appreciate soundstage and clarity of the KSC75 at least compared to my Sparkplug !!!!).
I need a new IEM and I hesitate between X3 and M5. Which one would you recommend ?

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by e_resolu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kaushama,

How would you compare X3 to your M5 and KSC75 ? (I really appreciate soundstage and clarity of the KSC75 at least compared to my Sparkplug !!!!).
I need a new IEM and I hesitate between X3 and M5. Which one would you recommend ?

This will answer part of your question: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243575

It's a hard one to search for because 'X3' and 'M5' are both too short to search for on the forum.
frown.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #36 of 58
Nice review ands welcome to the Crossroads club! To think that my first review was too enthousiastic and got deleted
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #37 of 58
Thanks for the link Bebanovich (nice avatar picture !!!)

Now one remaining question to kaushama : how does X3 and M5 compare to KSC75 (my only headphone reference). I anticipate a decrease in soundstage but I don't want to be disapointed on other criteria !!!!

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #38 of 58
If soundstage is what you are looking for, you should get open 'phone instead (but not Grado). Being as close 'phone in natural while placed so close to you ear, canalphone's soundstage is minimum at best...

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #40 of 58
Nah. "Traditional" IEMs have a better seal that the XB/X3 as they are able to go deeper into the ear canal, although that is not to say that the XB/X3 have horrible noise isolation (I feel that it is better than that of the EP630).

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron-xp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah. "Traditional" IEMs have a better seal that the XB/X3 as they are able to go deeper into the ear canal, although that is not to say that the XB/X3 have horrible noise isolation (I feel that it is better than that of the EP630).

oh i know that, i meant XB > X3 in terms of isolation because of aluminum

Jun 9, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #42 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh i know that, i meant XB > X3 in terms of isolation because of aluminum

Correct me if I am wrong, but just on sound conduction along, didn't metal conduct more sound than plastic since it is more dense?

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I am wrong, but just on sound conduction along, didn't metal conduct more sound than plastic since it is more dense?

Yes, that's right.

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just received X3 and feel its lacks upper highs and there is treble role off. Mids are better than my CX300. Bass is better. But trebles are lacking. Will this change after burn-in? Then how long will it take?

What were your findings? I am experiencing the same thing. I can't quite pinpoint a freq range as it seems to be very broad.

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #45 of 58
the x3 just does not have an in-your-face sound to them. Rather than breaking them in, just listen to them and let your ears get used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back