Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR
Feb 7, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #1,846 of 3,462
yesterday i've attached my syberia v2 headset to the ACM
but in chat my voice is very low and my friend told me the sound became low and high when my voice start to keep.

sorry for my english

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,848 of 3,462
  How many of you guys use the surround effect in the sound blaster control panel? I have tried it out a few times and I just found that makes the audio sound weird to me.

I use a 5.1 Setup (see my Sig) and I've noticed the SBX Surround basically brings the sound to the center channel and you really need to dial it back from the default position in order to get a good surround effect.

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,849 of 3,462
Why are you using sbx with 5.1 speakers? You should already have a perfectly imaged surround effect.

The only thing you might want sbx for would be to upmix your stereo sources to surround or surround stereo. If that's your thing.

Speakers and sbx get really borked if you install speaker setup tool. You need to install drivers without it as it tends to screw up crosstalk and volumes.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #1,850 of 3,462
With a 2.0 Source..

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #1,851 of 3,462
Hi I have now astro mixamp 2011 for surround sound and thinking to change to new soundcard. There are Z ,ZX ,ZXR and xonar essence stx in my mind .Wich one is the best for battlefield 4 and if I change card , it will make  big difference ? My favorite is zxr but is it good idea pay more or lower z model will be ok too ?

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,854 of 3,462
I was having the issue with the channels randomly swapping.

I tried creating a fresh Windows 8.1 x64 install - same thing happened.

I tried using the 16 drivers as opposed to the 22. And this helped some, the issue occurred less frequently -- but I noticed that there was something funny going on with the SBX surround. Sounded muddy, sounded like I was getting surround effects even when SBX was off.

I had seen that some users had their issue resolved by placing their card in a pcie 1x slot.

On my motherboard (Gigabyte P67a-ud7-b3) the lone PCIe 1x slot had a gigantic heat sink behind it covering the NF200, not allowing any card longer than the pcie 1x slot.

So I broke the heatpipes on each side and removed the top part of that heat sink so just the base is on.

That NF200 is getting pretty hot... but it's totally screw*n worth it now. This ZXR is the t*ts! My gawd... I can't believe I was just going to be satisfied with the channels coming out of the right driver. This card has blown me away.

And I was able to go back to my old image so I didn't have to go through and reload all the programs.

I ordered a higher end low profile heat sink. Hopefully it gets here before my board melts :D

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #1,855 of 3,462
Hi, just got ZxR an trying to play with set-up. One thing i noticed that 192KHz is only working in Stereo Direct mode and i usually use headphones, why would they limit it to one mode only? Or is there technical things about it? Also why ASIO support only up-to 96KHz, not 192 like even cheaper ASUS do? It is strange that hardware seems to be able to support this modes, as ASUS do use similar chips but they cutting things down?

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #1,856 of 3,462
Hi, just got ZxR an trying to play with set-up. One thing i noticed that 192KHz is only working in Stereo Direct mode and i usually use headphones, why would they limit it to one mode only? Or is there technical things about it? Also why ASIO support only up-to 96KHz, not 192 like even cheaper ASUS do? It is strange that hardware seems to be able to support this modes, as ASUS do use similar chips but they cutting things down?

192 KHz is only supported in stereo in commercial releases as well so it is no great loss. While the ADC does support 192 kHz recording Creative's chips et or driver does not. There is no useful information up there anyway. Virtually all digital audio chips et perform better at 96KHz than 192KHz as well. The only thing you will likely see above the 96KHz sample rate cut off is aliasing products. That is all I have seen come from the essence STX card that I had.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #1,857 of 3,462
  Hi I have now astro mixamp 2011 for surround sound and thinking to change to new soundcard. There are Z ,ZX ,ZXR and xonar essence stx in my mind .Wich one is the best for battlefield 4 and if I change card , it will make  big difference ? My favorite is zxr but is it good idea pay more or lower z model will be ok too ?

get the Z,Zx / ZxR are overpriced, sbx surround is superior to dolby headphone, i own a  2011 mixamp as well, check out my profile pics :) 

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #1,858 of 3,462
I wouldn't even spend the money on the zx either. Waste the ACM is in my opinion. I would rather control volume digitally through windows by keyboard shortcuts or hot keys. And the mic in the z is more flexible in its position .

On another note I finally got around to taking off the god awful leds on my z that were ruining my case UV glow. I just wiggled them enough and they popped right off easily enough.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #1,859 of 3,462
On uk amazon SB Z  OEM is for 48.50 , boxed SB Z is 69.99 , SB ZX 89.99 and ZXR 168 pounds. IF I buy now oem sb z I will have same surround sound like zxr? I read nearly :wink: all reviews and tests for z and zxr .Everywere zxr has top awards and great surround sound but in Z reviews they write that is good but not great. Is this surround sound is same everywere then?
I use beyerdynamic dt990 pro 250ohm and only them will be connected to this card.
One more thing about oem card - on the amazon picture they show card with golden capacitors and on z reviews they have black cheaper ones.Is this mean sbz oem is a zx model without cover ,box and acm?

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #1,860 of 3,462
ZxR is a different story, it has better DAC, components and headphone amp. than Z. But other than this it is the same, so for gaming result will be more or less the same. Go ZxR if You care for top quality for music as example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back