Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Oct 28, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,096 of 3,608
  If you are connecting two headphones at the same time, the sound output will go through both. Is there any chance to individual channel the output just to one headphone (i.e. If on PC Headphone right output, if playing console the left headphone output).
I think it's not possible. I couldn't find any way:frowning2: That's really bad to plugin & plug out always the headphones. If there's really no way. Why? Technical?Software?
Thank you for clarification!

Headphone jacks are connected in parallel, they receive the same electrical signal from the amp. It is not possible to separate them

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #1,097 of 3,608
Buy a powered sub and center and it should be fine.
My other gripe with the stack was that I bought the optical Modi instead of the USB Modi (better connectivity). Unfotunately my onboard soundcard is so bad that even sending out digital optical signal was too much for it. God damn you Realtek and your useless chips!

Thanks for the info! Sorry your sound card bites. Thankfully, the X7 is quite nice.

Once my Bluetooth dongle (that you recommended) arrives from China, presumably by rowboat, I can grab the Boompro, re-up my PS+ membership, and grab an FPS.

BTW, I asked the eBay seller why the tracking number isn't working, and he said it could take 20-45 business days. I laughed a little. I'm spoiled with Amazon Prime.

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,098 of 3,608
Just unboxed and setup a set of wireless Sennheiser RF185's and have had a bit of a play with the "What you hear" outputting to the optical.

Sounds pretty damn impressive - had a bit of lag initially via the optical that wasn't there using the RCA's, but it's gone now (not sure what I did or if a reboot fixed it)

Think I'll finally be doing a bit of testing/comparing over the weekend.

A few different sets of cans and a few different amps being fed by the X7 and other DAC's/DSP's.

Really looking forward to sitting on the couch, firing up a console and using the new cans with no wires :)

Nov 8, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #1,099 of 3,608
^I want those.

I owe Creative a review for the Soundblaster JAM, I should get on that, but unfortunately, my ears have been horribly messed up during my last vacation (plane ear + sickness = no good).

The brief week or so of using it, I can at least say that I like them for what they are and their price range.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,101 of 3,608

Yellow : USB Controller

Blue: DSP Chip

Red : 2x PCM1793 handling 4 channels out at the back of the device 
      [the surround channels (2) + Centre & SUB (1)+(1)]

Green: PCM1794 Handling Two headphone outs at the front +
       2 channel's RCA outs at the back.

Purple: ADC, PCM4220 handles Mic-In + RCA Line-Ins at the back.

Does anyone know what type of clocks are used ? are they high quality ?

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,102 of 3,608
Hi,

I will probably get the X7 and K712 pro to go with it, and from what I can understand the AKG kxx series is quite a good match for the X7. Anyone tested this for gaming?
I was first considering to get X7 and the DT990 but this is seemingly not a good match from what Ive read here.

Can I use the optical in from PS4, or USB from a PC to play virtual surround sound to my headphones, and simultaneously play music (spotify) using my phone or tab, through the side USB port, WITHOUT the X7 making the music into virtual surround? cuz that would kinda suck. For music I like it direct, non colored, or at least not in "scout mode"..

I tried to find the answer to this in the forums but I cant find nothing that explains it, in a way I understand at least..

Is it also possible to run sound from ps4 controller to to the RCA input to get the chat sound out together with the rest of the game sound and music, and then I can adjust the chat volume/game/music all separately using the app or pc software? 

any help appreciated

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #1,103 of 3,608
Just a heads up, the X7 does not play nice with hubs.
Any firmware updates will fail and it does not detect certain things [USB host, What U Hear, etc.]
So, some of the issues I had were caused by using a hub 
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,104 of 3,608
Looks like I'm re-purchasing the Sound Blaster X7 (since I'm also getting a PS4 soonish) after I sell my Geek Pulse. They should be able to power my ZMF Omnis, but who knows?

Did a FW update ever come out that allows SBX through line out, or did they never actually get around to doing that (or have the ability?)

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #1,107 of 3,608
They are "debating back and forth". It will never happen.

Headphone mode to Line Out/optical was a STANDARD feature for over a decade. "debating back and forth" is quite a joke. The "Sb axx1" is able to mix everything around the world together but it can't route "headphone mode" to the line out or optical? 

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,108 of 3,608
Looks like I'm re-purchasing the Sound Blaster X7 (since I'm also getting a PS4 soonish) after I sell my Geek Pulse. They should be able to power my ZMF Omnis, but who knows?

Did a FW update ever come out that allows SBX through line out, or did they never actually get around to doing that (or have the ability?)

X7 or the G5, both will be good. So far, headphone out gets the headphone processing and the line-out/optical-out gets a version of virtual surround processing intended for stereo speakers. G5 May or may not be the same, but the E5, which is closely related, was able to be plugged into PlayStation USB and natively do chat and microphone audio.

E5 apparently is going on sale Friday, it does surround for PC or stereo from PS4.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,109 of 3,608
X7 or the G5, both will be good. So far, headphone out gets the headphone processing and the line-out/optical-out gets a version of virtual surround processing intended for stereo speakers. G5 May or may not be the same, but the E5, which is closely related, was able to be plugged into PlayStation USB and natively do chat and microphone audio.

E5 apparently is going on sale Friday, it does surround for PC or stereo from PS4.

I, at the last moment, ended up getting a trade offer for a JDS Element, so I had to jump that (because cash comes with it.) I may get an soundcard for the pc and something else for the console, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back