Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Dec 25, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #766 of 1,003
I love the Super X-Fi Amp, but using it with my phone is not very comfortable. If I am walking with the phone in my pocket it often happens that the connection is lost and I have to press the button on the Amp or press play on the phone. Is there any way, cable or device to keep the connection stable? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

That shoudn't happen. Try a higher quality USB-C cable like an Anker cable. If there's any play in the cable, that can happen. You can also try buying some Deoxit D5 and spraying it in the contacts and cleaning the contact pins that way.

Dec 25, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #767 of 1,003
Also can either of those amps drive a DT 770 250ohm good enough not talking loudness talking actually amping it right?
I use the dt 770 and 990 250 whit the sxfi amp the small one and it can drive it easily

Dec 26, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #769 of 1,003
That shoudn't happen. Try a higher quality USB-C cable like an Anker cable. If there's any play in the cable, that can happen. You can also try buying some Deoxit D5 and spraying it in the contacts and cleaning the contact pins that way.
The cable I use is the one that came in the box with the amp. Besides, it must be a special OTG usb C to usb C cable, and I cannot find one. Thanks anyway.

Jan 2, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #770 of 1,003
Contacted creative support already but figured I would post about this weird problem. Just bought a Creative Sound Blaster X3 amazing piece of kit btw. The SXFI tech on it though is broken when you go and run the 7.1 audio test the left front, left side, and left rear all come out of the left front speaker location. Center comes out of the center. Right side mirrors the left with the problem to.

Jan 3, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #771 of 1,003
I have found X3 for 99 Euros. At the momemt the current sound setup consists of my headphones (AKG Q701) connected to a headphone amp -Objective2 (O2)- which in turn leads to the onboard sound card (S1220A). On top of that i have my speakers (Edifier R1700BT) connected to the 3.5mm Front-out of the back panel.

Do you believe that is worth buying the X3 as a soundcard-amp or as a soundcard connected to my current amp?

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #772 of 1,003
Contacted creative support already but figured I would post about this weird problem. Just bought a Creative Sound Blaster X3 amazing piece of kit btw. The SXFI tech on it though is broken when you go and run the 7.1 audio test the left front, left side, and left rear all come out of the left front speaker location. Center comes out of the center. Right side mirrors the left with the problem to.

I also picked up an X3 and sold off my SXFI Amp for use on my PC. I haven't had the same problem you mention, though I only use 7.1 with my headphones, not speakers. However, I was having a couple problems with the X3 when it first arrived. It would disconnect upon restarts and I had to continuously reconnect the USB cable to see it again. Occasionally settings would have to be forgotten. I tried a different USB C cable and then everything worked just fine. I contacted Creative and they replaced the cable. I haven't had any problems since.

I have found X3 for 99 Euros. At the momemt the current sound setup consists of my headphones (AKG Q701) connected to a headphone amp -Objective2 (O2)- which in turn leads to the onboard sound card (S1220A). On top of that i have my speakers (Edifier R1700BT) connected to the 3.5mm Front-out of the back panel.

Do you believe that is worth buying the X3 as a soundcard-amp or as a soundcard connected to my current amp?

Regarding this question, I'd say it depends on your main usage. I'm no audiophile, and use the X3 on a pair of Fidelio X2HRs and Sennheiser HD6XXs. In the software you choose the headphone you are using, and it adjusts the headphone gain for you (32-149 ohm or 150-600). I use the X3 mostly for gaming and casual music. You can adjust the SXFI equalizer via your phone or PC software, and I found pairing the X3 with my open back Fidelios gives a very immersive gaming experience. Played a bunch of Modern Warfare and Outer Worlds and enjoyed it. I would think movies with the X3 would be good too. However, this is a "gaming amp". It includes a mic input as well as speaker outputs. You can switch between playing sound via headphones or speakers, and have different EQ settings for both (or "lock" them both to the same EQ settings). If you were only interested in a pure music listening experience, maybe stick with the O2. The advantage of the X3 is the SXFI and EQ modes as well as mic input and switching between speakers/headphones. It may have more features than you care about using, in which case the extra bells and whistles may be useless or distracting.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #773 of 1,003
I also picked up an X3 and sold off my SXFI Amp for use on my PC. I haven't had the same problem you mention, though I only use 7.1 with my headphones, not speakers. However, I was having a couple problems with the X3 when it first arrived. It would disconnect upon restarts and I had to continuously reconnect the USB cable to see it again. Occasionally settings would have to be forgotten. I tried a different USB C cable and then everything worked just fine. I contacted Creative and they replaced the cable. I haven't had any problems since.

Regarding this question, I'd say it depends on your main usage. I'm no audiophile, and use the X3 on a pair of Fidelio X2HRs and Sennheiser HD6XXs. In the software you choose the headphone you are using, and it adjusts the headphone gain for you (32-149 ohm or 150-600). I use the X3 mostly for gaming and casual music. You can adjust the SXFI equalizer via your phone or PC software, and I found pairing the X3 with my open back Fidelios gives a very immersive gaming experience. Played a bunch of Modern Warfare and Outer Worlds and enjoyed it. I would think movies with the X3 would be good too. However, this is a "gaming amp". It includes a mic input as well as speaker outputs. You can switch between playing sound via headphones or speakers, and have different EQ settings for both (or "lock" them both to the same EQ settings). If you were only interested in a pure music listening experience, maybe stick with the O2. The advantage of the X3 is the SXFI and EQ modes as well as mic input and switching between speakers/headphones. It may have more features than you care about using, in which case the extra bells and whistles may be useless or distracting.
Wich one you like more for gaming 6xx or h2r

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #774 of 1,003
Wich one you like more for gaming 6xx or h2r

Been a fan of Sennheiser for years, and in general prefer their sound profile to others that I have tried. However, I've really enjoyed the X2HRs for gaming. Comfortable fit and slightly more bass than the 6xx. I haven't had the X2HRs for too long, so maybe it's the novelty of them, but I'd give them the edge for gaming right now.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #776 of 1,003
SXFI can only be used on headphones. I was referring to the emulated speaker spots. Would love to get a audioquest nighthawk but I think that the X3 has to high of an output impedance.

I can almost guarantee it is just software configuration issue.
Have you made sure your OS is set to output 5.1/7.1?
Have you made sure your audio decoder and player is ready for surround? I recommend LAV audio decoder with Mediaplayer Classic/HC/MPC-BE.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #777 of 1,003
Everything is setup fine I own the SXFI amp and it works just fine. I'm using just the test that comes in the Sound blaster command software and with the sxfi amp windows 7.1 test. Also played CODMW and its all only coming out of the front facing speakers so Front left, Front Right, and Center. Also started to give feedback and create audio loop in discord even when i unplugged my mic and headphones. It obviously has some sort defect so I returned it.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #779 of 1,003
Does the X3 SXFI work on PS4 i see it check mark on the site but i was reading somewhere i think hear say it doesn't can anyone confirm this. Also is there any difference between the sxfi x3 and air/theater headphones

Thanks

Jan 6, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #780 of 1,003
Screenshot_20200106-213248_Google Play Store.jpg

Gen 2 profiles? What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back