CrossRoads MylarOne X3 [Pictorial + Short Review]
May 26, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is complete opposite what I feel. My X3 has treble roll-off as well as lack of upper detail!!
confused.gif

Are these having unit to unit variation?????

On a side by side comparison (A/B), I can tell CX300 does have a slightly better upper range (maybe there is the treble roll-off you are talking about?). However, since I already consider CX300 to be 'harsh', I actually enjoy the quality of X3's slightly less extended upper range as I feel it is much balance (with mid /bass) in this way.

In other words, it is souperman's 'ear to ear variation'
tongue.gif

May 26, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 58
Aha! I also feel CX300 has harsh and sibilance in trebles! That is one problem with CX300. Compared to that X3 has very thin rolled off trebles. It is better that X3 doesn't have harshness or sibilance but it should not be at the cost of lack of or rolled treble response. X3 lacks upper registers and even less than KSC75! In the process it looses some details and fun factor of music.

I am not comparing the treble quality of HD650 with it.

May 26, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #18 of 58
If this rolled off treble response in, at least my, X3; even with lossless stream played through DA100 > GS-1, can be called balanced sound, my HD650 and my friend's DT990, should be having such unbalanced harsh frequency response in your golden ears!!!
tongue.gif

May 26, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #19 of 58
But I hope it will improve with burn in, which I am going to do.

May 26, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #21 of 58
Noop! I have a shure tip kit coming on the way! I will try them too.

May 26, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #22 of 58
Nice review ClieOS!

A friend of mine heard from Thailand's distributor that their next batch of X3 will come with new upgraded tips. They even offer free replacement for old batch owners, but, for now, our search for perfect sleeves continues
etysmile.gif

May 27, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #24 of 58
Yes, The I got one with a Sony tips!!
plainface.gif

May 27, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #25 of 58
Quote:

friend of mine heard from Thailand's distributor that their next batch of X3 will come with new upgraded tips.

I don't know whether Sony tips are newly upgraded ones!

May 28, 2007 at 11:10 AM Post #26 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know whether Sony tips are newly upgraded ones!

Yeah the sony tips are the new ones. Try playing around with other tips to get your preferred sound signature because as mentioned before, they certainly do make a world of difference. For most people, best results are obtained either using the sony tips or the UE tips
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #27 of 58
Since I got one of the new stock, maybe mine is also Sony tips... can't really confirm this cause I don't have another pair of Sony to compare to. However, I do prefer the one that comes with my X3.

May 28, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #29 of 58
My UE tips are on the way still. In the mean time I changed my CX300 tips to X3 and let it burn for 30 hours. I think treble response is much better now. Its trebles are not harsh at all and refined. Not in the face kind highs. Well controlled. But i wish I could hear more of upper registers without harshness and sibilance. Controlled ultra highs!! My perception may be rooting from the fact that I often do not listen to IEMs and my listening during past few months restricted to wonderful sound coming out my DA100>Gs-1/Supermini driven HD650 or DT990.
Bass and mids are the strong points of this IEM. It certainly has more clarity and imaging than CX300. It is not an ultra detailed IEM but musical and fun listening. Mids are ever so slightly forward but not to the extent being labelled as bright.
I will write up a full review comparing it with Atrio M5 after Burning in for 100hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back