Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Dec 5, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #317 of 2,345
Hi. When connected to my iPod touch 5g from time to time the sound becomes suddenly buzzy with lots of noise and I have to unplug and plus the Lightning cable to fix it.
Not sure if it's completely random or only with specific songs but I'm thinking on returning the unit.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #320 of 2,345
Hi. When connected to my iPod touch 5g from time to time the sound becomes suddenly buzzy with lots of noise and I have to unplug and plus the Lightning cable to fix it.
Not sure if it's completely random or only with specific songs but I'm thinking on returning the unit.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks

Try to turn ON the E5 before you plug to the iPod.
I have that problem when I plug E5 in OFF condition to my phone, and then turn it ON after plugging.  But when I turn ON before plugging, so far no problem.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #321 of 2,345

Try to turn ON the E5 before you plug to the iPod.
I have that problem when I plug E5 in OFF condition to my phone, and then turn it ON after plugging.  But when I turn ON before plugging, so far no problem.

Thanks earfonia,
Will try later but I remember that still happens while connected. 

While listening everything is ok, then suddenly the buzz starts, sometimes this happens while adjusting volume.
Then if I disconnect the lightning cable and connect it again the issue is fixed. Turning off-on the E5 also fixes the problem.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #322 of 2,345
  Thanks earfonia,
Will try later but I remember that still happens while connected. 

While listening everything is ok, then suddenly the buzz starts, sometimes this happens while adjusting volume.
Then if I disconnect the lightning cable and connect it again the issue is fixed. Turning off-on the E5 also fixes the problem.

Ok, looks like a different problem than mine. Probably cable problem.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #323 of 2,345
I have some questions if anyone can answer.
I just ordered this and will be using it on a iphone 6. Many people keep talking about charging issues and the phone going into charge mode.
This device is suppose to charge the phone. Is it not doing that? Or am I missing what you guys are talking about?

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #324 of 2,345
No, it is not supposed to charge the phone. It's not a battery pack.
You really do not want a device like an amplifier, sucking possibly north of 100mA current, also feeding a guest device for charging.
No, it won't likely charge an iPhone 6, as it did not charge both my iPad Air and reportedly iPhone 5s.

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #325 of 2,345
I have some questions if anyone can answer.
I just ordered this and will be using it on a iphone 6. Many people keep talking about charging issues and the phone going into charge mode.
This device is suppose to charge the phone. Is it not doing that? Or am I missing what you guys are talking about?

No the charging is on Android phones. IPhones and IPod Touch are not effected.

Dec 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #326 of 2,345
No the charging is on Android phones. IPhones and IPod Touch are not effected.

I thought it was supposed to charge both... Anyways I personally would want it to charge my phones, but I want it to be optional.  It could double as a portable battery that way.  Oh, I have 15% battery left?  No matter, I have this E5 here to charge it back up.  And once it's back to a usable level I'd disable it. 

I'm pretty sure that the charging feature can be controlled by software, so if that's the case hopefully they'll change it if enough of us complain about it. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #327 of 2,345
No, it is not supposed to charge the phone. It's not a battery pack.
You really do not want a device like an amplifier, sucking possibly north of 100mA current, also feeding a guest device for charging.
No, it won't likely charge an iPhone 6, as it did not charge both my iPad Air and reportedly iPhone 5s.
When it was first on creatives website it said it was a battery and charged both iPhone and android. Maybe they had issues and changed it.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #329 of 2,345
It is my understanding now that Android phone don't just require the sound blaster central but also a sound blaster service which is a separate download. The service assist with the connection to the phone and stops the charging at a certaint point to prevent drain. It would probably be helpful if you charged your phones battery first before using the E5.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #330 of 2,345
Can somebody on Windows go to Playback Devices, Right click on the E5 device, click Configure Speakers and tell me if it appears as a 5.1 speaker system.

This video will show you how to get to the Configure Speakers Option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back