cring worthy scenes in moves.. Spoliers..
Sep 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 21
The rape and murder scene in the original Last House on the Left.  Still bothers me when I think about it.  I have yet to see anything as cold and Sociopathic in movies yet.  The only thing that surpasses it was watching Zarqawi behead Nick Berg on Youtube.  If you haven't seen it don't, it stays w/ you forever.  At least Last House on the Left was fake.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #17 of 21
Good Pick - The original was much more raw and realistic than the remake. I could have believed some of it was real if you told me it was.

Quote:
The rape and murder scene in the original Last House on the Left.  Still bothers me when I think about it.  I have yet to see anything as cold and Sociopathic in movies yet.  The only thing that surpasses it was watching Zarqawi behead Nick Berg on Youtube.  If you haven't seen it don't, it stays w/ you forever.  At least Last House on the Left was fake.

Sep 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:

Ugh, that video just came back to my head. 6 or 7 years ago? Unfortunately, I remember it still very clearly.

Audtion has some tough scenes. The last scene was the most difficult. I felt sick after watching that movie.

Edit: So I thought of a couple more. Cries and Whispers. While only one scene is particularly revolting, I would be willing to nominate the entire movie as cringe-worthy. This is the most powerful film I've ever seen.

Another addition is The Vanishing, especially the later scene when we learn the fate of the missing woman. Wow, this one is uncomfortable.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #20 of 21
Good call on Audition.  Hard Candy was entertaining but nowhere near the realism of some of the aforementioned.  So I should add Cries and Whispers to my list, or maybe I shouldn't........

Edit - This the Ingmar Bergman classic?  Definitely added.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #21 of 21
Only one scene is disturbing in the sense of this thread (you'll know it when you see it). The film is truly an experience. I was emotionally, mentally and even physically exhausted after my first viewing. I think it's Bergman's greatest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back