Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Dec 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,231 of 3,608
Will i be able to get 5.1 surround trough my headphones when: ps4>optical>x7>headphones?

It doesnt say anywhere on the creative website that the x7 encodes dolby digital live, which i thought was a format to pass trough (virtual) 5.1 via an optical cable.

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,232 of 3,608
Set PS4 to Optical Out and Dolby Digital. Make sure SBX is active between 66-100%. Dolby Digital LED will prove Ac3 Input

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,233 of 3,608
 7. Last night, the X7 decided to randomly go into Standby Mode mid-game. Not once, but half a dozen times over the course of an hour or two. I'm using the frigging thing and nothing has changed settings-wise in weeks, so why is Standby suddenly being initiated? I didn't even know it had a sleep mode.

I picked up the X7 and E-MU speakers a few days ago, the firmware is up to date but I seem to be having the same issue as above posted by ant1th3s1s.  As above the X7 randomly gets put to sleep the power light dims and PC is not picking it up till I hit power. Creative support are asking me to send it back as a faulty unit, if I can avoid that it would be great.  I noticed there are a few people with this issue but not solutions as far as I've seen, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,234 of 3,608
Disable USB power management in Windows. That should resolve the random standby

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,235 of 3,608
Disable USB power management in Windows. That should resolve the random standby

I'm getting this issue standby mode as well when I watch movies via my PS4. I never connect this to my computer.

Are you saying I need to connect the X7 to the computer to access these advanced settings, which aren't available in the app?

As always, thanks, buddy!

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #1,236 of 3,608
I'm getting this issue standby mode as well when I watch movies via my PS4. I never connect this to my computer.

Are you saying I need to connect the X7 to the computer to access these advanced settings, which aren't available in the app?

As always, thanks, buddy!

Random standby is usually caused by Windows power management that cuts off power to usb ports when it falsely detects that device is no longer in use. However, since Your X7 is not plugged into a pc this probably isn't the case. Although it might be a good idea to update the device's firmware.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,237 of 3,608
I'm going to be buying this device for my PS4.  

My question for you users is if you guys have any specific headphone recommendations.  Looking to be under 500 dollars.  Under 400 in a perfect world but I would like a big step up from my current HD 598s.

I've gone through a thousand reviews/impressions and asked the question in numerous places but I figured since you all have some experience with this it's probably a good place to ask.

I'm specifically quite interested in HD 600/650, AKG 712s, and HE-400i's as kind of a wildcard.  Maybe even HD700's if I could find em under 450.

The 400i's intrigue me but SBX and headphone surround would be the primary use and I'm not sure they'd give good positional sound.

Dec 21, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,238 of 3,608
The AKGs are better for gaming than the 400i IMO. The Philips Fidelio X2 is also great!

Dec 21, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,241 of 3,608
The X7 is a receiver, the USB dongle is a transmitter. It's taking the chat audio from the USB dongle and the X7 is receiving it...

The microphone still needs to be hooked up to the USB dongle itself, not the X7.

Dec 21, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #1,242 of 3,608
The X7 is a receiver, the USB dongle is a transmitter. It's taking the chat audio from the USB dongle and the X7 is receiving it...

The microphone still needs to be hooked up to the USB dongle itself, not the X7.

x7 on the way, as well as a bt-w2.

i have a simple 3.5mm terminated open mic that i've been running into my mixamp, i can plug this into the x7 with this combo and still get all the chat functionality correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back