Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jan 1, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #2,776 of 3,608
happy New Year

I was told to tie it that way.

lFxbgNy.png

The Hama HA201 is connected between the USB sound card output & line-in of the Creative Sound Blaster X7. To regulate the chat, if you have annoying kids in the game so I can Muten

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2,777 of 3,608
happy New Year

I was told to tie it that way.

lFxbgNy.png

The Hama HA201 is connected between the USB sound card output & line-in of the Creative Sound Blaster X7. To regulate the chat, if you have annoying kids in the game so I can Muten
Oh god, that's unnecessarily complicated. Just buy the BT-W2 or any other PS4-compatible Bluetooth adapter and pair it with the X7. It won't work the way it's shown on the diagram, the X7 only send the mic signal over USB and Bluetooth.

Jan 2, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #2,782 of 3,608
So should I join it like this?

Edit: but how can I quickly feel so that I can quickly make annoying children quiet.

Wait, what's the bluetooth adapter for? Aren't you using an analog mic already?

Does the game not have a mute function for chat? All multiplayer games I played have had that. No need for such a complicated set-up just to use a mute button. If you are in party chat, you won't be hearing them anyway.

What I do is connect the headphones to the X7, then use a cheap clip-on mic plugged into the PS4 controller. Then I switch the PS4's audio out to the TV instead of the headset, so I can hear the game audio and chat audio.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #2,783 of 3,608
The Hama HA201 is used to make people in the game and in the party quieter and mute them.

Unfortunately, I have the BT-W2 say but my friends that I hear it as bad. That it is noise.

Does any of you have a good sound setting? I lack a little power and I can not order opponents where they are.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,784 of 3,608
The Hama HA201 is used to make people in the game and in the party quieter and mute them.

Unfortunately, I have the BT-W2 say but my friends that I hear it as bad. That it is noise.

Does any of you have a good sound setting? I lack a little power and I can not order opponents where they are.

Oh, I see what you mean. I do wish I can make chat audio quieter than what the PS4 settings allow. Not sure of a simpler way.

That BT dongle sends chat audio? That might be the simplest option then. Just lower the BT volume in the mixer settings. I think I might try this.

If you have trouble hearing the opponents direction, even with VSS on, then you just might need new headphones. Open back headphones with a larger soundstage and better separation can make a noticeable difference.

Also, the X7 headphone amp sucks. That's why I use optical out to the R2R 11. (see sig)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2,785 of 3,608
Lol I drew that diagram almost two years ago now. Yes, that's the correct way to connect this.

Wait, what's the bluetooth adapter for? Aren't you using an analog mic already?

Does the game not have a mute function for chat? All multiplayer games I played have had that. No need for such a complicated set-up just to use a mute button. If you are in party chat, you won't be hearing them anyway.

What I do is connect the headphones to the X7, then use a cheap clip-on mic plugged into the PS4 controller. Then I switch the PS4's audio out to the TV instead of the headset, so I can hear the game audio and chat audio.
Adapter is needed on PS4 because the X7 only sends the microphone signal over USB and over Bluetooth and since USB connection won't work with a PS4 (due to X7's complicated USB architecture). Also, thanks to the BT-W2 it is possible to control game/chat balance using X7 software mixer.

Enable Noise Reduction and Acoustic Echo cancellation in X7 microphone settings.

Oh, I see what you mean. I do wish I can make chat audio quieter than what the PS4 settings allow. Not sure of a simpler way.

That BT dongle sends chat audio? That might be the simplest option then. Just lower the BT volume in the mixer settings. I think I might try this.

If you have trouble hearing the opponents direction, even with VSS on, then you just might need new headphones. Open back headphones with a larger soundstage and better separation can make a noticeable difference.

Also, the X7 headphone amp sucks. That's why I use optical out to the R2R 11. (see sig)
The amp can be made better by swapping opamps (which I did) but even then it lacks power to really drive power hungry headphones.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #2,787 of 3,608
Hello Guys recently bought the SB X7 from Ebay and It was working fine for few days even after swapping the op amps,, but today I dont know whats wrong with this device suddenly :disappointed_relieved:

The problem is when its connected to my speakers with analog output its just gives me a constant white noise! nothing else. I tried my Headphones and its same just constant white noise!

I dont know What is wrong with this thing??

Can anyone please help to identify this issue before I send it back to ebay seller :interrobang:

Best Regards

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #2,788 of 3,608
Hello Guys recently bought the SB X7 from Ebay and It was working fine for few days even after swapping the op amps,, but today I dont know whats wrong with this device suddenly :disappointed_relieved:

The problem is when its connected to my speakers with analog output its just gives me a constant white noise! nothing else. I tried my Headphones and its same just constant white noise!

I dont know What is wrong with this thing??

Can anyone please help to identify this issue before I send it back to ebay seller :interrobang:

Best Regards
Opamps went bad. You either installed faulty ones or placed them upside down.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #2,789 of 3,608
Enable Noise Reduction and Acoustic Echo cancellation in X7 microphone settings.

Thx is Great!

Everything sounds so close to my sound, I do not notice 5.1 everything sounds like it's happening in front of me. Do I have something to set up in the PS4 menu? Have put on the PS4 Toslink and Dolby. Is it correct that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back