Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
May 31, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #1,726 of 3,608
You won't, Creative doesn't really give a flying **** about its own support page.

LOL, I was just trying to find a link to the recent firmware update for the X7 and couldn't find it.

Where would they hide it, if not on the support page?

There's a huge disconnect between their marketing and engineering departments. It's really sad.

May 31, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #1,727 of 3,608
LOL, I was just trying to find a link to the recent firmware update for the X7 and couldn't find it.

Where would they hide it, if not on the support page?

There's a huge disconnect between their marketing and engineering departments. It's really sad.

That's not a problem specific to Creative. Back when I worked at a corporation, our internal communication was so bad that once I found out about a marketing campaing I was supposed to do some tests/customer support for from the customers said campaign was targeted at and not from my coworkers. I imagine Creative is governed by the same PnR-style absurds.

May 31, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #1,729 of 3,608
That's not a problem specific to Creative. Back when I worked at a corporation, our internal communication was so bad that once I found out about a marketing campaing I was supposed to do some tests/customer support for from the customers said campaign was targeted at and not from my coworkers. I imagine Creative is governed by the same PnR-style absurds.

Fair enough.

But wasn't there a firmware update for the X7 last month? I can't find it on their site.

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #1,732 of 3,608
Fair enough.

But wasn't there a firmware update for the X7 last month? I can't find it on their site.

Thanks!

Last firmware update was on Feb. 29 & March 1 for both Windows and Mac.  It's possible they were doing site maintenance.  You can try my link below.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster&subCatID=1090&subCatName=X-Series&prodID=22189&prodName=Sound+Blaster+X7&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:pRODFAQ_22189,VARSET=CategoryID:1

On another note, did anyone decide to go ahead and try the SS3602?  Thoughts on it or the 3601.  I am trying to warm my HD700 & X7 up a little.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #1,733 of 3,608
It's not a feature implemented through firmware update, as far as I see from posted comments (haven't tried it yet myself). There was a new update to the app (iPhone/iPad app, hopefully the Android and PC/Mac apps too).

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #1,734 of 3,608
No Android update as of yet.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,735 of 3,608
It's not a feature implemented through firmware update, as far as I see from posted comments (haven't tried it yet myself). There was a new update to the app (iPhone/iPad app, hopefully the Android and PC/Mac apps too).

Firmware update is required to take advantage of the line out processing. Says so in the AppStore notes.

The firmware needed is the one released earlier this year. I had already updated the firmware, so the iOS controller simply "unlocked" the ability to toggle line out processing.

Jun 4, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #1,736 of 3,608
Firmware update is required to take advantage of the line out processing. Says so in the AppStore notes.

The firmware needed is the one released earlier this year. I had already updated the firmware, so the iOS controller simply "unlocked" the ability to toggle line out processing.

So, we've been sitting on this for three months now? Also, no Android or PC app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back