1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

crinacle's IEM FR measurement database

Tags:
First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
81 82
Next

Last
  1. SilverEars
    @crinacle We appreciate the additional samples measured. Thanks!

buonassi and jsmiller58 like this.
  2. buonassi
    finally, measurements for rai penta that I can interpret. Exactly what I've been hearing for the past month - that little lift at 6 - 8 khz. doesn't bother me with foams, but any silicones just grate at my left ear. I'm probably experiencing a resonance on top of the lift that's there.

3. guicnovaes
    Thank you for this amazing contribution.
    Do you have any plans to measure Tanchjim IEMs? Thanks in Advance.

4. SilverEars
    I got a dud iem (right channel is totally different), but just wanted to bring light of a Philips cheapy iem that is like the Sony MH755. Looks like a better response since Look at the left response on these. Comparison with Sony MH755. Philips looks much closer to a target response.

SHE7000 vs Black MH755.jpg

XERO1 likes this.
  5. tomscy2000
    I thought so much was true when I first saw FR measurements of the Rai Penta on other websites, but now I can overlay it...

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Both are 4 BA + 1 Dynamic hybrids, with the Rai Penta priced $200 over the A91.

Because I've neither, I don't want to speculate, but I suspect they'll still sound noticeably different because the dynamic driver is susceptible to damping within housing.

However, they should sound very similar in the mids and treble. With this kind of concordance in resonance peaks, I can only assume the BAs are tuned almost exactly the same way, give or take the brand of the passive components (if you think these things factor into sound performance).

6. RSC08
    Wow.. the specs look very similar:

A91:
    Freq Range 4Hz – 45 kHz
    Impedance 20Ω

Rai Penta:
    Frequency Range: 4Hz – 45kHz
    Impedance: 20Ω

And both offer an option for a 2.5mm rhodium plated balanced cable...

Even the vents seem to be on the same spots:

9515047.jpg

rai-penta-prod2_1024x1024.png

thesheik137, pstickne and buonassi like this.
  7. buonassi
    Coining this now

#pentagate

8. Colors
    Seems suspect...

9. RSC08
    “Rai Penta is the culmination of 3 years of researching the most ergonomic shape and most vivid sound for a Universal IEM." @ Meze Audio site

Fidue A91 Sirius released in the last quarter of 2016...

Did they just do the shell and merely retuned an existing product?

pstickne likes this.
  10. pstickne
    I wonder what the two insides look like.. sure, no “fancy” sound tubes in the A91, and what about transducer models?

Maybe the “phase tuned” sound tubes just aren’t relevant, or maybe there actually a sound quality improvement (as opposed to “high purity solder” SQ improvements) not caught in a FR graph?

(Half of marketing is BS statements anyway :p)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  11. csglinux
    I had a chance to listen to Delta Airlines complimentary earbuds last week, and guess what - @crinacle has measured them - they're on his database! Thank the maker that no other company has decided to take their design inspiration from these :)

jsmiller58 and pstickne like this.
  12. XERO1
    CA1D0010-C2A4-47EC-8C76-784FC392D7C0.gif

tomscy2000 and buonassi like this.
  13. Slater
    ‘Phase tuning’ sound tubes involves making sure the individual sound tubes are precisely measured to length. This is important when building multi-driver IEMs.

When the sound tubes are different lengths, sound will travel through the different lengths and can introduce phase issues.

Imagine I am located 20 feet away from you. I yell through 2 pipes. 1 is exactly 20 feet long (being straight). The other pipe is arranged in a coiled design. It is actually 120 feet long (when uncoiled), but when coiled up it is 20 feet long. The 2 sounds at the end of the pipes will sound very different, because they will be arriving to your ear at different times.

This is also an issue with cinema surround sound systems. Depending on the distance of the speakers from the listener, millisecond delays must be programmed into certain channels so the sound from the various speakers all arrives to the listener at the same time.

xmr0613 and pstickne like this.
  14. SilverEars
    Both look horrendous, but interesting how they both peak at around 500Hz (which is probably the reason why I think it sounds resonant/bloomy. At least based on these two graphs, either a great coincidence or likely intentional response. Likely a response to overcome aircraft cabin noise spectrum. ANC is definitely worthwhile inside an aircraft.

Delta
    Delta-1024x505.jpg

Korean air
    Korean Air Earphones - raw.png

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  15. jsmiller58
    Those things could be weaponized... I am pretty sure if I was a soldier and found myself blasted with music that sounded like these I would lay down my weapons and lose the will to live...

buonassi likes this.
First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
81 82
Next

Last