Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Apr 1, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #602 of 2,345
  Hi. I think of getting E5. I have Samsung Note 4. And I really do not want the Sound Blaster to charge my phone, period. Do you know if this issue has been resolved? Thank you.

Unless Google changes how Android behaves in AOA protocol for audio, there is no real fix to this issue. It is, for now, a requirement.

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #605 of 2,345
I currently have the ZX and the ACM module Volume Pot gives me very annoying static when adjusting the volume so I thought I might grab the E5 to address this issue which means pairing it up with the ZX sound card.

Has anybody here done this and would it be a viable solution or should I just sell the ZX to help fund the E5 and use it on it's own??

Thanks.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #606 of 2,345
  I currently have the ZX and the ACM module Volume Pot gives me very annoying static when adjusting the volume so I thought I might grab the E5 to address this issue which means pairing it up with the ZX sound card.

Has anybody here done this and would it be a viable solution or should I just sell the ZX to help fund the E5 and use it on it's own??

Thanks.

Try this first: disconnect the ACM module (or shut down the PC, or make sure nothing is connected to the ACM), then turns the ACM from one end to the other and vise versa. Repeat for 1 minute or so, then check if the noise is gone or not.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #607 of 2,345

Try this first: disconnect the ACM module (or shut down the PC, or make sure nothing is connected to the ACM), then turns the ACM from one end to the other and vise versa. Repeat for 1 minute or so, then check if the noise is gone or not.

You Sir, are a steely eyed missile man!!

Noise has been significantly reduced. Still some noise but compared to before about 90% improvement. Still thinking of ditching it in favour of the E5 though. Upgradeitis!!

Did you have the same issue??

Many thanks for your assistance.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #608 of 2,345

Did you have the same issue??

Many thanks for your assistance.

Never own a ZX before, but what you have described is a common problem for all analog volume pot. You can try turning a few more minutes to see if it will get even better.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #613 of 2,345
How does this E5 compare to Fiio E17K? I have HD650 and AKG K7xx headphones. Still debating which portable DAC/AMP to buy. I know E5 has more features, but personally the only thing I care is the sound. And how about ifi nano? 

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #615 of 2,345
How does this E5 compare to Fiio E17K? I have HD650 and AKG K7xx headphones. Still debating which portable DAC/AMP to buy. I know E5 has more features, but personally the only thing I care is the sound. And how about ifi nano? 

In retrospect, I would've bought the iDSD Nano, in terms of SQ it is meant to be superior. Having said that, my next purchase is going to be an iDSD Micro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back