crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Jan 2, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #46 of 1,335
CustomArt Harmony 8.2

FFT Plot

Spectrum Analyzer iOS app

Oh man, you read my mind! Been also thinking about getting the 8.2. By the things are now, I probably won't be able to get the 6R anymore...

Just a comparison with Piotr's own measurements with the IEC-60318-4:

Not pinpoint accurate, but long as you're comparing IMM-06 measurements with other IMM-06 measurements, there shouldn't be any issue. Even moreso when the database is further filled up.

Thanks for the measurements Nick! Will be updating the front post.

Jan 2, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #47 of 1,335
CustomArt Ei.XX

FFT Plot: L Channel

FFT Plot: R Channel

With regards to the Ei.XX, if we basing off Piotr's measurements, I'll assume that the one with the 7.5k peak is the more accurate one. Will be putting that up.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #51 of 1,335
Got some new measurements today. Semi-audiophile colleague came in with his IEM collection :)

1More E1001 "Triple Driver"

TTPod T2

Audio Technica ATH-CKM99

Yamaha EPH-100

Audio Technica ATH-CK90Pro

Spider Realvoice

Audio Tehnica ATH-IM70

Westone UM1

Xiaomi Hybrid

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #52 of 1,335
Tremendous work @crinacle and Nik!

Fantastic little resource.

Btw I love the Galaxy V2.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #53 of 1,335
Tremendous work @crinacle
 and Nik!

Fantastic little resource.

Btw I love the Galaxy V2.

Thanks, man. I'm glad it's useful.

BTW, I've asked the guys developing FFT Plot and Spectrum Analyzer to add the ability to store and recall files for direct in-app comparison similar to what AudioTools allows. I'm hoping they can implement that soon. That would allow crinacle and I to both do L/R Channel Matching and multiple IEM comparisons with the same app.

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #54 of 1,335
Wow, I am glad I found this thread. Great work @crinacle and @nmatheis. Keep em coming! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #57 of 1,335
  @crinacle , when I click on the Galaxy V1 link, it is showing the measurement of the Galaxy V2.. Thought I'd let you know..

Yeah, I did a checkthrough and realised that I made measurements for the V1, not the V2. Guess I mixed up my V2 audition session with my V1 measurement session.

I'll try to go back and get the V2 done, but for now my database only has the V1. Apologies to those who got the wrong info.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #58 of 1,335
Just bought @omastic's CA Harmony 8.2 and it measures... a little off. Off from the standard measurements anyway. I'll get it reshelled and see there's any changes. Take note @piotrus-g 
L3000.gif

Oh and just in case anyone asks why I don't use the provided calibration file, this is why.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #59 of 1,335
  Just bought @omastic's CA Harmony 8.2 and it measures... a little off. Off from the standard measurements anyway. I'll get it reshelled and see there's any changes. Take note @piotrus-g 
L3000.gif

I'd say it's a difference in insertion depth of the IEM and difference in couplers (unless you're using 60318-4  or unless they are f.e. clogged with wax. Be sure that we measure each 8.2 4 times during each stage of production.

Oh man, you read my mind! Been also thinking about getting the 8.2. By the things are now, I probably won't be able to get the 6R anymore...
 Originally Posted by nmatheis 

CustomArt Harmony 8.2

FFT Plot

Just a comparison with Piotr's own measurements with the IEC-60318-4:

Not pinpoint accurate, but long as you're comparing IMM-06 measurements with other IMM-06 measurements, there shouldn't be any issue. Even moreso when the database is further filled up.

Thanks for the measurements Nick! Will be updating the front post.

I think the difference is because our graph custom unit and yours is demo/universal fit, which changes sound. I believe 8.2 universal graph is somewhere in 8.2 thread.

Jan 7, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #60 of 1,335
Here comes Round 3: Customs Galore!

Round 3 favourites: Jomo Samba, Lime Ears Aether

Special thanks to Music Sanctuary for the opportunity to demo and measure all these. Thanks for all the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back