Creative G5 discussion and reviews
Oct 4, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #481 of 645

3) However I haven't played a lot with the settings yet as I'm using a Titanium HD on the PC. Since 45 is the default with the G5's 7.1 (haven't even listened to that) we should do a few recordings to clarify the SBX problem:

Since you seem to have used the G5 from a Titanium HD as by the above post, could you give some insights on how it compares to the Titanium HD?

Asking since currently I have the Titanium HD and just ordered a G5 and was wondering whether it would have any benefits other than have not having an internal sound card. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #482 of 645
no benefits on virtual surround, quite the contrary

only benefit is the amp part, output impedance and being external, having a small driver footprint in the system

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #484 of 645
not really but if you got the Titanium HD for 50 bucks and you add a Vali 2 into the mix by connecting it through the Titanium HD then I'd definitely favor that combo. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #485 of 645
Well I already have the Titanium HD amped with a Magni right now. 

Ordered the G5 since it was on sale right now for $75 so was thinking it was a good solution for the easy switch between headphones/speakers. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #487 of 645
no

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #489 of 645
Returned my G5 and got my Fiio e10K Dac/Amp last night.. oh wow night and day difference in directional sound, finally I can hear and pin point locations... just a great pairing with my AD700x

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #491 of 645
I agree with Doba

They sound great with music. Its just if thats all youre after you may want to look elsewhere. I'd rather Creative didn't get sales on this product and start looking in to why. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #492 of 645
Returned my G5 and got my Fiio e10K Dac/Amp last night.. oh wow night and day difference in directional sound, finally I can hear and pin point locations... just a great pairing with my AD700x

Just wondering how a stereo amp with ZERO sound processing can provide BETTER positioning than a surround sound processor? Are you using an on-board sound card in a pc?

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #493 of 645
well, it seems you haven't been introduced to the magic of HARDPANNING DEDICATED STEREO GAMING

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #494 of 645
Just wondering how a stereo amp with ZERO sound processing can provide BETTER positioning than a surround sound processor? Are you using an on-board sound card in a pc?

everywhere I read about the G5 people dont even use the virtual surround, they always set to stereo 2.0 anyway.. The G5 is simply busted, the positional audio is just bad the rears and fronts are too similar which blends everything together and leaves you scratching your head.

The amp/dac eliminates the on board, many people suggest studio sound stage > virtual surround.. and now Im one of those people, mind you I would still like to test another sound blaster product just to compare.

My on-board has better positional sound than the G5 but the overall sound quality is far superior on the G5.. The Fiio e10k compares in sound quality to the G5, but blows both out of the water with positional. 

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #495 of 645
well i own fiio e10k and creative sound blasterx g5(which came today from amazon which now cost only 75usd with free shipping WHAT!).
I had bought fiio e10k 3month ago which cost around 105sgd( around 70usd)..and i realize i game alot so i decided to go for creative sound blasterx g5 rather than sound card..
the headphone i own is akg q701,ath m50s and ath ad700x.fk yeah!.

For stereo listening honestly no different for both..maybe creative g5 is abit on louder side..

Fiio e10k

PROs
-felt more premium(better build quality)
-easy to setup(no software require plug and go)
-good sound for all my headphone
-Amp/dac combos up to 300ohms

CONs
-Very small i had drop 2time (cause i pull my headphone wired without realising it)
-Only stereo(can use razor surround for free but still quite bad)
-not enough power to power my q701.

Creative soundblasterX g5

PROs
-mic input(great for gamers like me)
-good power
-many function(for gaming and watching movies)
-amp/dac combos up to 600ohms
-can play around with software.

CONs
-Red Led(like kid toys)
-volume knob very stiff and weird(feel like going to break)
-don't build to last (amazon feedbacks)
-need to download software.

My Conclusion is i prefer creative soundblasterx g5 more than fiio e10k  if the price is about the same.otherwise if creative cost twice than don't bother buying it unless you really need the surround..i keeping my soundblasterX g5 and fiio e10k is going to be sold.I believe creative soundblasterX g5 is target more towards gaming rather than just listening to music..But like i say for about the same price soundblasterx g5 is way to go for me.

i will link it below for creative soundblasterx G5
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018JUPY3A/ref=crt_ewc_img_gw_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back