Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Nov 23, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #1,127 of 3,608
Hey guys!

Have you tried using x7's ASIO in music production software? If you did what are your impressions?

For me getting ASIO to work is troublesome - I have to close every application that generates audio to make it work and sometimes change sample rate within a program. I find it disappointing because previous creative soundcards i have used were able to handle ASIO while running multiple different audio sources simultaneously.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,130 of 3,608
How do I connect bluetooth headphones to my x7?
MDR-1ABT

You don't.
  Hey guys!

Have you tried using x7's ASIO in music production software? If you did what are your impressions?

For me getting ASIO to work is troublesome - I have to close every application that generates audio to make it work and sometimes change sample rate within a program. I find it disappointing because previous creative soundcards i have used were able to handle ASIO while running multiple different audio sources simultaneously.

I'm pretty sure it's caused by the fact that the X7 was not meant to be a production software card.

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #1,131 of 3,608
  I'm pretty sure it's caused by the fact that the X7 was not meant to be a production software card.

Two cheap Creative cards i have used in the past also were not meant as such (x-fi fatality something super-ultra gamer and some other one), yet they had no problems handling such tasks with grace. Is it not disappointing that flagship Creative's card has trouble with it? I would really love if they would fix it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1,132 of 3,608
The LE version is $349 on Anazon right now.

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,133 of 3,608
The LE version is $349 on Anazon right now.

The benefit of the LE is only apparent if you're also going to drive passive speakers with it. It's a great deal if you want to use both headphones and passive speakers.

If it's cheaper than the standard edition, you can't go wrong, and I'm fairly certain you could always sell it at no loss of you weren't happy with it.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #1,134 of 3,608
It also has a cleaner headphone out. Less output impedance. I thought it'd sound brighter, but it isn't the case.

Also, RCA out is SPEAKER SBX. Trust me, its surround effect is not what you want for headphones.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,135 of 3,608
It also has a cleaner headphone out. Less output impedance. I thought it'd sound brighter, but it isn't the case.

Also, RCA out is SPEAKER SBX. Trust me, its surround effect is not what you want for headphones.

Great information as always, sir.

I was under the impression that the difference in output impedance was negligible unless you're using an extremely sensitive IEM. Is that not correct?

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #1,136 of 3,608
For strictly gaming (surround), is there any other DAC (hardware) that is on par with the X7 that isn't an internal sound card?

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,138 of 3,608
For strictly gaming (surround), is there any other DAC (hardware) that is on par with the X7 that isn't an internal sound card?

Soundblaster Omni.

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,139 of 3,608
Soundblaster Omni.

Cool, thanks. I just remembered I have an Asus Xonar U7 lying around. How does that stack up against the Omni / X7?

I'm basically looking to upgrade my amp and DAC for music, but I also want an option for gaming to use with the new amp. Looking at the Schiit Lyr 2.

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,140 of 3,608
Cool, thanks. I just remembered I have an Asus Xonar U7 lying around. How does that stack up against the Omni / X7?

I'm basically looking to upgrade my amp and DAC for music, but I also want an option for gaming to use with the new amp. Looking at the Schiit Lyr 2.

I have the Xonar U7 Echelon edition, it has this neat Sonic Radar feature that I like a lot, The DAC and ADC chips on the U7 are also superior to Omni's. U7 has two types of surround, Asus's own surround and DHTv4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back