Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Jun 22, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #646 of 1,002
So I read through a bunch of posts and I want to jump on the Amp but I just want to try and clarify something since I’m an iOS user. I have the app on my phone and I mapped my ears and face and it should be attached to the Creative account I made. If I bought this Amp, downloaded the software for Windows 10 I could then connect to my laptop via USB C and transfer my profile to the Amp that way without the need for an Android phone for setup? Once setup I’d be using it exclusively for PC stuff anyways so I don’t care about being able to control anything via iOS.

Also if what I’m proposing will work to get my profile on the Amp will the PC software allow me to select and change the headphone profile or can that only be done on an Android phone?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #647 of 1,002
So I read through a bunch of posts and I want to jump on the Amp but I just want to try and clarify something since I’m an iOS user. I have the app on my phone and I mapped my ears and face and it should be attached to the Creative account I made. If I bought this Amp, downloaded the software for Windows 10 I could then connect to my laptop via USB C and transfer my profile to the Amp that way without the need for an Android phone for setup? Once setup I’d be using it exclusively for PC stuff anyways so I don’t care about being able to control anything via iOS.

Also if what I’m proposing will work to get my profile on the Amp will the PC software allow me to select and change the headphone profile or can that only be done on an Android phone?

You can do it on both the PC software and android. Pretty much the same options on both. It's saved onboard so once you have a profile you like, you don't need to run software on another OS to use the Amp.

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #648 of 1,002
You can do it on both the PC software and android. Pretty much the same options on both. It's saved onboard so once you have a profile you like, you don't need to run software on another OS to use the Amp.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I could get my profile to the Amp via the iOS and PC combo and it sounds like that’s the case.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #649 of 1,002
Latest version is 1.40.07. It's been like that for a while

upload_2019-6-22_21-51-32.png

Jun 23, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #652 of 1,002
They won't add any new headphones, it's Creative we're talking about!..
I only wish if they could release the code, so someone clever and capable enough could start creating profiles.
Yes they gave us a eq and thats it

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #654 of 1,002
So I'm thinking of ordering the SX-Fi Amp and I'm planning to use it exclusively for surround sound content, namely games and movies on my PC.

I'm currently using a Sennheiser HD600 connected to a Sound Blaster Z card with SBX Pro Studio enabled at 67% VSS effect and Windows audio set to 5.1 output. I'm quite happy with this setup since I get that natural-sounding, non-reverby, and out-of-your-head surround experience with decent surround sound cue localization as long as the content has good surround mixing and production values to begin with.

Is the SXFI a worthwhile upgrade to my present setup, particularly in improving the surround sound localization accuracy? Also, is it possible to adjust the SXFI surround effect similar to how it is with SBX Pro Studio?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #655 of 1,002
So I'm thinking of ordering the SX-Fi Amp and I'm planning to use it exclusively for surround sound content, namely games and movies on my PC.

I'm currently using a Sennheiser HD600 connected to a Sound Blaster Z card with SBX Pro Studio enabled at 67% VSS effect and Windows audio set to 5.1 output. I'm quite happy with this setup since I get that natural-sounding, non-reverby, and out-of-your-head surround experience with decent surround sound cue localization as long as the content has good surround mixing and production values to begin with.

Is the SXFI a worthwhile upgrade to my present setup, particularly in improving the surround sound localization accuracy? Also, is it possible to adjust the SXFI surround effect similar to how it is with SBX Pro Studio?
You can just activate sxfi and disable i i lve the sxfi for games and moviesbi cant say if it is a upgrade or downgrade

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #656 of 1,002

Don't even compare htrf to real surround. what the sxfi does it first calibration to your ears and to the right headphones, nothing else does that.
what its actually does is making real surround 7. 1 to sound in your headphones.
now if you want the second best surround that doesn't sound like outside your brain but still properly real 7. 1 that's Cmedia Xear 3D. the only real one is from eclaro Ht omega the Fenix or the better one.
don't even compare those 2 to anything else.

Jun 29, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #657 of 1,002

So I obviously haven’t tried your exact setup to compare, but I really like the sound of the SXFI amp which I got and setup a few days ago. I’ve tried a bunch of different surround solutions, some of which were good and some terrible. Before SXFI I was using the SoubdBlasterX G6 which was quite solid as well, but the SXFI amp paired with my HD800 sounds to my ears at least a much more convincing surround experience. I have a Smyth Realiser 16 preordered and if that thing ever ships my SXFI amp will still be used as a portable surround setup when I’m outside my home.

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #658 of 1,002
So I obviously haven’t tried your exact setup to compare, but I really like the sound of the SXFI amp which I got and setup a few days ago. I’ve tried a bunch of different surround solutions, some of which were good and some terrible. Before SXFI I was using the SoubdBlasterX G6 which was quite solid as well, but the SXFI amp paired with my HD800 sounds to my ears at least a much more convincing surround experience. I have a Smyth Realiser 16 preordered and if that thing ever ships my SXFI amp will still be used as a portable surround setup when I’m outside my home.

Hats off to you sir on getting the A16!

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #659 of 1,002
Hats off to you sir on getting the A16!

Thanks. Who knows when that thing will end up shipping. I will say that for the $140 I paid for it, the SXFI amp is really impressive though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back