Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jan 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,806 of 3,608
Jan 24, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #2,807 of 3,608
SURPRISE FROM CREATIVE JUST CAME TODAY!!! BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT!!! :v:
20180124_160136.jpg 20180124_160120.jpg

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #2,809 of 3,608
Hum/Buzzing Noise coming from my Speakers while using Brand New SB X7,, anyone have experienced this issue?
Yep, interestingly enough the issue disappeared after I replugged the wi-fi router power supply to a different power strip than the strip X7 was plugged into.

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,810 of 3,608
Yep, interestingly enough the issue disappeared after I replugged the wi-fi router power supply to a different power strip than the strip X7 was plugged into.

Oh that sounds like a quick fix, will try once I get back home cheers.

Edit: guess you are right, the humming/hiss I was hearing was caused by something called Ground Loop. it happened because of too many power cords including SB X7s PA are connected to my Masterplug.

So I connected X7's PA to my Wall Socket, so far I did not notice any humming/hiss noise, guess the problem has been fixed.

Thank you for your advice.

btw I also mailed Creative regarding this issue and they told me to buy something like this: http://www.hallresearch.com/page/GLI-RCA

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #2,811 of 3,608
Oh that sounds like a quick fix, will try once I get back home cheers.

Edit: guess you are right, the humming/hiss I was hearing was caused by something called Ground Loop. it happened because of too many power cords including SB X7s PA are connected to my Masterplug.

So I connected X7's PA to my Wall Socket, so far I did not notice any humming/hiss noise, guess the problem has been fixed.

Thank you for your advice.

btw I also mailed Creative regarding this issue and they told me to buy something like this: http://www.hallresearch.com/page/GLI-RCA
You may also want to try moving the X7 to a separate power curcuit (if that's doable in your house).

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #2,812 of 3,608
I got a Soundblaster X7 a couple of days ago in order to pair it with my Beyer T5P.2 I have been using a Sennheiser GSX-1000 and an Objective 2 until now. The X7 sounds horrible in comparison. Sound is extremely thin, Lows are lacking and highs are jarring. This is apparent in both music and gaming.

Maybe with a warmer sounding pair headphones the X7 will pair nicely, but stay away if you are using any kind of Beyerdynamics cans with it.

Feb 6, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #2,813 of 3,608
I got a Soundblaster X7 a couple of days ago in order to pair it with my Beyer T5P.2 I have been using a Sennheiser GSX-1000 and an Objective 2 until now. The X7 sounds horrible in comparison. Sound is extremely thin, Lows are lacking and highs are jarring. This is apparent in both music and gaming.

Maybe with a warmer sounding pair headphones the X7 will pair nicely, but stay away if you are using any kind of Beyerdynamics cans with it.
You can always swap opamps to improve the sound.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #2,814 of 3,608

That's why I use optical out to the Audio-GD R2R 11. Sound is much better. Now I just use the X7 for it's DSP and speaker output.

Feb 7, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #2,816 of 3,608
I also own a pair of Beyer T51Ps and they also sound fine. They already have very pronounced base, so the X7 helps to tune it down and bring out more details. With the T5p.2s however it brings them from "sounds like a Beyer but not as fatiguing as say, a T90," to "sounds like a Beyer but as fatiguing as say, a T90, but with less bass".

You can always swap opamps to improve the sound.
I am going to try this. According to the OP OPA827 might be the best option. They aren't available in Germany though, at least not in DIP8, only SOIC. Since my 10 EUR soldering iron will probably break them when trying to solder them onto a DIP adapter. I could import them from China but sipping would take longer then my return window on Amazon. So I ordered OPA607, AD797 and OPA228.

If none of these achieves the sound signature I am looking for I am going to return all of it.

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #2,818 of 3,608
Amps driven within spec' and below their clipping point are indistinguishable if set up properly so switching op amp IC's is pretty pointless.
You are incredibly far from the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back