Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Nov 17, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #1,071 of 2,345
Just downloaded Pandora. When connected via USB, both EQ & SBX can be tweaked to your heart's content in the Sound Blaster Central app while Pandora keeps on chugging away in the background. If connected via Bluetooth, you can only enable / disable the last SBX settings via the E5's hardware SBX button.
:beerchug:

Nov 17, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,072 of 2,345
Just downloaded Pandora. When connected via USB, both EQ & SBX can be tweaked to your heart's content in the Sound Blaster Central app while Pandora keeps on chugging away in the background. If connected via Bluetooth, you can only enable / disable the last SBX settings via the E5's hardware SBX button.

Upgrade your firmware. That will correct the problem. I did it last week and now I can tweak away via BT.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #1,073 of 2,345

Great news and thank you for verifying for me! Only other concern is will it be too much power for my Audio Technica ATH M-50X and should I go with the Fiio E12a? I've heard that is a great amp. Decisions are killing me. Been researching for weeks now and have narrowed it down to either the E5, Fiio E12A or the Teac HA-P50 but having a hard time pulling the trigger! Any thoughts?

Went through the same tuff decisions when deciding on my Car audio and Home audio gear. That's where researching the Audio Forums like this one really help!

Thanks again

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,074 of 2,345
Upgrade your firmware. That will correct the problem. I did it last week and now I can tweak away via BT.

Holy moly, VinegarBoy! That's awesome!!!

I did update but didn't realize that was part of the changelog. I'm really glad Creative implemented this. I know some of us reviewers strongly suggested implementing this functionality. Great job SoundBlaster!!!

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,075 of 2,345
E5 won't be too powerful Steeltrouble. It's just fine on Low Gain with sensitive IEM yet can handle high-impedance cans in High Gain.

While I like my E12A, it's not going to bypass the iPhone's DAC like E5 does and E5 allows you to tweak the sound even for streaming apps. It really is a pretty cool little device. I found myself using the SBX settings far more than I thought I would.

If I were you, I'd give the E5 the first shot. If you aren't happy, sell it and try one of the others.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,076 of 2,345

That's exactly what I needed to hear. Decision made, E5 is on order. I also like the connection options among others and also being able to use it for gaming on the home computer and also that it will work with PS4 from what I've heard. Thanks again, you ROCK my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back