cring worthy scenes in moves.. Spoliers..
Sep 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
'The hobbling' scene in Misery
Pencil in Ankle. evil dead
Nazi dentist, pulling teeth in the Marathon man
Last boat scene in Jaws where the shark already has half his body in his mouth.

Sep 26, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 21
95% of the Drag Me to Hell. Haven't squeemed so much in my seat during a movie. Ever.

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 21

Quote:
Blowtorch scene in Hostel made me go "no... you just didnt show that on screen...". Also most of [rec] had me on the edge. I personally thought drag me to hell was quite funny.

I found it funny too, but alot of it was flat out gross and made me squirm around.

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #8 of 21

Blowtorch scene in Hostel made me go "no... you just didnt show that on screen...".

I was high as a kite when I watched HOSTEL and that was a pretty terrifying experience..I'll steer away from torture movies from now on, what's the point to watch that anyway?

I read that the place where they kept the people was an ancient institution for mentally insane ppl...they were just kept in those rooms for all their life. Creeeeeeeeeeeeepy! They even had some ppl play music in those corridors to avoid having the staff feeling depressed.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 21
pet sematary

my ankle hurts just thinking about it

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #12 of 21
^ What? That sounds awesome!

Tough one. For something a little different I'll offer wedding toast scenes. A good recent one was in Rachel Getting Married. It was excruciating to sit though.

In the physical category, how about several scenes in Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance? There is the ankle tendon slice then subsequent drowing. The electrocution scene, which is one of the more effective I've seen filmed. And of course, the classic knife to the neck sequence. "Don't pull it out." You know he will. 

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #13 of 21
The Passion of the Christ... most of it... especially the scourge scene that rips out a chunk from his ribs/back. I swear the entire theatre did a sharp intake of breath at that point.

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
The movie Teeth, I don't even know where to start, the dog eating the guys penis, her vagina biting off the guys finger. I mean it was kind of funny but still.

I love that movie!
I didn't react with much more than a yelp to the dog eating the penis, but the guy I watched it with made some bodily movements that was hard to misinterpret. 

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #15 of 21
The scene from Breaking Bad where they are trying to get rid of a body by dissolving it in acid. The kid used too much and the tub came crashing through the ceiling and body soup hit the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back