Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jan 4, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #2,791 of 3,608
No I tried with different op-amps it's the same issue. Even I don't have any op-amps installed it's just constant noise on my speakers/headphone nothing else.
You really shouldn't use the x7 without opamps installed. Are you 100% sure they are inserted all the way?

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,792 of 3,608
You really shouldn't use the x7 without opamps installed. Are you 100% sure they are inserted all the way?

YES I'm 100% sure I tried all the OP AMPS I have. and they work very all well on my ZXR Soundcard.

It's not the first time I'm rolling OP-AMPS

What im guessing is the Sound chip inside is fried If not then I don't know.

Without OP-AMPS I tried my ZXR and it didn't make any noise so I'm positive this unit is gone for good.

Just received a reply from the ebay seller:

"You are the worst customer ever my friend. I will ask paypal and ebay to step in to the case because the machine wasn't faulty or couldn't have been as its new and almost never used. Do not buy ever again anything for people. I cant accept something that you have for 2 week and works fine and now you saying is broken. Ehat if you break it and now you want to sent it back? Lets see what ebay will say about.

Right my only hope is Paypal money back Guarantee and to ebay seller angry response LOL.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #2,794 of 3,608
Everything sounds so close to my sound, I do not notice 5.1 everything sounds like it's happening in front of me. Do I have something to set up in the PS4 menu? Have put on the PS4 Toslink and Dolby. Is it correct that way?

Is the Dolby indicator light on? If it is, then I still suggest that a headphone upgrade might be needed. Software can only take you so far.

I typically stay away from gaming headsets honestly. I've heard some and they all sounded terrible to me... Get yourself a quality audiophile headphone and a separate mic for chat if you don't have one already. Preferably (semi or fully) open back headphones, assuming your price range is under $500, as this will help with separation and staging a lot. I can't help you in this price bracket, but I've heard good things about AKG.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #2,795 of 3,608
To be fair to the seller, you replaced IC's - you could easily be the reason it no longer functions. It's neither his nor PayPal's fault.

To be fair to the seller, you replaced IC's - you could easily be the reason it no longer functions. It's neither his nor PayPal's fault.

Not really my fault as on creative websites it's clearly says that you can swap the OP-AMPS in your choice to get the best sound possible and if I do mistake on swapping then the OP-AMPS gonna burn not the Unit itself.

I'm sure there is something burned inside and ofc it can't happen by swapping the chips, maybe the Adapter which I received is not supplying enough I/V.

But I checked the PSU with my MM and it shows exactly 24V.

Right now I don't have any time to waste for this thing.

If I don't receive any positive response from the seller then I'll have to dispute with seller on paypal.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #2,796 of 3,608
Not really my fault as on creative websites it's clearly says that you can swap the OP-AMPS in your choice to get the best sound possible and if I do mistake on swapping then the OP-AMPS gonna burn not the Unit itself.

I'm sure there is something burned inside and ofc it can't happen by swapping the chips, maybe the Adapter which I received is not supplying enough I/V.

But I checked the PSU with my MM and it shows exactly 24V.

Right now I don't have any time to waste for this thing.

If I don't receive any positive response from the seller then I'll have to dispute with seller on paypal.
They also list compatible chips on their website. Granted, the list does not include each and every compatible model (neither Sparkos nor Burson are on it despite the fact that multiple users reported them to be compatible) but it should be a good start on what works and what doesn't.

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #2,798 of 3,608
Hey guy my Bass for the SBX option is grayed out for some reason and I keep shutting the device off and on and I even reset the x7 sound blaster software settings to default and it still stays grayed out. Any fix ?

Attachments

• Bass Grayed out.png
    Bass Grayed out.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #2,799 of 3,608
Hey guy my Bass for the SBX option is grayed out for some reason and I keep shutting the device off and on and I even reset the x7 sound blaster software settings to default and it still stays grayed out. Any fix ?
Nevermind I found out that if my headphones are unplugged the bass stays grayed out but as soon as I plug my headphones in I can select the SBX Bass hehe XD

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #2,800 of 3,608
They also list compatible chips on their website. Granted, the list does not include each and every compatible model (neither Sparkos nor Burson are on it despite the fact that multiple users reported them to be compatible) but it should be a good start on what works and what doesn't.

sent my X7 to creative they said they will repair or replace the unit :smile:

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #2,804 of 3,608

That's a really tough budget for 5 channels of power. Monoprice sells amps under their Monolith line. Emotiva is another that has a lot of options for a good price.

Maybe start with 2 channels and upgrade later. Both of the companies I listed have modular amps, where you can add more channels later.

Good luck, I hope you can find something. You being in Europe makes this much harder for me. Not sure of the options you may or may not have.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #2,805 of 3,608
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back