Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
Jun 13, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #423 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the problem is that when i fit the CX300 tips, i lose base,

yeah the CX300 tips are ever so slightly wider at the base of the tip, so don't fit as tightly, hence the bass loss

apparently UE tips are a good fit, I've ordered some of those. the X3 medium tips will do me for now

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #424 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiquito3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine May 22 and I live in Puerto Rico so I'm pretty sure that it would take 4 weeks to get to me. It wuold havet obe delivered to US Mainland and then redistributed to Puerto Rico. I just hope it don't take any longer than that. I just keep reading everybody's posts and I get ansious!
I was just hoping to receive it as a Father's Day gift from myself.
etysmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Well guys, just the same day I posted here about my order I just receive a mail notification about my package. Delivery service was super fast. I live in Puerto Rico and it took exactly 2 weeks to get to me. I did order the bundle with the Beyerdynamic IEM. These are my first 2 pairs of IEM so I can't compare them with nothing else except my Senheiser cans HD-25-SP(I paid only $27 for them new a few years ago).
To be frank I am not instantly in love with my new X3. The music I hear is alternative rock. Since my kind of music is very diversified I can say some songs sounded great but the rest don't sount too good. The other pair of IEM's (Beyerdynamic are beter fit for most of my music but they lack some of the detail that the X3 has. I know I still need more time to test them and make a more expecific comment about them. I want to buy better sleeve and see if thta helps. For now the Beyerdynamic slevees are the best fit for my ears on both IEM's.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #425 of 458
I see that there has been no posts since my last posts!!!
After a few days of testing I stil say that the M3 are too bright compared to the Beyerdynamic DTX-50 and I now understand what you people mean by burning time. The DTX-50 sound a litle different than the firts days, now bass sounds more intense, but sometimes I think is too much. Also notice that the MX3 are better fit for gitar music. What do you people recomend to hear that would show me to really appreciate the quality of the MX3 ear phones?
(Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, some Bossa Nova sounded nice. I tried some Porcupine tree but not all songs where great with the MX3)

I just heard Infected Mushrooms(Clasical Mushrooms)(techno) with the MX3 and it sounded great in fact bass sounded a lot better than with other music.

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #427 of 458
Quote:

I just heard Infected Mushrooms(Clasical Mushrooms)(techno) with the MX3 and it sounded great in fact bass sounded a lot better than with other music.

Thats what I'm talkin 'bout.. toss some psy on these babys!

Jun 20, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #430 of 458
I ordered a pair at the beginning of june, but I did not receive them yet. David just said he will send another pair. GREAT SERVICE!! I'm very curious about the sound quality...........

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #431 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, thanks a lot, epithetless and steviebee. I guess it now boils down to the sonic signature difference and since I come from PX100, I would want something that sounds different than that.

@steviebee
I would look forward to that comparison.
biggrin.gif

Ok, finally got round to a side by side with CK7/X3. Reason it's taken so long? Because I've been using the X3 almost exclusively since I got em
biggrin.gif

Used the same tips on both, btw.

Build quality: CK7 -solid metal housing, nice cable. X3 is not bad tho, for the £££ - they seem sturdier than I was expecting from others' comments.
In terms of sparkle & sheer treble clarity: CK7.
Bass & mids -close on bass (when & if I can get a good seal w/ CK7 which I've found a wee bit difficult -roll on the UE fit kit!) but X3 has a lovely, solid bass presentation. Bass drums really kick through, which they don't with the same emphasis on the AT. Mids - the X3 is warmer - CK7 can sound a little cold/hard in comparison. Kramer described the X3 as 'groovy warm' & he's spot on...very listenable, musical & engaging phone.

What has really surprised me is the ease in picking out musical & production detail with the X3. Literally, I've heard details on well-loved music I've not noticed on my other IEMs. It's there, but the X3 makes it so much easier to hear . Also, I hear a much better soundstage & depth with the X3. I am mightily impressed with them. I still love my CK7s for their top-end, clarity & shimmer: I think they & the X3s make a nice pairing as their sigs are nicely differentiated. Anyone want to rehome my JBL 220s?
wink.gif

Which of the two is closest to a PX100 I'll leave to you as I've not heard em!

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #432 of 458
Let me just say first of all that Uncle Wilson is a terrific guy. One peek into the shop and you know this is a place run by a sound geek, for sound geeks! Anyway, I managed to visit yesterday and got to try out the X3 and XB in comparison with my current favoured pairing of CX300/iPod2G.

As the default sound (eq off) of my iPod2G already places greater emphasis on the upper-mids to highs compared to iPod4G, I found the X3 to be a bit too clean and lacking in bass response. Just to be clear, I do prefer my music to be more 'fun' to listen to – I haven't been able to enjoy the relatively clinical sound of other IEMs, (like SHURE for e.g.)

Now the XB on the other hand was something else. For half the retail price of the Senn CX300, the SQ and sound signature was almost identical... IF you get a good seal. Jaben has been doing Crossroads (and customers) a big favor by retrofitting the phones with Sony tips, but still... everyone's ears are different. I've found that *not all* Sony tips are the same either. My cache of Sony tips from a few years back seem to be made from a different mix of silicon rubber than current ones, with a slicker surface that makes a really good seal. Even my stock CX300's tips have a 'matte' looking finish that don't seal as well in my ears.

The built quality? Yes, the X3 and XB do seem less polished compared to established brands, but for the price, they are excellent value. And the clip works very well to minimise microphonics. From my short time in handling them, I agree with some owners that the blue and red junctions at the housings are the only major point of worry.

I didn't end up buying either yesterday, simply because they did not *exceed* my current expectations/needs. The XB certainly *met* them, at least on the performance level. If my CX300s get damaged or lost, the XBs will be worthy replacements. :)

Jul 15, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #433 of 458
Quote:

Also notice that the MX3 are better fit for gitar music. What do you people recomend to hear that would show me to really appreciate the quality of the MX3 ear phones?
(Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, some Bossa Nova sounded nice. I tried some Porcupine tree but not all songs where great with the MX3)

You can try the Ultrasone Demo CD.. it's free and has enough audiophile tracks to help you evaluate the X3 better. The link is somewhere here in head-fi.

Then there are the other usual audiophile CDs... you can pick something by Chesky... or for instance Crash Test Dummies' "God Shuffled his Feet". It doesn't matter if you like the music.. you will like the X3.

I was so impressed I bought a second pair today... but then again, these are my first IEMs. Still, for the price, I'm getting a lot of fun out of them, compared to the CD3K that are better but cost me 13 times more.

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #434 of 458
The cx300's sure seem underrated with all this talk of the mylarone X3. The build quality of the Cx300 is so much greater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back