Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
Jun 9, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #406 of 458
Just ordered a pair Wilson said a week to ten day to the west coast of United States very sweet i hope they are good by the reviews i have seen they should be. being only 16 this is my first real pair of IEMs

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #407 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha thats what I was sayin when I first saw that post
smily_headphones1.gif

He makes it sounds like they're ganna have to live off top ramen noodle for a week now because of this huge investment!

It's not the amount of money. My wife sees any headphone purchase beyond one pair a waste of money (even if it is my money).

Sure, I can afford it...but can I afford the constant nagging?

...we shall see...

EDIT: And top ramen is delicious. I DO live off of it. Wanna fight about it?

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #408 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No comments on how you like the sound?!

I pick them up today in the afternoon at the postoffice They are not in my hands yet
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #409 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pick them up today in the afternoon at the postoffice They are not in my hands yet
wink.gif

OK got them now
smily_headphones1.gif
I think they are the best earplugs i have owned. OK this is the first pair of mine
wink.gif
The sound is great good seperation and great perspective in my opinion. Maybe they get better with some burn in but, i am satisfied great price and plugs

Jun 12, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #410 of 458
I know this has been asked before in this thread but since there hasn't been a satisfactory response yet, I will ask again: How will Mylar X3 compare against AT ATH-CK7? I've searched through the intraweb for this comparison and the only one I can find seems to favor towards the CK7. The CK7 itself doesn't seem too popular around here.

Links:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1636547 (comparison of CK7 and Mylar X3)
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7666 (in-depth review of the CK7)

I come from the PX100 if it helps.

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #411 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this has been asked before in this thread but since there hasn't been a satisfactory response yet, I will ask again: How will Mylar X3 compare against AT ATH-CK7? I've searched through the intraweb for this comparison and the only one I can find seems to favor towards the CK7. The CK7 itself doesn't seem too popular around here.

Links:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1636547 (comparison of CK7 and Mylar X3)
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7666 (in-depth review of the CK7)

I come from the PX100 if it helps.

a wee morsel...

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #412 of 458
Quote:

CK7 owner chiming in: great little phone! Light, comfortable, really nice detailed, clear SQ but still with enough bass punch.

And I'll be picking up the X3 in a few days, once I get over a smacked-up hip (bikes eh?! lol), so may have a few vs impressions later (also going up against JBL Ref 220s, so should be interesting)...

Jun 12, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #413 of 458
Ah, thanks a lot, epithetless and steviebee. I guess it now boils down to the sonic signature difference and since I come from PX100, I would want something that sounds different than that.

@steviebee
I would look forward to that comparison.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #414 of 458
Quote:

Ah, thanks a lot, epithetless and steviebee. I guess it now boils down to the sonic signature difference and since I come from PX100, I would want something that sounds different than that.

@steviebee
I would look forward to that comparison.
biggrin.gif

No problem. As far as which diverges from the PX100 signature the most, I'd say CK7 takes the prize.

EDIT: @steviebee, me too.
etysmile.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #415 of 458
the x3 sound fantastic guys, but could any of u enlighten me a bit more about the isolation? how is it on the plane? the only point of reference i have is a bose quietcomfort 2 (i kno...)

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #416 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the x3 sound fantastic guys, but could any of u enlighten me a bit more about the isolation? how is it on the plane? the only point of reference i have is a bose quietcomfort 2 (i kno...)

I used them on a plane for about 7 hours total and I thought they were fine. I've never used noise canceling headphones so I have no reference point. But I could hear everything fine so I think the isolation is good enough.

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #418 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did u hav to jack up the volume compared to normal listening and by how much?
and if u used the inflight entertainment system, how many bars were u using (quarter/half etc)?

Well normally on my DAP I listen at 16-18/30 bars on the volume level. On the plane I did listen a little louder at 20/30. Those two bars make a pretty big difference and it just brought out the details a little more.

I used the in-flight system for a bit to watch a portion of a movie, and I was curious how the phones would sound while watching a movie (sounded good btw). Anyways, I didn't notice any volume meter for the system (i was on an old 757) so I couldn't tell you how high it was set to.

I think you'd be fine using these on a plane. Hopefully they are comfortable for long periods of time for you.

Jun 13, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #419 of 458
i just them this morning, they made freddy mercury bring tears to my eyes,

coming from a pair of CX300, i can only say one word, amazing....

just one thing, are the silicon tips suppose it itch inside the ear ?

Jun 13, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #420 of 458
I'm experiencing a similar problem, coming from CX300s myself. They aren't as comfortable as the CX300s and can be a bit itchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back