Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Nov 22, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #1,114 of 2,345
  Y'all know the volume button doubles as the play/pause button when pressed, right?

Agree that other transport controls would've been nice. Maybe in future iterations...

yes, but as mentioned above it just mutes and unmutes, so it not really controlling the phone. Better than nothing though.

Would be great if a future version would include media/call controls, add a little more audio quality (like my cleaner sounding JDS Labs C5D) and have a smaller footprint. I guess I just want it all. :wink:

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,115 of 2,345

Odd, you mention it dosen't work as a DAC with you Note 3. It works fine with both my Note 3 and Note 4. I'm using Micro USB to Micro USB, as I don't want the E5 to charge my phone and drain it's battery.

I use the E5 mainly with my computer though.

Well, I think it doesn't work with my android 5.01 build for Note 3. I have no idea why though. I'm using Hibyplayer on my Note 3, and it works fine with my Hugo, so I have no idea what's going on too. :frowning2:

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #1,117 of 2,345
  I am using it on Note 4. What I am finding is that micro USB to micro USB works, but the sound blaster central app wouldn't detect the E5.

If you use UAPP or HF Player, you can use those app for direct music playback over USB while using Bluetooth to connect the Central app to E5 to adjust for SBX.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #1,119 of 2,345

If you use UAPP or HF Player, you can use those app for direct music playback over USB while using Bluetooth to connect the Central app to E5 to adjust for SBX.

That's a good idea. The bluetooth is always on at any rate. I wonder if we can have bluetooth antenna turned off to save some battery come to think of it.

This reminds of the fact that USB and Bluetooth operation can happen simultaneously on the E5. I found to my surprise that bluetooth source and USB source end up making E5 playing two songs at once.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,120 of 2,345

Well, I think it doesn't work with my android 5.01 build for Note 3. I have no idea why though. I'm using Hibyplayer on my Note 3, and it works fine with my Hugo, so I have no idea what's going on too. :frowning2:

Just sent you a PM about this, didn't realize you posted here. Are you positive you have Sound Blaster Services installed?

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #1,121 of 2,345
It would be freaking awesome if the volume button functioned like a remote button, like on many headsets (for mobile phones, anyway). One click to pause, two to skip, etc. I think mute is kinda useless, but a multi-function remote would be all sorts of awesome....

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,122 of 2,345
  It would be freaking awesome if the volume button functioned like a remote button, like on many headsets (for mobile phones, anyway). One click to pause, two to skip, etc. I think mute is kinda useless, but a multi-function remote would be all sorts of awesome....

I wonder if that's actually implementable through firmware update. If this is done, then we can just press on the volume button to answer a call or something.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,123 of 2,345
  I wonder if that's actually implementable through firmware update. If this is done, then we can just press on the volume button to answer a call or something.

I can't imagine it's not. It's not a mechanical device or anything - they could totally change which button does what, if they wanted.

Does anybody know if there's a way to disable device charging via USB when plugging into a phone?
EDIT: Looking back, apparently Google's android protocol forces the thing to charge the phone. Grrr. I wish it was defeatable.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,125 of 2,345
  double click on the power button. That should disable charging.

Nope, doesn't appear to work. I thought that only referred to charging while using the MicroUSB plug, not the full-sized USB host plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back