Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Jun 9, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #1,772 of 3,608
  Does anybody know how to make the speakers play mono? I've got a show that's decided that they only want to play audio from one speaker...

Ghetto way: Enable SBX

Pro way: foobar has a mono to stereo conversion available as a plugin.

Jun 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #1,774 of 3,608

​I was playing uncharted 4 and experienced pops too. any firmware update for this?

If You're playing on speakers, switch over from Dolby Digital to PCM (unless You're using 5.1 speakers). If You're using headphones, try either adjusting the dynamic range in the Cinematic tab of the Control panel or mute other inputs.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,776 of 3,608
I've seen a couple of people here talk about R6: Siege and I was wondering what all settings you guys are using? Strangely enough, I found that I'm able to locate sounds more accurately with SBX surround off as well as all the other options off (but still set to 5.1 in windows) with my Q701 on high gain.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #1,777 of 3,608
  I've seen a couple of people here talk about R6: Siege and I was wondering what all settings you guys are using? Strangely enough, I found that I'm able to locate sounds more accurately with SBX surround off as well as all the other options off (but still set to 5.1 in windows) with my Q701 on high gain.

5.1 in Windows, Hi-Fi Dynamic Range, Surround set to 100% in Creative Panel, Crystallizer and Bass set to off.

Jun 15, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,778 of 3,608
Sigh, where the Android and PC updates at? 
frown.gif

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #1,781 of 3,608
​Any reason why you set sbx to 100%? I have always read ot leave it at 67%.

What audible differences exist?

100% sbx is more immersive. Try it out, see if You like it.

Thanks I'll give those settings a try. Btw, do you know if these settings for 5.1 Windows are correct?

As far as I know if a game doesn't have its own output settings it defaults to what was set in Windows panel so audio needs to be set to 5.1 in windows for games to output 5.1. You should be good to go.

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,782 of 3,608

​Any reason why you set sbx to 100%? I have always read ot leave it at 67%.

What audible differences exist?

The closer you move towards 100% the smoother the transition between the virtual speakers, the more they blend together, making you lose a bit overall separation, clarity. Totally worth it though for the immersion you gain, like Yethal said.

Dolby Headphone and G5's SBX blend even more and emphasize room reflections noticably higher. The tradeoff is worse than with X7/SBZ(x/xr)'s SBX. Best overall clarity and separation is offered by CMSS-3D at a slight cost of a "immersive cinematic experience" due to the lesser bass and faster decay of reverb. Of course CMSS-3D's strengths which aren#t supported anymore make up for it in the right games but that's not a valid factor anymore. It is a great choice for multiplayer.

Rainbow Six Siege for instance is best with CMSS-3D followed by SBX. Then a bit later DHP and G5's SBX which imo stand no chance.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #1,783 of 3,608
Is there still a ton of background noise / static on the 3.5mm microphone in port? It's the one thing that is preventing my purchase as it's already horrible enough on my internal ZxR. Could anybody record a sample both with and without Crystal Voice background noise removal enabled? Thanks!

I don't know what they did differently on the entire Recon3D range, or the USB E1/E3/E5 which are all perfect! :frowning2:

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,784 of 3,608
The test says:
"PRO:
Asynchronous USB data transfer protocol"

what does that mean? Is it lower latency for pc-gaming?

Does ist support lower ohm-level headphones like AKG 701?

How is the latency in gaming? Bader then pcie of course, but a good usb 2.0 dac or top or bad or medium?

thank you!

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,785 of 3,608
  The test says:
"PRO:
Asynchronous USB data transfer protocol"

what does that mean? Is it lower latency for pc-gaming?

Does ist support lower ohm-level headphones like AKG 701?

How is the latency in gaming? Bader then pcie of course, but a good usb 2.0 dac or top or bad or medium?

thank you!

1. It's a better data transmission standard. Don't worry about it.

2. Latency is almost non-existent.

3. Yes.

4. You won't notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back