crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Jun 2, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #1,156 of 1,335
Short update on the comparison tool, here's what has been added since the "beta stage" release.
  • Normalisation function
  • Selection of variants/modes of a model is now available (e.g. qdc Gemini default vs bass switch on, Sony MDR-EX1000 different sample units etc.)
  • Added target curves (Harman In-Ear 2017, Diffuse Field, crinacle Target). Use the "baseline" function to compensate, or leave it as it is as a simple overlay.
  • Added placeholder text in the search bar to make it more obvious
Implementation of the "premium" comparison tool should be coming pretty soon, that means that the "public use" version will also be limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #1,162 of 1,335
I've been playing around with the comparison tool, and I never knew how many different IEMs had boosted treble far beyond any other frequency in the listenable spectrum. Even more than "neutral" earphones. I could be wrong, but it seems like large treble spikes are a lot more common among IEMs than on over-ears. I had no idea bright headphones were that popular among IEM enthusiasts.

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #1,164 of 1,335
Short update on the comparison tool, here's what has been added since the "beta stage" release.
  • Normalisation function
  • Selection of variants/modes of a model is now available (e.g. qdc Gemini default vs bass switch on, Sony MDR-EX1000 different sample units etc.)
  • Added target curves (Harman In-Ear 2017, Diffuse Field, crinacle Target). Use the "baseline" function to compensate, or leave it as it is as a simple overlay.
  • Added placeholder text in the search bar to make it more obvious
Implementation of the "premium" comparison tool should be coming pretty soon, that means that the "public use" version will also be limited. For those not yet on my Patreon, enjoy the full features while you can.
What an update! Normalization is really neat, and it's a great option to overlay the target curves as well. This is probably the best graph comparison tool I've used! Massive iem database helps immensely!

Would be cool if there was a easy way to take a snapshot or image of the graph. And also within this snapshot, a legend of what iem for what color being shown.

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,166 of 1,335
P1-Front-vent-seal.jpg

That thing looks just gorgeous on graph! O_o
@crinacle ,does it have any "dynamic driver taste" @ bass area with front vent mod or is it just plain "electrostatic" sound signature?

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #1,167 of 1,335
P1-Front-vent-seal.jpg

That thing looks just gorgeous on graph! O_o
@crinacle ,does it have any "dynamic driver taste" @ bass area with front vent mod or is it just plain "electrostatic" sound signature?

It sounds closer to a DD than a BA/estat. Tonality is good though the driver speed is lacking to my ears.

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #1,168 of 1,335
It sounds closer to a DD than a BA/estat. Tonality is good though the driver speed is lacking to my ears.
First part is good news for me but don`t get the second part as I get impression from HBB video that it is very fast.

Jun 16, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #1,169 of 1,335
what is "fast"? who's "fast" is the real "fast"? To Crin, it wasn't fast enough. The HBB, it was fine. Only way to know if it's 'fast' enough for you, is to buy one and try. Sell it if you don't like it. That's how this hobby goes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back