Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Nov 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #181 of 2,345
All compatible idevices support upto 48khz but there maybe Android devices that only support 44.1khz.

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #182 of 2,345

You fail to understand Scout Mode.  It's an option.  Completely an option that you enable and disable.  By default, it's disabled.  It doesn't effect anything when it's disabled. 

Not just any option.  It doesn't matter what else is enabled or disabled, it is dependant on only itself.  SBX Pro can be on or off, it doesn't effect Scout Mode.  What /does/ effect scout mode is if you have it enabled or not.  NOTHING ELSE effects Scout Mode. 

That's why there's no reason for them not to add it. 

Maybe, but it is not me you need to convince.

I still think it might have something to do with how EQ is implemented inside the E5 instead of the PC though. The processing power required might just exceed what the DSP can do. Anyway, as much as I am a FPS player for the last 2 decades, having Scout Mode or not really doesn't concern me a bit.

How's the E5 against JDS Labs C5 in SQ alone?

Right in the same ballpark, but I'll say C5 might have the edge.

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #184 of 2,345

Maybe, but it is not me you need to convince.

I still think it might have something to do with how EQ is implemented inside the E5 instead of the PC though. The processing power required might just exceed what the DSP can do. Anyway, as much as I am a FPS player for the last 2 decades, having Scout Mode or not really doesn't concern me a bit.

Right in the same ballpark, but I'll say C5 might have the edge.

There is no maybe about it.  The SB Z is almost exactly the same as this thing, but it's not portable.  The SB Z uses the Sound Core 3D chip, while this uses the Axx1 chip.  Unless they did a downgrade, it wouldn't be an issue. 

If Scout Mode effected stuff when it was turned off, that'd be like turning off your light switch at home, and the lights would still be on. In other words, only the worlds biggest idiot would make it work that way.  I can gurantee you that when SM is disabled, it doesn't do crap.  It also works just fine on the E3, so there really is no reason for it to not work on the E5.  It's obvious that the chip can do it, and the fact that they removed it is just mind boggling as to why they did it.  I'm really disappointed. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #185 of 2,345
I was talking about comparing the E5 as a DAC/Amp to the other 2 also. How does it compare?

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #187 of 2,345

There is no maybe about it.  The SB Z is almost exactly the same as this thing, but it's not portable.  The SB Z uses the Sound Core 3D chip, while this uses the Axx1 chip.  Unless they did a downgrade, it wouldn't be an issue. 

Yes, but SB Z is a sound card that can benefit from the processing power of your PC. That's not the case for E5. Anyway, it is what it is, so no point guessing what/why it is from our end. Only Creative knows the real reason.

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #188 of 2,345
  Can I send the audio over NFC ? or if I send digital audio data over Bluetooth, will SQ degraded?

I am planning to use E5 with my samsung s4 and sennheiser IE8

Do you offer another DAC AMP comparable to E5?

Where can I pre order this DAC/Amp?

Too much questions sorry 
etysmile.gif

I am very excited about this product because of nfc and bluetooth tech it uses. 

i heard from the Creative guy that Singapore gets the first batch, rest of the world next week...which is tomorrow?

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #189 of 2,345

Yes, but SB Z is a sound card that can benefit from the processing power of your PC. That's not the case for E5. Anyway, it is what it is, so no point guessing what/why it is from our end. Only Creative knows the real reason.

Still, if the E3 can, the E5 should. 

Maybe there is an actual limitation, but it sure would help if they told us what it is instead of just leaving us all wondering.  I know there's a lot of others out there who feel the same way as I do.  We've all tried to get answers, but Creative is saying as little as they can. 
  i heard from the Creative guy that Singapore gets the first batch, rest of the world next week...which is tomorrow?

I think you're right.  I forgot the exact dates, but once December 4th (ish) hits the US should be able to buy these, and I think I might get it.  Not sure, but I think I might.  I have to decide how important Scout Mode is to me, and how important SBX Pro is.  Then I gotta debate E5 vs Z vs others.  Mobile isn't a big need for me, but I still am excited that I have the option for it. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #191 of 2,345
Any game will benefit from it.  But from what I hear it's /really/ useful, so much as that you can hear someone literally across the map in CS:GO, or in BF you can hear them from roughly double the distance.  Now the downside to this is you can't judge distance as well when you have this on, however the shear ability to tell that someone is there, and which direction they are in down to a few feet in either direction is impressive and extremely useful.  It becomes extremely rare that you'd ever be knifed again in BF, and the fact that it works as well as it does across the board in all kinds of games is just impressive. 

That being said, there's not much out there that talks about it other than personal experience and Creative.  A few companies (like ASUS) have tried to copy it, but I hear that their programs aren't quite as good. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #193 of 2,345
Not yet out. I may or may not get one, but the Singapore team told me that it would be out later, date to be confirmed.

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #194 of 2,345
Any game will benefit from it.  But from what I hear it's /really/ useful, so much as that you can hear someone literally across the map in CS:GO, or in BF you can hear them from roughly double the distance.  Now the downside to this is you can't judge distance as well when you have this on, however the shear ability to tell that someone is there, and which direction they are in down to a few feet in either direction is impressive and extremely useful.  It becomes extremely rare that you'd ever be knifed again in BF, and the fact that it works as well as it does across the board in all kinds of games is just impressive. 

That being said, there's not much out there that talks about it other than personal experience and Creative.  A few companies (like ASUS) have tried to copy it, but I hear that their programs aren't quite as good. 

Creative is literally the pride of my country, having grown so sccuessful designing audio software.

I used the scout mode before and it is quite good, but I can somehow hear where people are coming from through the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 speakers when I'm playing pixel gun 3D so I don't really need it. Then and again the Samsung I have has 2 huge stereo speakers while most phones only have one at the back, so it helps.

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #195 of 2,345
Not yet out. I may or may not get one, but the Singapore team told me that it would be out later, date to be confirmed.

There already is a date confirmed.  Let me fetch them for you. 

Ok, so here's what I'm talking about.  Turns out it isn't out quite yet, but it will be very soon.

Singapore/Asia?: 27-30th November, limited quality

United States:3rd December

UK and EU:Nov 25th, demos have been going on for a while. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back