Crossroads Mylar Three, Super.fi sound?
Jun 7, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #391 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenwallet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got my X3 today. Out of the box, dissapointed with the sound. Soundstage is limited. Alot of midrange presence, adds atmosphere to vocals. But it's a mess of mids, no clarity in comparison to 716s. I actually don't mind the rolled-off highs, but it doesn't have that deep bass impact i'm accustomed to with the foamed 716.

In comparison with the ep-630, the 630 sounds muffled or congested. I noticed background hiss from the 2nd gen shuffle, slightly from the 1st gen, and none from the rio forge.

Don't have any problems with comfort or fit. I used the smallest sleeves and push them as deep as they can go.

I'll give the X3 more hours to burn in etc. But i think i might be offering my pair for sale.

This is exactly how I felt when I tried the X3 out of the box, I wasn't particularly impressed. I love how people can say they are better than the E4C though.
blink.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #392 of 458
My X3s are on their way. I don't own any tips apart from the standard Sennheiser ones that came with my current CX300s. Is a UE universal fit kit the best bet to start off with? I've never tried foam tips and I'm keen to give them a shot, so am interested in the shure e2c foamies as well.

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #393 of 458
I'm about to jump on board and pick up a pair. Anyone in TX buy a pair? I'd like to know how long I'll be waiting... it'd be nice to have these before I go on a cruise!

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #394 of 458
FYI - I will be bringing my X3 headphones to the Tampa Florida meet this Saturday (June 9, 2007). If you want to try them out, drop by. It should be a great time.

Hope to see you there.

Explorer

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #395 of 458
I've been worried about the X3 being over-hyped. Most people don't want to spend even $100 on a pair of earphones for their ipod and for them, the X3 strikes me as an amazing deal. It is very balanced and relatively refined for the price, and a staggering upgrade over the stock earbuds. They look really cool too. If you want more bassey sound, go for XB. I think that for most people who are not hobbyiests these may be all they really need or want, and probably a VERY pleasant surprise. I've not heard everything out there but I've heard a lot of it. You can spend more and do worse.

Over $100 I like the Westone UM1, which to my ear, is a little more refined than the X3 and XB, and in terms of bass and detail, kind of a cross between X3 and XB, closer to X3. A very fine all-rounder for the price.

As you move further up the price ladder, you get increments in detail, treble extension, midrange and treble refinement, and deeper richer bass; sometimes these increments are not well balanced. For example, you read some people feel that early generation Shures or Ety's are too generous in high end detail throwing off the balance.

For the real bass fanatic Vibes seem to be the way to go.

Ah, then there is the issue of matching the earphones to the device. Larger ipods and 1st generation nano have a richer sound (IMHO) that can better tolerate a lean detailed earphone. 2nd gen nano and Shuffle have, to my ear, a leaner sound that match better with a richer sounding earphone like the Westones.

And as I've mentioned before, some earphones seem better for rock and roll or other pounding bass-heavy music (XB), others more all-rounder or for classical - voice - jazz (X3).

If you are "disappointed" in X3, it could be system matching, or simply that your taste is different, or that your taste demands a higher price point.

That's my perspective anyway.
Art

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #396 of 458
i ordered mine on sunday, my Cx300´s toasted,
i moded a pair of FX33 and put the CX300 tips on them, it was horrible, they sound like someone was scarping my ear drums, put them down, using my old PMX100 (behind the neck PX100),

just 2 small details, you get confirmation from jaben when they ship? i only guy the paypal payment confirmation,

and anyone ordered a pair to europe and knows how much time they take to arrive ? im specificly in spain,

Jun 8, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #397 of 458
I ordered mine to Austria, Europe - took about a week. Pretty fast, considering they ship from Singapore. (I ordered several times from some Hong Kong cheapo shops, like DealExtreme and Kaidomain - and those packets always took at least two weeks to arrive.)

Yes, I got an email notification when they shipped the Mylars.

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #402 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered my pair on Wednesday of this week...I'm hoping I like these. I sold my PXC-250's to get money to buy them (wife+headphone purchase=not happy)

lol... it's just $57.. can't be that bad... Not like you went off to get a pair of UE10s...
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #403 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuioku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol... it's just $57.. can't be that bad... Not like you went off to get a pair of UE10s...
tongue.gif

haha thats what I was sayin when I first saw that post
smily_headphones1.gif

He makes it sounds like they're ganna have to live off top ramen noodle for a week now because of this huge investment!

Jun 9, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #405 of 458
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine today, but was on a mini weekend. I pick them up Monday
smily_headphones1.gif
1 week from Singapore to Denmark this is great and no tax and fees
wink.gif

No comments on how you like the sound?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back