Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Dec 15, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #1,201 of 3,608
You'll need a Bluetooth dongle if you want it for use with the ps4. Yes, a 3.5 mm mic will work fine, and you're able to mix game and voice a la the Mixamp by using the panel in Windows or iOS.

Not every bluetooth dongle will work, only these specifically sold as "ps4 compatible" will work. There are some cheapos on ebay as well as Creative BT-W2 which is 100% confirmed to work.

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,203 of 3,608
I have both X7 and Recon3d, so I guess I can use X7 for game audio and the recon3D for chat. don't need to buy that Bluetooth adapter or do I ?

I think You can just plug the mic into the Recon 3D and plug it via USB. Kinda ghetto-style but should work.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,205 of 3,608
It accepts 7.1 input via USB from PC but only stereo via optical or PS4 usb. So much wasted potential.

Speaking of wasted potential, X7 is still marketed by Creative as console chat incompatible. Their own manual says that. But Creative also sells the BT-W2 transmitter that enables PS4 chat.
You might think here: problem solved?

Lolnope.

I emailed Creative a few days ago to tell them that they should market the X7 as chat compatible when used with the bt-w2 which would actually help. They responded by saying that they will not market either the X7 and the bt-w2 as console chat compatible (when used together) because it was not the intended design of the products to be used this way.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,207 of 3,608
It accepts 7.1 input via USB from PC but only stereo via optical or PS4 usb. So much wasted potential.

Speaking of wasted potential, X7 is still marketed by Creative as console chat incompatible. Their own manual says that. But Creative also sells the BT-W2 transmitter that enables PS4 chat.
You might think here: problem solved?

Lolnope.

I emailed Creative a few days ago to tell them that they should market the X7 as chat compatible when used with the bt-w2 which would actually help. They responded by saying that they will not market either the X7 and the bt-w2 as console chat compatible (when used together) because it was not the intended design of the products to be used this way.

They did, however, sell the two items as a bundle over the weekend.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #1,211 of 3,608
I have the latest firmware and My device doesn't detect headphones when I turn the device on(I keep my headphones in) ... So the only way to switch to headphone is to unplug/plug the headphone...does anyone else have this problem ?

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #1,212 of 3,608
  I have the latest firmware and My device doesn't detect headphones when I turn the device on(I keep my headphones in) ... So the only way to switch to headphone is to unplug/plug the headphone...does anyone else have this problem ?

Do you have any settings in "Direct Mode"?

Does it keep state (speakers/headphones) when you switch off, or does it start up in speakers even if you shut it down with the headphones set as the output?

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,213 of 3,608

Do you have any settings in "Direct Mode"?

Does it keep state (speakers/headphones) when you switch off, or does it start up in speakers even if you shut it down with the headphones set as the output?

no, no settings in direct mode, and no matter what I do, If I keep the headphone plugged in and then turn the device off and then on, It is stuck in speaker mode, and the only way to switch to headphone mode is to unplug and plug the headphones.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,215 of 3,608
Switching the toggle on the bottom left of the control panel does nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back