Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Mar 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #571 of 2,345
  once setted 1 time, after i cant plug it without driver and use all features ? or not ?

Your question doesn't make sense.

Once you set the SBX setting once, the E5 will store the setting on board and you don't need to use the driver to enable / disable it. All you need is to press the SBX button on the E5 itself. However, you still need the driver to adjust volume so you should leave the driver running on the background.

Mar 18, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #572 of 2,345
Read whole thread and some questions that have not been done yet:
1)Over bluetooth there are 2 options, either stereo or pcm output via toslink?
2)If pcm output it is a pass through signal to be driven 'untouched' to an amplifier (Direct ouput)?
3)Or better to connect amp with stereo rca in?
4)How good is the internal stereo microphone? I consider it to be placed between monitor and keyboard in front of me.

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #573 of 2,345

Your question doesn't make sense.

Once you set the SBX setting once, the E5 will store the setting on board and you don't need to use the driver to enable / disable it. All you need is to press the SBX button on the E5 itself. However, you still need the driver to adjust volume so you should leave the driver running on the background.

Ok, the sense of this question is that i want set the E5 only one time in one PC, and after i want use it already setted in others PC without driver ( for example if i set a special equalization with driver, i want the same also in others PC ).

Mar 19, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #574 of 2,345
  Ok, the sense of this question is that i want set the E5 only one time in one PC, and after i want use it already setted in others PC without driver ( for example if i set a special equalization with driver, i want the same also in others PC ).

Yes, it will use the old setting from the first PC. You won't be able to adjust any of the setting until you install the driver though.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #576 of 2,345
  Anyone tried recording on iOS devices yet?

Also, when used as a headphone amp, does it go through ADC and DAC conversion?

Dunno about the iOS recording, but the 2nd question has been answered before, and it is 'yes'.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #578 of 2,345
  @ClieOS could you please make a detail review of the E5? I love reading your reviews. 

It is in progress actually, shouldn't be too long now.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #580 of 2,345
  In pure analog in / analog out headphone amp mode, because of the ADC/DAC process, can anyone tell me how much lag is introduced?
Thanks

Roughly 11ms (= 0.011s), according to my own measurement.

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #585 of 2,345
SBX Pro in this E5 is perfetcly the same of what i can find in Sound Blaster internal sound card ?

I have both the E5 and a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro (a few years old now). The features are almost identical.The E5's equalizer doesn't allow small adjustments, and there's no treble adjustment, but they're otherwise the same. The features that count are there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back